ETS - MSG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eimear25

The Fly
Hi everyone

I purchased 2 x nite out including GA tickets for MSG 14 October. I haven’t heard anything from ETS, said I would get a confirmation email but didn’t. They have taken the money from my credit card but basically want to know when they actually contact you??

I’ve heard some horror stories about U2 taking back the tickets from ETS for MSG in May – don’t want this to happen to me!! I have tried to call them, left messages on answer machine but still no word! Should I go ahead and book my flights ??

I did the same and I already booked my flights :wink:. I think they stopped sending out those confirmation emails at some point...all you get is the final confirmation page (I copied and saved that), on that page it doesn't say that one will get a confirmation email at all but that you should bookmark/print the page. I think on this page there's also a link to a page where you can check your order online anytime in the future (this requires you email address for 'safety reasons'). Shortly before the gigs we should receive an email with our voucers. These voucers will be exchanged for the actual tickets at the nite out party venue.

I used ETS as well for London 2 and had no problems with them at all - other than that sometimes it can be hard to get a hold of them :| - you also have to bear in mind time differences when trying to call them.

What happened with ETS GA tickets in the spring was due to the whole 'ticket fiasco', I wouldn't worry about it happening again. (Especially as ETS later had GAs for many of the 1st leg gigs!)

That's cool, I have the confirmation page with my order number so that should be okay - will book my flights so!!

I think after the whole u2.com presale fiasco, ETS had to give back to u2 all their allocation of GA tickets as they were only doing one show in MSG and the demand was high. Not very nice for the people that had pre-booked with ETS! I think they were offered seats but at a higher cost!

Exactly...and you know, I think, ETS had to return the GAs to ticketmaster for the general sale...I doubt U2 themselves would have taken the GAs away from people that are fans (as ETS really tries to make sure that their tickets go to fans and not scalpers - at least they make it a lot harder for them than ticketmaster). U2 kind of have to use ticketmaster (monopol), whereas it's their very own choice to use ETS for travel/party packages.

Call ETS and leave a message. I had the same problem for my GA's for the MSG 10/14 show (no confirmation email). Not less than 2 hours later, I had my confirmation email. BTW, see at the pre-show partay! :wink:

I'll ring again and leave a message this time! Thanks for the replies
See you there, hopefully it will be the Irish Rogue again which is where they had the pre-show party for the gig in May - heard it was a good laugh!

i've just checked my email there and i've got one from ETS saying everything is okay and they'll email me my e-vouchers no later than 2 weeks prior to the gig:yes: :yes:

I'm doing ETS 10/14 also - I remember reading something when I first booked it that we'd get our voucher like a week before the concert via e-mail.

Back
Top Bottom