Live8 Setlist Party Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am loving this day. We are being overwhelmed by music.:dancing:

I have been jumping from feed to feed like changing channels on tv

Yep... Good Charlote was before....

I'm watching on Norwegian NRK1 TV, so I guess it's the same as the global feed...

timothius said:
I'm just rewatching Sgt Peppers again, 2 random observations...

I haven't seen Bono so happy as when he was singing that second verse.

Edge has the best voice out of the 3 of them hands down.

Even though they said in an interview before the show that they would butcher the song or something I thought that was a great performance! Paul MaCartney's voice was great! He has a very rock n' roll voice! Everybody was great! I loved the little tap on the shoulder Paul gave Adam (bassplayer love!). :up: :up: :up: :up:

timothius said:
I'm just rewatching Sgt Peppers again, 2 random observations...

I haven't seen Bono so happy as when he was singing that second verse.

Edge has the best voice out of the 3 of them hands down.

Haha! I may have to agree with you on Edge....his voice just keeps getting better with edge...err..age. Bono was brilliant as well, and seemed so completely overwhelmed with emotion...wow. Incredible performance, and truly moving.

TheBrazilianFly said:

Even though they said in an interview before the show that they would butcher the song or something I thought that was a great performance! Paul MaCartney's voice was great! He has a very rock n' roll voice! Everybody was great! I loved the little tap on the shoulder Paul gave Adam (bassplayer love!).

They all did a really good job - it sounded great! :up:

unodostres, The Drudge Report has, what is so far a pretty accurate setlist, as far as the artist order for London

adriansr_martin said:
Ok .....WHERE IS THE CROWD?!?

THERE IS NNNOOO ATMOSPHERE!

I think the people are tired from the Vertigo-jumping...:wink: They were the best during U2, but we all know Bono knows how to get them going...

Elton John fans are starting to approach 60 now, so maybe it's too much to ask of them:wink:

I will also just say I found Bono's speech during the intro to one incredibly eloquent and well put together. Often he talks in circles or deals too much with intangibles... but today I really think he got his shit together - as he tends to do for these big occasions.

So in summation I was thrilled with the performance today... the only downside no Vertigo X2 :(

timothius said:
I will also just say I found Bono's speech during the intro to one incredibly eloquent and well put together. Often he talks in circles or deals too much with intangibles... but today I really think he got his shit together - as he tends to do for these big occasions.

So in summation I was thrilled with the performance today... the only downside no Vertigo X2 :(

it just doesnt feel like a U2 show without Vertigo x2 :(

My pleasure. I was glad the list was wrong about U2 only playing one song. But it even knew abotu Little Britain. It was posted last night.

wonder if they will have a live feed from vienna? vertigo maybe? would make the vertigo x 2 thing work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom