MERGED: About 30+ fans camping out! +No GA lottery + lottery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for the people who are like "well how do you know those 30 people who camped out read interference or @u2.com...

if the person is a nuts enough fan to camp outside an arena in the middle of san diego 24 hours before the concert... i believe it's a pretty safe bet that they've been to a few u2 fan sites in their time.

I won't say that every person going to the San Diego show reads interference, but every single person I met yesterday reads either interference or Zootopia. Everyone is aware of everything that is going on.

The casual fans will show up tonight, they will not be mulling around the arena since yesterday.:huh:

:hmm: Interesting, I wonder where @u2 got their bogus info. I had also heard through the grapevine that they would be using a lottery for GA this time out. :shrug: Changed their minds I guess.

Oh, and this is just the beginning. The GA lines are already out of control and its only going to get worse. Good luck for those of you trying to get into the oval. You will need to be there a full day in advance to have a shot the way its starting.

What was the point to the pre-sale for with all the GA's if they were going to be having a lottery? I can't understand that. With the lottery any one can get into the heart not only the die-hard fans.

Oy.. what a headache..

It's 8 here.. leaving right now. be there in about an hour.

I'm sure there are probably about 300 or 400 people down there by now..

Kinda sad that people had to line up this early and start such a panic. I guess i'll be towards the back/middle then, and not in the oval. But hey, whatever. First GA show for U2, and i'm psyched as all hell just being at opening night! I could be in a nosebleed like my parents and still be happy! :) I'll see you guys there! All problems aside, i'm sure this will be a great night for the fans and U2, finally together again!
~michael/boomcha~sm

Honestly, I won't be confident of what is going to happen until later. It's not even 9AM here. Who knows what will happen when the venue personnel arrive. Maybe the security guy is totally uninformed, or maybe he's not.

With everything that's happened I'll wait until the doors open tonight to evaluate the 1st GA line of the tour.

youtwohearts said:
What was the point to the pre-sale for with all the GA's if they were going to be having a lottery? I can't understand that. With the lottery any one can get into the heart not only the die-hard fans.

???? THe pre sale was for tickets period. They tried to have more GAs available for the 3rd leg as the band knew these were the most popular. Thats it. I guess people seem to now forget that it was a chore just getting A ticket for this tour. You could argue that mostly the diehards are the ones going for the GAs to begin with. This "deserving", "true fan", "die hard" crap being put up by alot of people needs to stop.

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:
Honestly, I won't be confident of what is going to happen until later. It's not even 9AM here. Who knows what will happen when the venue personnel arrive. Maybe the security guy is totally uninformed, or maybe he's not.

With everything that's happened I'll wait until the doors open tonight to evaluate the 1st GA line of the tour.

I second that

Re: No Ga Lottery

ramblin rose said:
I just spoke Barbara (Ruffian) on the GA line and she told me that security confirmed NO LOTTERY. She said they were very clear and walked up and down the line stating this.

She got there at 6:00AM and is # 190 something.

great to hear news from there. If you speak with her again, let us know!

No lottery = fine by me.

Although, this lining up is really getting to be out of control, I will agree. At this rate we'll be taking 3 days off work per GA show in the fall. :huh:

ok. i wouldnt hang out in the parking lot but remember if you came from out of town for the show ... you might as well hang out with your (very smelly by showtime) u2 friends

it's not like there's a beach or zoo or anything to go to in San Diego

Anyone have photos of the current GA lines?

Its 5:30 PM in the UK - how many more hours til the tour starts?

I am willing to queue up from about 6am for the UK shows but no more than that as it will be a pain taking food and stuff (and stuff to sit down on!)

Man, I couldn't camp out all night. The earliest I've been to a GA line was last tour during the 3rd Los Angeles shows. That was at 6:00 am and it wasn't even 70 people in line and I thought that was insane:ohmy: Nope I plan on going in the morning BUT after 9 or 10:00 am. If I don't get in the egg then that's fine. I'm not stressing this time around. Got great pics and great experiences last time around. (end of rail on Adam's side) So wherever I am that is where I will be!!! Hope everyone gets what they want! (I'm being optimistic here!:D

mo786 said:
Anyone have photos of the current GA lines?

Its 5:30 PM in the UK - how many more hours til the tour starts?

I am willing to queue up from about 6am for the UK shows but no more than that as it will be a pain taking food and stuff (and stuff to sit down on!)

I was wondering the same thing.

Im in the UK as well and about 6am is the earliest time I want to start queuing really. this stage set up looks quite good, We might not need to. Cant wait to read the reviews and see pics from tonight!!! :hyper:

Blue Room said:

???? THe pre sale was for tickets period. They tried to have more GAs available for the 3rd leg as the band knew these were the most popular. Thats it. I guess people seem to now forget that it was a chore just getting A ticket for this tour. You could argue that mostly the diehards are the ones going for the GAs to begin with. This "deserving", "true fan", "die hard" crap being put up by alot of people needs to stop.

yeah when I went to buy tickets after the online fiasco, the guy who weaseled his way in front of us didn't know that the most expensive tickets were the ones farthest back. He said he would rather have superbowl tickets. I was aghast. I'm willing to get there early in the morning, I'm actually releived I thought I would have to sleep there overnight.

Latest information:

This is getting really really complicated now. The line has been separated into 2 lines. Those with presale Ga tickets and those with General sale Ga tickets.

Apparently the tickets have already been associated with a random number. There is only 1 entrance and as your ticket is scanned when you enter you will be told whether or not you are in the oval or not.

They have no idea how it will work for those with or without presale tickets.

The presale line is extremely short the longer line is the non-presale ticket line.

Will post more as I get it.

ramblin rose said:
Latest information:

This is getting really really complicated now. The line has been separated into 2 lines. Those with presale Ga tickets and those with General sale Ga tickets.

Apparently the tickets have already been associated with a random number. There is only 1 entrance and as your ticket is scanned when you enter you will be told whether or not you are in the oval or not.

They have no idea how it will work for those with or without presale tickets.

The presale line is extremely short the longer line is the non-presale ticket line.

Will post more as I get it.

WTF.

This is getting more complicated than need be...

Very interesting.

I did notive that my presale tickets did have a differenct code with "FAN" in it when I got the confirmation from Ticketmaster.

I guess for the addtional shows per city (not part of presale) they will only be one line subjected to lottery.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

WTF.

This is getting more complicated than need be...

U2 is just trying to make Propaganda and U2.com members get into the Oval.

This is cool! They are making good on their promise about giving us the best seats in the house.

This sounds promising to me.

Now if this is the case I have to say that is a great idea. So your ticket could already be an oval ticket and you dont even have to camp out. :up:

Then again, how are they lining those people up. First ones there that had pre sale tickets, or in the order of your ticket number?? Maybe that is where the lottery is to see who gets to go in first from each line?

ChangeTheTemperature said:

I guess for the addtional shows per city (not part of presale) they will only be one line subjected to lottery.

Hmmm. Didn't think of that. My beloved GA ticket, which is on the way from Santa Barbara even as we speak is for the second night. This is so strange. Although, if they are doing what I think they are doing, it could be really cool. Letting all Presale tix in the oval and holding a lottery for the rest.

Back
Top Bottom