BOSTON II Setlist Party Part I (Do not post U2.com setlist!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

Would it reflect badly on our country if I said that I vaguely recall being told that as a bedtime story? :hmm: :wink:

:lol: No.

That's such a great story. As is the one of Jonah Lomu trampling ... Mike Catt, I think it was, in the 1995 World Cup semi-final. I'll be telling that one to my kids.

dude the football convversation is 100000x better than the let's post pictures of bono's ass conversation last week.

MCF74 said:
However, it definitely is NOT a sport for pansies. Ask anyone who has played it.

If you need to wear a helmet and padding to play a game that isn't even as physically violent as rugby, then yes, it is a game for pansies.

Rugby players seem to cope just fine in shorts and t-shirt. I don't recall anyone dying or being horrifically injured lately, do you Timo?

(Though I'd consider ANY injury to Dan Carter to be horrific. I hope that boy's leg is healing well.)

Axver said:

:lol: No.

That's such a great story. As is the one of Jonah Lomu trampling ... Mike Catt, I think it was, in the 1995 World Cup semi-final. I'll be telling that one to my kids.

I truly believe that my choice to defy my parents orders and watch that semi-final live was the best decision I have ever made in my life.

tsweeney said:
Here's hoping for a Pop encore tonight.

Now this would be a great Popcore:

Mofo
Gone
Wake Up Dead Man
Last Night On Earth

:drool:

timothius said:

I truly believe that my choice to defy my parents orders and watch that semi-final live was the best decision I have ever made in my life.

I barely even remember the game now. :sad: I need to get a video of it!

But yeah, watching that was a pivotal moment of my childhood.

Swan269 said:

switch the last two and I'm sold

I love the idea of Gone --> Wake Up Dead Man. I prefer UTEOTW --> WUDM, especially thematically, but sonically I can imagine the wailing distortion of Gone fading into the distorted noise of a full band WUDM and it's awesome. :drool:

I'd be all for that Pop closer, but not with LNOE as the closer. I think that would be the worst choice from that list as a closer.

City of Blinding Lights

Rose and I are being emailed from the show by the (very smart) sfU2doc.

Axver said:

If you need to wear a helmet and padding to play a game that isn't even as physically violent as rugby, then yes, it is a game for pansies.

Rugby players seem to cope just fine in shorts and t-shirt. I don't recall anyone dying or being horrifically injured lately, do you Timo?

(Though I'd consider ANY injury to Dan Carter to be horrific. I hope that boy's leg is healing well.)

Axver,

With all due respect (And among posters here you have A LOT of mine), have you ever watched much American football? There is a reason they went to all of the padding and helmets, etc. It didn't start out that way. It's actually a VERY violent sport. Case in point, a wide receiver who graduated from my university, Texas A&M, was playing for his pro team, the Green Bay Packers the other night. He was hit so hard after making a catch, he was lying motionless on the field. It ended up being a concussion, a common occurence in football, but either way, it was serious. Without the padding, he very well could have died. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom