MERGED-->Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?+Ticketmaster email

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?

I just got an email from Ticketmaster (or so it says) regarding the presale. Anyone else get one?

Damn, too good to be true? Wanted to make sure it wasn't a scam. Who knows, maybe it will be!

If it is for real and works, those idiots who demanded a refund will feel dumb.

cmb737 said:
Damn, too good to be true? Wanted to make sure it wasn't a scam. Who knows, maybe it will be!

If it is for real and works, those idiots who demanded a refund will feel dumb.

Welll, if this works, then I'll feel dumb for securing a relatively skunky ticket on the presale...

Ticketmaster email

Hmmm, maybe something good will come of this!

Dear Valued Customer:
Response to U2's Fan Club pre-sale has been phenomenal. U2, U2.com, Clear Channel and Ticketmaster are cooperating to do everything possible to help fans who had difficulty trying to purchase during the presale.

Our records indicate that you tried unsuccessfully to use your unique code to obtain tickets during our recent pre-sale for U2.com subscribers.

If you were unable to complete your fan club pre-sale ticket transaction and are still interested in attending the event, please e-mail us the following information before Tuesday, February 1, 2005. While we cannot guarantee availability of tickets, we will do our best to accommodate legitimate requests in response to this e-mail on a first come first serve basis.

REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Your U2.com Passcode
- The best phone number to contact you
- The venue and date you were trying to attend
We will have a representative contact you in the next 48 hrs.
Important notes:
- Your reply e-mail must come from the e-mail address we sent this mail to.
- Please be certain to have your U2.com subscriber code in hand so that we can verify your subscription.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you,
Ticketmaster

I just saw a thread on Zootopia regarding this email from Ticketmaster. Are they really asking for your unused presale code? Sounds fishy to me if they are...

I had fucking GAs pulled for Philly 5/14 before Ticketmaster fucked up my transaction by charging me three times and then voiding all three transactions. I just hope I can get something for that night.

I am thinking that all the reclaimed tickets from ETS and a portion of the tickets from the rollover dates were not sold to the public and instead will be offered to u2.com members.

That would explain limited GA and lower 100 level seats in the general sale.

bonosleftone said:
I had fucking GAs pulled for Philly 5/14 before Ticketmaster fucked up my transaction by charging me three times and then voiding all three transactions. I just hope I can get something for that night.

I experienced the same at Staples Center...I demand remuneration for pain, suffering and throw on some punitive damages for the BS we all...:mad:

Well, one thing is for sure. It seems that u2.com is trying to make things right.

It must have taken a certain amount of work since Tuesday to cross reference all of this information in order to track down the people who tried and were unsuccessful in using their codes.

I will be extremely happy if this works out for people.

I think it just goes to show that some people on here won't be happy until U2 comes over and bakes them cookies. Cookies with $40.00 in them.

What if we don't get that e-mail? I tried to buy tix during the pre-sale and was unsuccesful like most of us. I even had GAs for Chicago at some point and lost them during the confirmation process. But I haven't got an e-mail yet. Would it be possible for any of you who got it to send me the e-mail address so I can write them? (you can PM if you want).

Thanks.

Re: Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?

cmb737 said:
I just got an email from Ticketmaster (or so it says) regarding the presale. Anyone else get one?

Hey, I did not use my code and did not get anything in the pre-sale (I just bought two tickets during the general sale yesterday...).

Am I missing something here? Is this e-mail directed towards everyone that DID NOT get tickets during the pre-sale? Or are they also leaving out people who got tix in the general sale as well?

I hope that I can use my code for something during this leg... anyone knows if I should be expecting anything?

Re: Ticketmaster email

bonosleftone said:
Hmmm, maybe something good will come of this!

Dear Valued Customer:
Response to U2's Fan Club pre-sale has been phenomenal. U2, U2.com, Clear Channel and Ticketmaster are cooperating to do everything possible to help fans who had difficulty trying to purchase during the presale.

Our records indicate that you tried unsuccessfully to use your unique code to obtain tickets during our recent pre-sale for U2.com subscribers.

If you were unable to complete your fan club pre-sale ticket transaction and are still interested in attending the event, please e-mail us the following information before Tuesday, February 1, 2005. While we cannot guarantee availability of tickets, we will do our best to accommodate legitimate requests in response to this e-mail on a first come first serve basis.

REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Your U2.com Passcode
- The best phone number to contact you
- The venue and date you were trying to attend
We will have a representative contact you in the next 48 hrs.
Important notes:
- Your reply e-mail must come from the e-mail address we sent this mail to.
- Please be certain to have your U2.com subscriber code in hand so that we can verify your subscription.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you,
Ticketmaster

What about those of us who are left without tix after the pre-sale and general sale, who did not receive this email? Any suggestions.

HJ

I think this email is for people who had problems with the code, and let TM know about it. If you didn't use the code, or didn't contact them about a problem, you won't get an email.

Agreed....email ticketmaster and u2.com.

I don't think that those who didn't try and use the code will get the email. They probably assume that you are saving it for future legs, presales, or to sell to little children in exchange for puppets.

U2ITNOL said:
I just saw a thread on Zootopia regarding this email from Ticketmaster. Are they really asking for your unused presale code? Sounds fishy to me if they are...

Yeah, I saw the thread on Zootopia just now, although it seems almost everyone there thinks its a scam.

I just find it hard to believe that it would be a scam. The scam artist would 1) have to know you were a subscriber to u2.com 2) know that you participated in the presale and 3) know that you were unsucessful.

What is there to gain exactly? It's not like you're sending any CC information in the email.

Last edited:
I forwarded it to Matt at @u2.com and he traced the IP address back to TM. Seems legit.

I took a chance and sent it back with code. Seems worth a shot. $20 dollar gamble, all or nothing.

Back
Top Bottom