BOSTON II Setlist Party Part I (Do not post U2.com setlist!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L03VIk

War Child
Unos, Dos, Tres, Catorce!
Can I kick it (off), Yes I can!

New day, new possibilities. Same venue as yesterday, so maybe we'll see some setlist changes. Who knows.

Enjoy the party. I'm going to bed. It's about 0107 here now :(

For those that doesn't pay that much attention:

We are still in the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA, USA, and todays opening act is, as it was yesterday: Keane.

:lol:

I totally forgot this was today. Wow, what's happening to me? Yesterday, I seemed disinterested and today I forgot. :huh:

It's a night 2 so I'm expecting something a little different tonight. I hope I'm right. I'm not usually.

Oh... And I almost forgot!
SuperBono is in da house, ready to rock the party!
superbono.JPG

Enjoy the party. Good night!

I know Axver. I tried asking you a tempting setlist question and got nothing. Shut down! I had to find the info on my own. :grumpy:

U2dork said:
It's a night 2 so I'm expecting something a little different tonight. I hope I'm right. I'm not usually.

Yes, I'm predicting changes, but not major ones. I think the first encore will not stay like this, definitely not for the whole leg but the change may not come now, and I think the song after The Ocean will be different.

L03VIk said:
About yesterday. It says MLK (snippet). Is that possible? It's like a 4-line lyric:wink: :wink:

Actually, I was thinking about that myself. I'd like to hear the performance before I make a change to the set, though. I believe I read a review that said Bono sung the first bit and let the crowd take it away from there, in which case I think snippet is the valid classification.

Well according to Zootopia, the Adam, Edge & Bono did a meet & greet, they got there relatively early, and someone gave Bono the lyrics to the "shine like stars...." ending to WOWY and asked him to do it.

They definately had plenty of time today to do some rehearsing, so maybe Crumbs, Fast Cars or Discoteque will return tonight.

Axver, Do you guys have a setlist source? I'm leaving for the Fleet Center now. I have a blackberry on me - so I'll just need an email address to send to

Axver said:

Actually, I was thinking about that myself. I'd like to hear the performance before I make a change to the set, though. I believe I read a review that said Bono sung the first bit and let the crowd take it away from there, in which case I think snippet is the valid classification.

Yep. Agree...
The bootlegs have been a bit slow this leg though.... (And please don't flame me with 14-day-rule-bullshit etc etc etc :blahblah: etc, it's just that we have been so spoiled on leg 1 & 2 :drool: )

sfu2doc said:
Axver, Do you guys have a setlist source? I'm leaving for the Fleet Center now. I have a blackberry on me - so I'll just need an email address to send to

GIVE THIS GUY YOUR EMAIL!!!!
I'm going to bed very soon, so I wouldn't count on me:no:

Who ever wants to be the setlist contact, please post an email address on this thread in the next 10 minutes. It's 7.18pm Eastern now. I leave at 7.30 for the stadium

I'll give you a second option if you would like. my email is u2dork at yahoo.com. I should be here all night.

sfu2doc said:

I don't know if anyone else has a source or not.

My e-mail is amakaxver[at]gmail.com

Thank you for the kind offer! :)

Why thank ya :wink:
I was thinking of changing it back to the dough boy poke though. Maybe I'll just add that to it.

sfu2doc said:
OK. U2dork and rose win the lottery. I'll send a test email soon and then emails for each song once show begins.

You might want to make email drafts with the most likely songs and then some wildcards that way you don't have to be typing during the show.

Make sure one of your drafts is for Mofo. :wink:

Thanks again.

ramblin rose said:
Well according to Zootopia, the Adam, Edge & Bono did a meet & greet, they got there relatively early, and someone gave Bono the lyrics to the "shine like stars...." ending to WOWY and asked him to do it.

They definately had plenty of time today to do some rehearsing, so maybe Crumbs, Fast Cars or Discoteque will return tonight.

:drool: Shine Like Stars :drool:

I really do think we'll get at least one of those songs today, maybe something new? I mean, it IS Boston after all, they love this city.

U2dork said:
Why thank ya :wink:
I was thinking of changing it back to the dough boy poke though. Maybe I'll just add that to it.

You should keep it.

The transistion between... Tounge -> Sad -> Smile -> Angry -> Rolleyes -> Grin -> Wink -> Shock for some reason had me laughing. :lol:

I'm in a great mood tonight!!

-its a second night show, so the setlist might be mixed around

-the news about U2 getting the full hour on Conan is mind-boggling

-I'll be staying up late, to watch the first ODI of the Super Series from Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom