MERGED--> All Brussels Rehearsals Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bathiu said:

It's diferent than in your sig... look at Edge and Adam...

:huh: ...but what does it mean....?

Now all we need are some missiles and tanks and you have the annual communist celebration at the red square..GO U2!!!!!:drool:

two shots said:
they still ought ot do a run through with full lights on for the crew to check it all out.

But maybe they keep a couple of things up their sleeves, because they know we are all kind of listening?

I'm sure they'll do that tonight. And they play the same ole songs (Vertigo, Elevation etc) just to get warmed up, see how they sound or feel in the stadium enviroment. When your playing tunes yourself, especially the songs you wrote, you dont' get sick of playing them. :wink:

From u2.com:

Contrary to reports 'Electrical Storm' is not on the playlist. It was being aired yesterday - but only through the PA system!

kellyahern said:
it's funny though that the report we got yesterday said something like "Electrical Storm - not played very well" or something like that :lol:

That's exactly what I thought. I guess some people think the studio version sounds like shit.

ramblin rose said:
From u2.com:

Contrary to reports 'Electrical Storm' is not on the playlist. It was being aired yesterday - but only through the PA system!

umm, excuse me, but WHY is *u2.com* telling us this? does that put the chances of ever hearing it again at zero? why would u2.com make the effort to correct stupid setlist rehearsal rumors?

im so confused...

VertigoGal said:

umm, excuse me, but WHY is *u2.com* telling us this? does that put the chances of ever hearing it again at zero? why would u2.com make the effort to correct stupid setlist rehearsal rumors?

im so confused...

I think it increases the chances of hearing it. Why else play it through the PA, but for lighting and video purposes?

I bet you Willie was using the track to give himself an idea of how it would work live.

As we can understand, not all of the set is being rehearsed, so Willie has to find another way to test the visuals.

Also, they could be denying it was played to make it more of a suprise debut.

We will hear Electrical Storm on this tour, and I think tomorrow.

VertigoGal said:

im so confused...

It's definately weird. Of all things to focus on. Who knows.:shrug:

Last edited:
they also said I Will Follow was rehearsed, and that wasnt on our setlist

I spent much of the day on video content. The screen was due to be finished tonight, so we can at last look through everything we have and start to place and programme it all. Lighting charges ahead too, though I did notice that we have moved a large rack of lighting instruments to a new location which completely blocks the place where our fourth camera was due to be positioned. Back to the drawing board there, I guess...'(Subscribers log in for the complete low-down backstage from Willie.)

OK... any "subscribers" that would be kind enough to post the full story?:bow:

:hyper:
Until the End of the World as a main part of the setlist? :yay:

and I had no idea that Golden Earring was dutch. Radar Love gets a lot of play on the southern rock stations here so I just assumed...

ok...I just don't understand why U2.com would be reporting on what was played at rehearsals. The way I see it, it's us nosy fans against the secretive U2, and U2.com is on their side, yknow?:wink:

I'd love to hear Electrical Storm though.:drool: I've always loved this song (yes even the William Orbit mix! :ohmy: )

VertigoGal said:
ok...I just don't understand why U2.com would be reporting on what was played at rehearsals. The way I see it, it's us nosy fans against the secretive U2, and U2.com is on their side, yknow?:wink:

I'd love to hear Electrical Storm though.:drool: I've always loved this song (yes even the William Orbit mix! :ohmy: )

It's in the top 5 of songs they've done since Zooropa.
Bring it on. I need to hear that song!

VertigoGal said:

Ah, would love to hear it live. I actually like the Orbit Mix better than the original. :)

VertigoGal said:

The William Orbit mix is easily the most superior.

Both U2eastlink.com and U2achtung.com have reported that Electrical Storm was rehearsed. Full band, today. A guy from the Eastlink board even heard Storm over the phone. He said it sounded excellent.

God Part III said:

It's in the top 5 of songs they've done since Zooropa.
Bring it on. I need to hear that song!
relax. it looks like there just running through the beggining of the show, pop and zooropa songs are going to have effects to them, where the ones they are reharsing now have miinimal lighting

Somebody is trying to mess with our heads...
I'm more apt to believe the fans outside the arena than the website for some reason :hmm:

djerdap said:
Both U2eastlink.com and U2achtung.com have reported that Electrical Storm was rehearsed. Full band, today. A guy from the Eastlink board even heard Storm over the phone. He said it sounded excellent.

Ha, this is so funny. Was too excellent??

Maybe u2.com is on a misinformation campaign to keep the fans guessing, maybe U2 doesn't want to get anyone's hopes up.

Ah the mystery should be solved by tomorrow. How many hours until the show starts.:hyper: :hyper: :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom