MERGED-->How Could This Happen??? + just isnt right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
How Could This Happen???

5 Nights at MSG and I cannot get one single ticket to any show. I started at exactly 9:00 AM and actually got through once for two tickets and when Ticketmaster charged my card there was an 'error.'

I have been a fan for over 20 years, and I cannot get one ticket to one show on this tour.

There is something wrong with the system. Why are there going to be hundreds of tickets on Ebay in a matter of minutes?

Scalpers have taken over the scene and to tell you the truth any band that relies on Ticketmaster should be ashamed of themselves.

I sound like I am being a baby, but fuck man, 5 shows in my city and I cannot get one ticket, and get a malfunction when I actually get throught.

Shitty Day.

Ouizy, do you remember where the seats were located? Maybe if you write to Ticketmaster, something can be done, and you can get a ticket. Let them know their system screwed up. It's worth a try.

I had a section 347, row A seat, and when I went to buy it I got an internal system error.

I wonder if these errors had anything to do with the strange fact that Elton John tickets also went on sale to the general public (not Amex holders) today. That's a lot of people trying to use Ticketmaster at once.

I simply cannot believe what I experienced this morning.

I have actually had an easier time getting tickets to every tour since the Joshua Tree when they only played one or two shows per city. Now 5 nights available and all I get are "network busy" screens from ticketmaster.

The system is flawed.

The band is added shows to inflated ticket sales due to scalping companies that can get around the system.

Well, now I have to pay at least $100.00 more per ticket on ebay or through a scalper.

It is time for bands to learn (a la Pearl Jam) that Ticketmaster really is not the way to go.

This just sucks, I am so unhappy...

f**kin elton john. jesus christ!
tried from dublin. got the wait - 5 mins then 9 mins then 2 mins then 8mins etc etc
at least the system seems to have worked over there for most people?
. i know NOBODY who got through in ireland for croke park. all tix were bought at the shops and everyone brought their mates and bought 6 each!

i so feel your pain..i also got in right at 9am...1 min wait time...tried for 2 GA's for 10/10...NONE AVAILABLE!!! If only i had tried best available..i'm second guessing the hell out of myself...i ended up getting one solo ticket for 10/14 so at least i'll be in the building for one show all by myself but how frustrating...

Ther may be hope. The same thing happend to me. I thought I was shut out (1st leg) then I get a letter from ticketmaster with my tickets that I thought I lost. The funny thing is, when I goto 'my ticket history' the tickets aren't there. Just wanted to let you know!!

"ouizy,"

Before turning to eBay, call Ticketmaster and speak to a service rep (obviously, wait until the madness of this morning dies down). Explain the problem and ask them to check your order history -- if the error message happened while you were processing your credit card, you MAY actually have the tickets already.

This happened to me in January -- when I called TM, I learned that my order had gone through. Boston GAs!

I got 3 tickets for 10/11 which I am very grateful for but damn was this a nail biter from what some of you are saying I am very very lucky. I too got the wait time 15 mns then down then up then nothing.

I am not sure what transpired this time during the pre-sale did people get tix this time? Maybe before the onsale today something happened like what happened that time with hootie and the blowfish where someone at TM took a bunch of tix out of the pool and sold them all to scalpers.

In NY/NJ "brokering" is legal and now with ebay etc.

I would almost welcome a 1992 recap of paying $75 to a scalper as I di at giants stadium.

I haver tickets I am grateful (all told cost me $543 with fees) but it is hard ot be happy when it is so far away and when many other fans got shut out.

Ticketamaster has moved toward more online sales and it is my belief that there goal is to eliminate physical outlet locations altogether.

Last edited:
anyone wanting to pay $250 for GA tickets to the dallas show? cuz they are out there.......

way better than NOT being there! hey, its u2..no $$ is too much

OR keep trying in the next few days errors, bad credit cards etc-definately call as someone suggested a similar thing happened with my friend and radiohead he thought he lost the tix but he had them.

I do congratulate the fans who did get tickets, but at the same time, I just visited ticketpro.com less than one hour after the extra shows were announced, and they had / have at least 100 tickets to each show. Now, how can THAT be possible?

The band should know this.

