For the stage design nerds like me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just came across this page of tours gone by.

Each of these images is one that I had never seen before - especially that of the JT tour in Tempe.

After complaining over and over again about the current tour's production - these images will give an idea as to the extent of the production of the past tours.

I truly hope those of you lucky enough to see the band in Europe will be treated to an over the top experience...

Here is the link:

http://207.218.243.243/u2.htm

ouizy said:
I just came across this page of tours gone by.

Each of these images is one that I had never seen before - especially that of the JT tour in Tempe.

After complaining over and over again about the current tour's production - these images will give an idea as to the extent of the production of the past tours.

I truly hope those of you lucky enough to see the band in Europe will be treated to an over the top experience...

Here is the link:

http://207.218.243.243/u2.htm
you just complain about anything full stop

KUEFC09U2 you SERIOUSLY have got to stop complaining about people complaining... full stop.

I mentioned it to you on the MSG review thread, I'll mention it to you again... The band would probably laugh at most of the complaints, so should you.

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
KUEFC09U2 you SERIOUSLY have got to stop complaining about people complaining... full stop.

I mentioned it to you on the MSG review thread, I'll mention it to you again... The band would probably laugh at most of the complaints, so should you.
why when it brings down my enjoyment of what should be a special time?

Then DON'T read it... Some of those comments annoy the crap out of me too, but I just roll my eyes, laugh and move on... simple enough.

Eh... trying to bring this back to topic...

I loved U2show for all the nerdy behind the scenes tid bits... lots of VERY interesting things there :yes:

Miroslava said:
Eh... trying to bring this back to topic...

I loved U2show for all the nerdy behind the scenes tid bits... lots of VERY interesting things there :yes:

I'm with you. I think the large scale production adds a completely different dimension to U2's music. Makes the overall experience so much more interesting.

U2show is a great book. Extremely interesting. I'm in one of the pictures in the book!!!!!.

In that site, seeing Zoo Tv stage completely naked is something surreal. The stage is really something remarkable in music history. It's so huge, complex and above all... ORIGINAL!

To rastacruz:

If you only go for the music... why don't you stay home listening one of the tour bootlegs? Well, there you go... if you wanted music... there's your music.

OK - enough is enough what the fuck are you talking about. I happened upon an interesting page from the company who built the stages for U2's past tours and thought I might share them here.

When I mentioned the complaining it was for the few of us that are really interested in the production design of the show. Until you see the goddamned show I suggest that you relax a bit and form your own opinion. You are going to see a completely different show anyway - so why don't you take a break from reading our posts if all you want to do is criticize the rest of us.

To be honest - it is people like you that really ruin this community.

Sorry.

I was trying to rip the complainers of this tour's setup. I can't believe that people bitch about the setup when the music should be the important thing.

maybe I need to check out that book that was mentioned earlier. I did read that it rained all the time they were setting up the Joshua Tree stuff in Tempe. that must have been a pain in the ass, especially since they were filming.

squire,
I go to shows because I like to see one of my favorite bands play live. From the Unforgettable Fire to now, the stage setup meant very little to me. I had just as much fun when there was no setups as I did with the big setups, I just had to pay a little more. Plus, they have a better sound system than my wimpy stereo so "sitting at home listening to bootlegs" doesn't do it for me. I really only listen to boots of the shows I was at anyway. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom