If not UTEOTW then what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FUIrish

The Fly
So UTEOTW debuted last night....some people love it some people dont.....to those that don't what would you choose to replace it with (if it continues to appear on the setlist) Old? New?

(for the sake of originality lets say anything other than Acrobat)

my picks.........

Ultraviolet
Crumbs
Like a Song (stretch)
Last Night on Earth
Xanax and Wine

DO SOMETHING NEW! Crumbs, Electrical Storm, bring back HMTMKMKM or Exit or Two Hearts. A full band GBHF, or Stay. Play your best songs: Kite, Gone, Acrobat, Zooropa.

To top it off, they drop Zoo Station to play UTEOTW. U2 playing Zoo was refreshing and new. They should've dropped Pride, or SBS, or BTBS instead.

Last edited:
i like uteotw, but i dont want it to take the place of zoo station

if it took the place of NYD then that would be amazing

but other songs id like to see debuted on this tour:

ultraviolet
last night on earth
please
miami
dirty day
daddys gonna pay
love is blindness
god pt II

and so much more but ill stop there

they are going to debut electrical storm soon enough my friends!!

Chizip said:
they are going to debut electrical storm soon enough my friends!!

i hope. and i hope its not acoustic..but it wont be they way the tour is going...thats one thing i was surprised about..no lull in the rock n roll

Chizip said:
i like uteotw, but i dont want it to take the place of zoo station

if it took the place of NYD then that would be amazing

but other songs id like to see debuted on this tour:

ultraviolet
last night on earth
please
miami
dirty day
daddys gonna pay
love is blindness
god pt II

and so much more but ill stop there

Seems like a plausible list of songs that we may hear eventually... OK, maybe not Crashed Car!

mkdominatr said:

i hope. and i hope its not acoustic..but it wont be they way the tour is going...thats one thing i was surprised about..no lull in the rock n roll

edge said they were working on it and it would be a part of the show by the time the 3rd leg rolled around

one of my friends met the edge before one of the shows in chicago and asked if we'd ever hear electrical storm

and thats the answer he gave

I'd like to see I Will Follow, Even Better Than the Real Thing, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Kite, or Stuck in a Moment rotated in from time to time. I don't begrudge Until the End of the World a spot in any given setlist. I am glad that it hasn't been a regular on this tour though.

My guess for next new song to be played would be "Please" full band. It will be substituted for one of the political songs, I would guess SBS or Bullet. I would welcome this wholeheartedly!

Stuck was rehearsed but they had all kinds of problems playing it for some reason this time so I'm not sure its going to surface. I think Crumbs may appear eventually but I dont think it will be anytime soon. Even Better makes sense in the Zoo TV portion of the show, it could alternate with Mysterious Ways. I dont think they have been working on it but I dont think it would take them long to get it down.

I'll take UTEOTW any day over Electrical Storm. I don't get the hype over that tune. It was a throw-a-way song, should stay that way. Opinions vary, I know, just my 2 cents. It would be cool to see them alternate UTEOTW with Zoo Station and maybe even Ultraviolet. Keep it Achtung....baby.

Back
Top Bottom