I am 100% with you all...I tried when they went on sale for the first leg...I live in NY, tried, MSG (jyea right), Jersey, Chicago, Philly, Boston, for second leg tried MSG again, but alas Ticketmaster blows its lid once again. I like how this happens to so many concerts and artists and nothing is ever done about it...it seems like with so many people unhappy it should get something done but rarely ever does....
So Im bleakly looking for tickets on here for Chicago...or anywhere,, hell with the cost of these tickets maybe Ill just fly to Mexico and go on vacation.
I dont get why U2 doesnt tour longer like the Stones...I mean they are one of the biggest bands in the world and they act like they are some poor garage band starting out and cant afford to put on a longer tour...hmm how many people bought 350 U2 iPods? OK sorry people off topic but Im just ripped as is 70% of U2 fans.
Peace

This was ridiculous. First, I had 2 screens searching for 15 minutes that were refreshing and judging from the URL, about to enter a check-out screen. After 10 minutes of "loading", there was a system error.

THEN when Friday 14th tickets went on sale, IMMEDIATELY when they went on sale, I smoothly and quickly entered 2 GA and the code, and was shut out in under a minute. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT POSSIBLE?? Not even a 15 minute wait to tell me I'm screwed???

anyone who had tickets, entered their cc info, and then had it crap out on them, give ticketmaster a call. happened to me this morning. first i checked my account but they weren't there, then i called tm and they had them in the system and i got them after all. call customer service to be sure.

You really want to be even more pissed..
Go look at ebay..Nothing but OCT tix already on sale..
INSANE!!!!:huh:

TM SUCKS. I couldn't get ANY tickets on their websites and we were on 3 different computers ....not even via telephone....

so i just went to another website and got 6 GA's....okay, they were $250 a pop, but still..at least its not the $190 nosebleeds TM offered to us 2 hours after they went on sale

I had an error message had section 308 and lost them - said it didn't go through - so went back in got bad seats for 10/10 and 10/11 but went for 10/14 and got lower but across from the stage (hope the stage extends pretty far) - What are you going to do? At the mercy of TICKETMASTER! I'm in the building spend $650.00 on tickets this morning - just kept trying - I'll have to hide that charge bill from the hubby!

I dont get why U2 doesnt tour longer like the Stones...I mean they are one of the biggest bands in the world and they act like they are some poor garage band starting out and cant afford to put on a longer tour...hmm how many people bought 350 U2 iPods? OK sorry people off topic but Im just ripped as is 70% of U2 fans.
Peace [/B]

A) Because they dont want to

B) They arent the Rolling Stones

bridonohue said:
anyone who had tickets, entered their cc info, and then had it crap out on them, give ticketmaster a call. happened to me this morning. first i checked my account but they weren't there, then i called tm and they had them in the system and i got them after all. call customer service to be sure.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS TRUE (and thanks for the advice)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called and my transaction (that had crapped out with an error) DID go through and I am getting tickets.

phew...

If you call get a confirmation number because apparently if the error happened during the CC transaction you probably got the tickets.

Jeeezzzzz......

same happened to me during the last sale .

BUT .... i got an error message on Saturday for Philly tickets. Assumed they went through. Called my CC company and Ticketmaster but they didn't. UGGGG. Lost some great lower levels. But at least my GA's from the first sale went through. Ticketmaster is HORRIBLE. Toying with customers by giving them error messages is ridiculous. If you broke up this monopoly I guarantee you there wouldn't be any error messages and there wouldn't be any scalpers. I hope I get elected to the Senate someday :yes: and I'll bust them up myself!!

reading your last post made my day ouizy.
congratulations.

as for me, I got on at 9:00 am for the 10/7 show. tried another one and was denied. When they added the new date, I went through the second they went on sale. NOTHING.

When they added the next date, I went through again right away and FINALLY got a ticket. But it was only one (was looking for two all day) and it was behind the stage.

:mad:

THANKS.

In my opinion, there really needs to be federal regulation against ticketmaster.

I have always thought this - even before today's debacle.

How is it possible that only one company can offer tickets, and then every other option is called after-market or scalped.

It is absurd.

TM

I remember during the last tour, a friend of mine told me that he knows (from someone who works at TM) that Ticketmaster employees buy tickets for ticket brokers right before tickets for any big show go on sale. All they need is a different credit card and address for each transaction, and they can get the max ticket amount. That's what should be looked into.

Back
Top Bottom