MERGED-->Stage plans: bringing it all together + Stage is a bomb, not an egg or oval.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
Stage plans: bringing it all together

There are dozens of threads from the last couple of months that have various stage plans, both official and imagined, that have been posted. However, they're all a pain in the ass to find, because they're buried in threads way back there. So, I propose that anyone who has any of these various plans/setups post them here so those of us who don't can take an easy look at them, and those who are just joining Interference can see them. And yeah, I want to see them too. ;)

And any new fan-made ones would be cool as well.

stage5qf.jpg

stage2copy2wr.jpg

detailview1tb.jpg

20050210stagemunich28pf.jpg

sandiegoarena.jpg

San_Diego_Arena_U2.gif

:rockon:

Holy crap!

That's awesome, but someone needs to tag this thread as a potential spoiler.

An it explains the GA5 reference on my floor ticket as well.

It would also suggest there is no reason to line up very early if GA fans will be herded into various areas.

Lastly, if this plays out as well as it looks in the drawing, I doubt anybody will bitch about the price of tickets!

The first three are fan-designed fakes that were posted on a "do your own stage design" thread here, I think.

Axver said:
The first three are fan-designed fakes that were posted on a "do your own stage design" thread here, I think.

If that's true, someone has an awful lot of spare time to be a part time U2 stage designer -- seemed pretty intricate and detailed to me.

BWU2Buffs said:

If that's true, someone has an awful lot of spare time to be a part time U2 stage designer -- seemed pretty intricate and detailed to me.

Yeah, I remember when they came up, I was pretty damn impressed. Whoever made it, come forth and claim your brilliant work!

BWU2Buffs said:

wow. alot of time.

is there any info that came with it or just the picture?

Yes, it's from thread that just came back up (really long thread, check in General Tour Discussions). It's entirely from a fan's imagination, and nothing tells us it has any resemblance to the real thing.

The stage will not be in the middle of the arena, I think we have enough clues to confirm that by now.

Some people from atu2 were at GM place yesterday and talked to some of the crew who said that the stage was target-shaped with some layers ( not sure what it means) but that's all we know.

Could it be possible they are using two different configurations -- depending on the building? Seems unlikely, but you never know.

Or, maybe they dreamed up two, and only settled on the end-stage.

Looks like I over-reacted -- oh well, better to stop a spoil than to let it ride. See, really, I was just looking out for everybody else (-:

That center-stage-with-egg-and-target is also fan-designed, lest anyone be confused.

Does anyone have that image from Glendale?

For the last time- U2 is playing with an END STAGE setup.

Did ANYONE look at the TM seating charts?

Ticketmaster wouldnt know what U2 is playing with they just posted generic stage setups and took them down later. They arent to be trusted as much as those fake stage designs.

Yahweh said:
Ticketmaster wouldnt know what U2 is playing with they just posted generic stage setups and took them down later.
There were tickets listed as 'behind the stage' for sale, some were in the $49 price range also. There'd be plenty of pissed off people who bought the $165 tix if there was indeed to be a stage in the center...

I drew the rendered center arena stage and the giant double pit stadium stage back in Sept, just for fun.

I'm an art director, but stage design is NOT my area of expertise, so it was a fun excerise that killed a few hours–nothing more.

Hope that they didn't confuse anyone and thanks for the kind words.

Last edited:
Yahweh said:
Ticketmaster wouldnt know what U2 is playing with they just posted generic stage setups and took them down later. They arent to be trusted as much as those fake stage designs.

Not true, the same thing happened for Elevation. A stage layout was on the seating chart for the Columbus OH show briefly when tickets went on sale. Then it was taken down quickly and the box style showed up, just like what is happening this time. It turned out to be the EXACT stage design for Elevation. I think this may be what happened with the AZ seating chart stage that appeared briefly. Someone screwed up or didnt know better and put it up, just like Columbus last time. Each arena has the schematic for how the stage is going to fit in their venue already for the first leg (IE exact layout).

As a few others have indicated, the stage is NOT in the center/round. The EGG design for arenas is what its going to be. The question is about the ramp and possible B stage that juts out from the egg that showed up on the AZ chart. That is what is not clear at this point.

Ah, but that one makes it look again like there will be an inner egg. That's what I'm hoping for. =)

I'll get GA tickets for Toronto but I'm going to the Corel Centre for seats.

Will they hold a raffle for those positions? Waiting in line in Nov not fun

Is it a good idea to buy seats right beside the stage?...say section 107 / 115?

:hmm:
:hmm:

knox said:
That center-stage-with-egg-and-target is also fan-designed, lest anyone be confused.

Does anyone have that image from Glendale?

here's Glendale, though I don't put stock in this one, either. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.
sandiego_sports_arena2.jpg

Blue Room said:

Not true, the same thing happened for Elevation. A stage layout was on the seating chart for the Columbus OH show briefly when tickets went on sale. Then it was taken down quickly and the box style showed up, just like what is happening this time. It turned out to be the EXACT stage design for Elevation. I think this may be what happened with the AZ seating chart stage that appeared briefly. Someone screwed up or didnt know better and put it up, just like Columbus last time. Each arena has the schematic for how the stage is going to fit in their venue already for the first leg (IE exact layout).

As a few others have indicated, the stage is NOT in the center/round. The EGG design for arenas is what its going to be. The question is about the ramp and possible B stage that juts out from the egg that showed up on the AZ chart. That is what is not clear at this point.

I hope you are right--I'd love to see the ramp/egg combo.

ruffian said:

I hope you are right--I'd love to see the ramp/egg combo.

Me too!! Unfortunately its looking like its just the egg though based on the other two "official" schematics that have surfaced from Ticketmaster. I guess we will know for sure soon enough. If there is a ramp and B stage, there wont be a bad spot on the floor and dividing it up into 3 sections would really alleviate almost all the pressure points. Just the egg design will be cool also, but it will be very similiar to Elevation obviously.

The Euro stadium stage design is odd though. No ramp or B stage into the crowd at all. That schematic of the German show is obviously very real also. I would have thought for sure they would have at least a ramp out into the crowd for the stadium shows. :shrug:

I spoke to a represenative at the Wachovia Center (where I bought my club box seats). He described the stage to me - which looks just like the Glendale picture that Ruffian had.

He also stated that it revolves and that even people behind the stage will have a great seat.

Here are some ideas that I came up with and posted before on another post. Thought I would just throw them into the mix.

BTW The person that did the other computer renderings at the begining of the post has a real talent!

stage.jpg

stage2.jpg

stage3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom