MERGED->Dashboard Confessional / to open in September!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I. HATE. EMO.

I've never even heard a Dashboard Confessional song before, but I know I'm going to hate it.

Damn you Ottawa and Montreal!

GibsonGirl said:
I. HATE. EMO.

I've never even heard a Dashboard Confessional song before, but I know I'm going to hate it.

Damn you Ottawa and Montreal!

I'm pulling for the Kanye West rumors to be true...hopefully here on the West Coast somewhere...

But I second (or by now eighteenth) the motion against Dashboard Confessional. They have, quite possibly, one of the worst singers around. Top that with the horrible lyrics, bad music...

My apologies to those who have to see them.

Re: Dashboard Confessional

Shawn Bonneau said:
Very awesome music here. This will be a treat to hear this time around.

SMB

I disagree entirely. I dislike every band that has opened, except for KOL and the Killers. I especially dislike the likes of Dashboard and Keane.

I don't think either band fits with U2's theme. Granted Dashboard is closer than Keane in almost every respect, but still miles away.

KOL has that punk/grunge-like sound that U2 had when they were first starting, and the Killers are that kind of glamour-rock that the band devloped during their ZOO-Pop era.

Dashboard is just too damn depressing to listen to. Imagine listening to lyrics like "I slit my wrists over and over, yadda yadda, your smell is still on my shirt, so I slit my wrists again and hope I bleed to death in your arms!" then having to listen to something as beautiful as City when U2 comes on.

Back
Top Bottom