MERGED--> chigago DVD details.... + DVD Cover + Frickin' Wicked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
party girl maybe put on the dvd as an easter egg if you know what i mean

I hope they have footage of my sister passing out on the front ellipse railing during ABOY. Will make for quite the pleasant holiday :)

Blue Room said:

That was the reason. But how did they pick which songs would get cut? I think its a factor. Like I said, not the only one, but its something that gets considered with the final cut.

Well there's also the "which songs sounded the worst" thing... I think MW and Pride were probably at their worst during the Elevation tour, particularly MW.

And if another song had to go...I could probably make a case for every song in the set to stay in *except* One. To me it makes sense it was cut.

23 songs? So the setlist will be this?

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)
3. Elevation
4. The Cry
5. The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet)
6. An Cat Dubh
7. Into The Heart
8. Beautiful Day
9. New Year's Day
10. Miracle Drug
11. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
12. Love And Peace Or Else
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday
14. Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
15. Running To Stand Still
16. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
17. Where The Streets Have No Name
18. One

encore(s):
19. Zoo Station
20. The Fly
21. Mysterious Ways
22. Yahweh
23. 40

EDIT: just read the list on u2tour.de

Last edited:
tommycharles said:

Well there's also the "which songs sounded the worst" thing... I think MW and Pride were probably at their worst during the Elevation tour, particularly MW.

And if another song had to go...I could probably make a case for every song in the set to stay in *except* One. To me it makes sense it was cut.

Oh for sure. Like I said before, its not the only factor. Just one that gets considered when doing the final cut. I can say for sure Party Girl from night 2 in Chicago will never be on there. :laugh:

I'm gonna complain if Party Girl will not be somewhere on that DVD.....:grumpy:

:)wink:)

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
I hope they have footage of my sister passing out on the front ellipse railing during ABOY. Will make for quite the pleasant holiday :)

OMG...:shocked: Are U kidding?:confused:

I remember when the Elevation Boston Dvd drove people nuts with the eastereggs. Anyone remember the second dvd? Additional tracks menu? I remember clicking all over my computer and dvd player with the blip sound, thinking it was a easteregg to get the Toronto performance but it was a error.:sad:

Carmelu2fan said:

OMG...:shocked: Are U kidding?:confused:

The whole time, I was watching the band . . . not really paying attention to her. And I'm thinking, "Hmm, I guess she's really not that into All Because of You . . ."

Blue Room said:
I can say for sure Party Girl from night 2 in Chicago will never be on there. :laugh:

ouch.

ok, you try to play that song in front of 20,000 people when you can't hear yourself and have only been playing guitar for a year and a half. geez.

i didn't think it was that bad :sexywink:

Stories for Boys said:

ouch.

ok, you try to play that song in front of 20,000 people when you can't hear yourself and have only been playing guitar for a year and a half. geez.

You were amazing :hug: That night was one of the highlights of the tour!

Stories for Boys said:

ouch.

I can vouch for the fact that you cannot hear ANYTHING while you're up there, so the fact that anyone can play up there without an inner ear monitor is totally impressive! And then add to that the fact that Laura's been only playing for such a short time?

:combust:

:bow:

Laura i really hope you are on the DVD :), and i am sure that you will be in some form, i have all my fingers crossed for you

thanks guys.

i'm just messing with you all...i mean, i know my performance wasn't edge-like and certainly wasn't perfect, but nothing will ruin those days for me...not even if everyone in the world thinks i stink at guitar.

as for the dvd, i guess we'll all just have to wait and see...

:)

I really like the setlist since it includes my personal favorite U2 song, Pride, and also Zoo Station. I also like the fact that it is the COBL intro.

I think what U2 wants to achieve in these dvd's is to give people a good idea what a normal show at that time was like. If you go back and look through the setlists, the dvd setlist is a pretty good consensus of what the setlists were on leg 1. People will complain that this song or that song is not on it, but I'm pretty pleased with the songs they've chosen.

Would I definately prefer a 3rd leg show dvd with Discotheque performed? Yes, but I will cherish the 1st and 2nd leg dvd's regardless. :)

Besides, if it is anything like the Elevation Boston dvd, the Chicago-Vertigo dvd will look and sound terrific. It's a good thing the Boston show is a dvd because if it was VHS I'd have already worn it out three times over. ;)

Blue Room said:

Oh for sure. Like I said before, its not the only factor. Just one that gets considered when doing the final cut. I can say for sure Party Girl from night 2 in Chicago will never be on there. :laugh:

You may be right, sadly. But I hold on to my point: Having Laura on the DVD would be a million times more exciting and funny than having yet another clean and smooth version of WOWY, Pride, NYD or MW :yawn:

Has anyone heard of any timetable for DVD realeases of Blood Red Sky, Sidney or the Popmart show? How about a expanded version of Rattle & Hum or Blood Red Sky?

Here's the official "One Sheet" from the label... it's all I got for now
DVD1-sheet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom