BOSTON II Setlist Party Part I (Do not post U2.com setlist!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kellyahern said:
The Bucs are 4-0

I've finally accepted our Superbowl win. You see, being born and raised in Tampa, the Bucs being terrible was a constant in my life. We were bad, very bad. Creamsicle orange bad. I go off to college, and then we start getting good. And then the Bucs won the Superbowl, which I thought was one of the signs of the apocolypse :wink:.

Then we started being bad again, and I thought, "Finally, things are getting back to normal." But now, the world is getting strange again :shifty:.

Almost as crazy as the Dolphins ahead in the AFC East and the Pats are 1-2

Go Dolphins :rockon:

Well the Jets and the Bears have a history of being good (at some point :wink: )? Joe Namath, the Superbowl shuffle.

The Bucs winning the Superbowl, that was just weird :huh:.

Rose, we had Vinny at one point :shifty:. He had a really rought time here, then went on to do okay in the Jets for awhile didn't he? :scratch:

I never cared about football until I moved away from Wisconsin.
I still don't care, but I root for the Packers ...

... who are 0-4. Le sigh.

:sad:

corianderstem said:

:mad:

There is doubt. Oh yes, there is doubt!

Feh.

:wink:

I rented the first season of Coupling and didn't get past the first few episodes because the characters annoyed me.

I can understand that. Jeff carries the show - it takes a bit of getting into the farcical nature of the characters & plot.

It's overrated in the sense that people are dubbing it "the best show since Seinfeild" etc. It's not. Maybe in America it is, because they have only been exposed to shite like Raymond, Will & Grace and Friends. But there are tens of shows equal to or better than AD since Sienfield closed up.

Don't get me wrong it's a good show, in the top 5% of shows on TV atm :wink:.

kellyahern said:
Well the Jets and the Bears have a history of being good (at some point :wink: )? Joe Namath, the Superbowl shuffle.

The Bucs winning the Superbowl, that was just weird :huh:.

That was in the sixties. :(

kellyahern said:

Are there a lot of injuries in rugby? It seems there's always someone pulling something or straining something in football.

Is it gushing head wounds in rugby? :wink:

Here's a story from Wayne 'Buck' Shelford's second game for the New Zealand All Blacks, against France. Buck was caught in a particularly violent ruck (a type of tackle) that resulted in him not only losing four teeth but also having his scrotum torn open. When he noticed it dangling, he walked off the park to the physio, calmly asked him to stitch it back up, and went back to play for the rest of the game.

If I wasn't in America I'd probably detest football, but I haven't seen Rugby or Cricket ever played, so I'm limited

I'm more of a basketball fan anyways

timothius said:
Maybe in America it is, because they have only been exposed to shite like Raymond, Will & Grace and Friends.

There you go. Ain't that the truth ...

... although I have quite a fondness for Friends. :wink:

Axver said:

Here's a story from Wayne 'Buck' Shelford's second game for the New Zealand All Blacks, against France. Buck was caught in a particularly violent ruck (a type of tackle) that resulted in him not only losing four teeth but also having his scrotum torn open. When he noticed it dangling, he walked off the park to the physio, calmly asked him to stitch it back up, and went back to play for the rest of the game.

:ohmy: Did you say scrotum?

Axver said:

owie :yikes:

FlyYourKite said:
Woha I'm back. :wave: And apparently so is Mrs. Doubtfire in sequel form :lmao:

:faint:

All we need now is the Home Alone trilogy to be completed with a now 25 year old McCauly Caulkin to be completed, and my entire theatrical childhood will have returned. :drool:

We are the Bears shufflin' crew!
Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you!
We ain't here to cause no trouble
We just came to do the Superbowl Shuffle!

: does awful 80s dance :

Axver said:

Would it reflect badly on our country if I said that I vaguely recall being told that as a bedtime story? :hmm: :wink:

:uhoh:

Um, to start my own conversation with myself about something other than sports, I think I'll be listening to the Pop album during tonight's set. I'll let you know if I change my mind and play something else.

I love American football, but I grew up on it. I can see how people from other countries wouldn't be as interested in it. However, it definitely is NOT a sport for pansies. Ask anyone who has played it.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Good God! That's why there's cups!!! :ohmy:

Cups are for wimps.

Or for batsmen in cricket to avoid being hit in the nuts by balls bowled at speeds reaching and exceeding 150km/h.

corianderstem said:
We are the Bears shufflin' crew!
Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you!
We ain't here to cause no trouble
We just came to do the Superbowl Shuffle!

: does awful 80s dance :

supabowlsleevea2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom