MERGED-->Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?+Ticketmaster email

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont know if I am supposed to post in public the email that I used. But I will send it through email. My email is in my sig.

DOh ! I finally got an email from Ticketmaster in response to my email to them yesterday and as I opened it up with reserved excitement, I see that it is just a generic response saying that sometimes there are site problems with too many users and that tickets are no longer available for this event ! I didn't get THE email ! shoot !

U2SavesTheWorld said:

'twas confusing, thats for sure.

This has seriously been my face all day: :huh:

Minus the blue, of course.

Just out of curiosity. How long ago did you subscribe to U2.com?

Just wondering for how long I have to wait to get a keychain. I subscribed end Nov./begining of December. I don't necessarily need a key chain.

They say it takes 28 days. Mine took 38. And arrived on the day of the presale debacle. This happened to so many people, its like they planned it that way...

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I got my email, my phone call, my GAs to Chicago Saturday night, and two keychains. All today.

WTF?

:huh:
This is my face right now...:madspit: but much more red!:wink: Congratulations!

yep. mine arrived the night before the pre-sale. i thought it was cool. then, when the ticket disaster struck, i thought it was a $40 piece of crap.:mad:

adamgirl said:

Just out of curiosity. How long ago did you subscribe to U2.com?

Just wondering for how long I have to wait to get a keychain. I subscribed end Nov./begining of December. I don't necessarily need a key chain.

I was one of the 1100 people that managed to sign up and pay in that 12 hour window of time when u2.com wasn't supposed to be up yet.

I hadn't gotten my Prop code yet so I paid the $40. I never got the confirmation with my password, etc. but they charged my account. :mad:

So I fought with Fanfire for two weeks (in the meantime, of course, U2.com wasn't up because they opened it too early) and the same day that they refunded my money I got my Prop card thing in the mail. So, I signed back up for the $20.

Too much information. The answer to your question is that I signed up the day it came online. But, I wasn't supposed to.

Again......... :huh:

Such is my life.

I did get the propaganda letter and discount card and signed up with that for the $20. It did come up as pending on my account and disappeared a day or two latet and my account never did get charged. I don't think I ever did get a confirmation email with my order number. I've been on the phone with fan fire and they have difficulties finding my membership. I'm not sure it really ever did get straightened out.

I do have full access and privileges to U2.com though and did get a presale code and got GA tickets in Chicago after ticketmaster fouled up my pre-sale order. So I don't think I'm really in a position to complain too much. Especially after getting seats in the VIP/reserved section right across from Bono when he was in Iowa City with Ashley Judd for Data a couple years ago by sheer luck.

Well, I've now received a 2nd email from Ticketmaster saying sorry for your inconvenience, no more tickets.

Here they are:

"Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with our website.

Often, these problems are related to the number of users on the web site, problems with an Internet Service Provider or a specific problem with the way your browser is configured to recognize data.

Please be advised currently, there are no seats remaining for this event, however, from time to time, a limited number of seats may be released back into the system for various reasons. We recommend that you check the site often, particularly as the event date nears, to see if extra tickets become available.

If you have any further questions, please reply and include all previous correspondence.

Sincerely,
Gary (Customer Support)"

Then an hour or so later I received this email :

"Thank you for your email. Ticketmaster regrets any inconvenience you may have experienced in connection with your recent ticketing experience, and thanks you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

As a service oriented company, the satisfaction of our customers is always our utmost concern. Ticketmaster regrets that an issue may have negatively impacted our valued customers, and would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience created by this situation. Your feedback will be provided to the proper group responsible for your inquiry.

Regretfully, we are unable to reserve the tickets for you. To purchase tickets, please log back onto www.ticketmaster.com or contact your local Charge-by-Phone number. You can find your local number at:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/customer_serve.html

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience created by this situation. If you have any further questions, please reply and include all previous correspondence.

Sincerely,
Vivian (Customer Support)"

Why is this happening to me ?!! Anyone receive any emails like this instead of the other emails asking for your password and contact info ?

HELP!!

I heard about this email from TM early this morning.. saw the story on @U2.com and just now seeing this thread.

I also know a friend that said he got it too, but as of the end of work today, I had not heard from him if to whether anyone called.

I emailed TM this morning about it, just just a generic email back that they received my email yada yada. I have heard NOTHING.

when I saw the news story on U2.com tonite, I lost faith.

now seeing this thread has regained some hope that maybe not all is lost. I really dont understand how they can track this, but if they can.. then they SURELY will have my botched code on file, b/c I was trying to buy GA for every freakin show on the tour! each timezone and got nothing.

it sounds to me like there are others here that didn't get an email either.. but I'm encouraged that some of you have. If anyone can shed more light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

btw: I have all of the luck, I never got my Propaganda code so I never got $20 discount, but then a couple of weeks ago saw a post here about another email to try, which WORKED (at least someone replied) but he/she told me that I would have a $20 credit last week.. which has NOT showed up on my credit card yet.

then, I STILL don't have a keychain either.

I mean, I've NEVER gotten anything from U2.com but a bunch of freakin' headaches. So they OWE ME A FREAKIN GA TICKET!!

dammit!

:)

keep this thread going, I need some good news.

TM

yes, I got this generic email back when I emailed them this morning about this whole deal.

I also gave them my phone number in the email

I have heard nothing so far:

----------
Thank you for contacting us with questions regarding finding event or venue information. This is an automated response, which was based on selections you made on our web form when sending your inquiry.

A customer support representative will review your email shortly. If we discover that a further response or action is necessary, we will contact you within the next 48 hours. Meanwhile, we have included the answers to common event and venue related questions.

Event and venue information can be found on our website at http://www.ticketmaster.com. This is the very same information that is available to our telephone and e-mail representatives. Simply enter your performer or venue search into the search box at the top of the screen and click search. Then, make the appropriate selection from the search results.

If you are unable to find the event or venue that you're looking for using this feature, it is most likely for one of the following two reasons:

- Ticketmaster isn't providing ticketing services for the event or venue that you requested.

- Ticketmaster hasn't received enough confirmed information from the promoters of the event to have the event listed. (It is fairly common for events to be announced in the media before we've received enough information to post the event.) In these cases, check back to http://www.ticketmaster.com at a later date.

If your event has been canceled or postponed, the latest and greatest information will be posted on the event information page on www.ticketmaster.com. Simply search for your event, and any information that is available will be posted.

We hope that you have found this information helpful and we truly appreciate the opportunity to have served you.

Sincerley,

Ticketmaster.com Customer Support

I e-mailed U2.com with my complaint after the tickets I tried to purchase were given away due to an internal system error. I never wrote Ticketmaster directly. Evidently U2.com put TM in touch with me, because I got an e-mail from TM last night specifically saying they would contact me in 48 hours, but they weren't promising they could actually get me tickets. I sent the required reply, then got a call from TM today. They offered me two GAs to the show of my choice. Well, you guys might want to beat me up when I say this, but I told them I would have to think about it, because my girlfriend was adamant that she wanted reserved seats, not GA. So - get this - they agreed to call back in an hour so I could contact her first. Well, she still didn't want to go, but she left it up to me. So, TM called back, and I bought the tickets. So, I've now got two GA tix for the Saturday show in Chicago. In all, I'd say U2.com and TM did their best to make amends for a crappy situation.

-Edit-

A couple other things: I just checked my ticket order on the TM website, and it is there, so this is definitely not a scam. I've also read that some people might have missed the e-mail due to spam filters. I have MSN, and the TM e-mail was actually in my junk folder. I was just lucky enough to see it in time to respond. For those who have MSN, all e-mail filtered as junk should go into the junk folder. To my knowledge, MSN never deletes any mail without your prior consent. To check your filteres, click "Help & Settings," select "Settings," then, in the top ten list, select "Choose the strength of your junk e-mail filter." You can turn off all filters there, if you want. But just keep checking you junk folder.

Last edited:
Miss You Sugar said:
In all, I'd say U2.com and TM did their best to make amends for a crappy situation.

Not in my case...I'm still waiting for them to contact me. So far they've done shit :mad:

Re: TM

Grindstone said:
yes, I got this generic email back when I emailed them this morning about this whole deal.

I also gave them my phone number in the email

I have heard nothing so far:

----------
Thank you for contacting us with questions regarding finding event or venue information. This is an automated response, which was based on selections you made on our web form when sending your inquiry.

A customer support representative will review your email shortly. If we discover that a further response or action is necessary, we will contact you within the next 48 hours. Meanwhile, we have included the answers to common event and venue related questions.

Event and venue information can be found on our website at http://www.ticketmaster.com. This is the very same information that is available to our telephone and e-mail representatives. Simply enter your performer or venue search into the search box at the top of the screen and click search. Then, make the appropriate selection from the search results.

If you are unable to find the event or venue that you're looking for using this feature, it is most likely for one of the following two reasons:

- Ticketmaster isn't providing ticketing services for the event or venue that you requested.

- Ticketmaster hasn't received enough confirmed information from the promoters of the event to have the event listed. (It is fairly common for events to be announced in the media before we've received enough information to post the event.) In these cases, check back to http://www.ticketmaster.com at a later date.

If your event has been canceled or postponed, the latest and greatest information will be posted on the event information page on www.ticketmaster.com. Simply search for your event, and any information that is available will be posted.

We hope that you have found this information helpful and we truly appreciate the opportunity to have served you.

Sincerley,

Ticketmaster.com Customer Support

I got this email as well. Why arn't I getting the other one?
To the people who were able to purchase GA's after ticketaster contacted them, what exactly did you say in the first emnail you sent them?

one4u2 said:

Not in my case...I'm still waiting for them to contact me. So far they've done shit :mad:

I'm sorry to hear that, man. I know this whole situation sucks. I was totally burnt until I heard from them. Have you even gotten an e-mail from TM yet? How have you been in touch with either them or U2.com?

Miss You Sugar said:

I'm sorry to hear that, man. I know this whole situation sucks. I was totally burnt until I heard from them. Have you even gotten an e-mail from TM yet? How have you been in touch with either them or U2.com?

I just got the generic email from ticketbastard saying how no tickets are available :blahblah: :blahblah: but after seeing your post I emailed U2.com but I won't hold my breath! I have been seeing this band forever and I've never seen anything quite like this I've never had a problem getting tickets! I sware it was easier meeting Bono 3x than this bullshit and that took effort!

Re: Re: TM

Nesskelz17@aol. said:

I got this email as well. Why arn't I getting the other one?
To the people who were able to purchase GA's after ticketaster contacted them, what exactly did you say in the first emnail you sent them?

I did not contact TM directly at first. I wrote U2.com and told them that I had tickets ready to purchase during the pre-sale, submitted my payment information (and that my cc balance was sufficient to cover the sale), but that I got an internal system error message and my tickets were put back into the pre-sale selection. I then informed them that when I tried to get back into the pre-sale, my access code was no longer valid. It became valid maybe 12 hours later, but by that time all that were left were nosebleeds, so I passed. I just asked that they ensure I would be able to participate in another pre-sale when they announce the next leg. I did not ask them to help me with the current round of shows, because I figured all concerts were either sold out or only had crappy seats left.

Evidently it was U2.com that put TM in touch with me, since I never contacted TM myself. Here's the e-mail I received from TM last night:

Dear Valued Customer:
Response to U2's Fan Club pre-sale has been phenomenal. U2, U2.com, Clear Channel and Ticketmaster are cooperating to do everything possible to help fans who had difficulty trying to purchase during the presale.

Our records indicate that you tried unsuccessfully to use your unique code to obtain tickets during our recent pre-sale for U2.com subscribers.

If you were unable to complete your fan club pre-sale ticket transaction and are still interested in attending the event, please e-mail us the following information before Tuesday, February 1, 2005. While we cannot guarantee availability of tickets, we will do our best to accommodate legitimate requests in response to this e-mail on a first come first serve basis.

REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Your U2.com Passcode
- The best phone number to contact you
- The venue and date you were trying to attend
We will have a representative contact you in the next 48 hrs.
Important notes:
- Your reply e-mail must come from the e-mail address we sent this mail to.
- Please be certain to have your U2.com subscriber code in hand so that we can verify your subscription.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you,
Ticketmaster

For those of you who are saying you have yet to hear back from TM, or have yet to get anything other than an automated response, did you contact TM directly, or go through U2.com? It sounds to me like U2.com was the way to go for complaining. It worked in my case, at least.

I contacted both u2.com and ticketmaster saying that there was an error message everytime I put my password in.

If this doesnt work out for me, i'm going to be really mad.

Back
Top Bottom