MERGED --> What's everyone paying to see the show?+ How much $$$ is too much ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$575....for to GA's in Philly. Not too bad although I still think these ticket brokers are crooks!! U2 is the only event in the world worthy of these prices.

hey lemon_vr6 - do you work? i mean iwould love to do that but i have bills to pay and a job, it just wouldn't fly for me. not to mention my husband would probly divorce me, he thinks i am crazy enough over the boys. you should document your tour, pics and thoughts, that would be awesome to see and read.

We're spending $630 total on tickets for two to 3 concerts. 4 of the tickets were scalped/more expensive b/c we're not U2.com members and got nothing in the general sales. The first two are the same weekend in Chicago and we're staying w/ Phil's rich aunt and uncle who have a million dollar condo downtown, so that's no cost. The third show will either be Detroit or Chicago, both w/in driving distance and we won't spend the night. I'm only missing one day of work for three shows so I didn't do too bad.

A few years back, I'd planned to go hog wild on this tour, but then I had an opportunity to study for a month in Africa, which I gto two additional student loans for a took. I had to decide which experience would be more meaningful, and I chose Africa. I don't regret it. I'll still see shows, I just won't be able to afford the experience of travelling for the tour. I also got two cats recently and I know it sounds dumb, but I love them so I can't just pack up and spend a month on the road like a groupie. They're a huge, but rewarding time and financial commitment that I'm willing to deal with. I can't imagine what it's like to try to work in tour travel if you have kids...

Approximately...

One MILLion Dollars
drevil8.jpg

Damn, I need to graduate from college and get a real job. I can't believe you people have this kind of money to spend on U2! I'm so jealous!

dgirrrly said:
hey lemon_vr6 - do you work? i mean iwould love to do that but i have bills to pay and a job, it just wouldn't fly for me. not to mention my husband would probly divorce me, he thinks i am crazy enough over the boys. you should document your tour, pics and thoughts, that would be awesome to see and read.

I'll do that. And yes, I work. I had to fabricate a "family illness" story to get the 40 days off to go to Europe.

lemon_vr6 said:
$6000 (a total of 26 GA tickets for 12 shows) plus $2300 in airfare (Dublin and Paris) and a $1500 apartment rental in Paris for a month puts me at $9800 not accounting for living in Paris for a month or for leg 3. :crazy:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! :)

You should do a website about the tour or something.

I can relate somewhat. I've got 2 "hobbies" - U2 and Madonna. Last year I spent loads going to a handful of Madonna concerts.

lemon_vr6 that is brilliant...kudos to all of you who are touring with the boys...sooo jealous. i can only afford 3 shows as of now, but hopefully that will change. trying to get to the east coast for a show with my brother and friends. only 13 more days left!!!!!!!!:dancing:

lemon_vr6 said:
$6000 (a total of 26 GA tickets for 12 shows) plus $2300 in airfare (Dublin and Paris) and a $1500 apartment rental in Paris for a month puts me at $9800 not accounting for living in Paris for a month or for leg 3. :crazy:
:ohmy:

Is you're office hiring?

$320 for 2 third level behind the stage seats in Dallas
$295 for 2 seats on the first level right behind the stage, but in different sections in Houston.
$100 approx. gas money to drive... man I should probably get a job to pay for all this. :ohmy: I'm glad there are people that have paid more then me. :)

Last edited:
Hmm...

$40 - U2.com membership
$133-something - 2 Portland GA tickets
$7 - bus tickets

TOTAL (so far!) - $180

(It sucks being a poor college student...)

Back
Top Bottom