Any idea what side stage looks like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdoobiest

Babyface
Have a chance in Boston to get side stage (one section from front of stage). What do you think? Better than rear view or should I try rear view seats. Seems to be good prices on ebay now. Thanks

actually that second picture is from more than one section from the front, but it is a different perspective.

Last edited:
I had side stage at East Rutherford first night. I was on Edge's side and was lucky enough to see practically everything.

^^^
You dorkchop!

U2Bonohop.jpg

This was a picture from the side of the stage, lower level, first section.

Side Stage is great

I was side stage SEC 15 for one of the spring Boston shows & also directly behind stage (1st row) for another. I was much happier being side stage.

IMHO - the best seats are in sections 15 and 20. Well, the best value per ticket price. I'd rather be paying 2 x 95 for SEC 15 or 20 than a zillion dollars for SEC 21. Even the scalping prices for the side sections are a much better deal.

Sound on the side is much better than behind. You have that side stack and it's just much easier to hear exactly what Bono is saying / singing. In the back, the sound is a bit weak and muffled.

In addition, on the side of the stage you get a great look at the light show, floor light rings and side projectors.

Lastly, I don't think behind the stage in SEC 17 or 18 is bad. In fact, I'd rather be there than across the arena and high-up. Heck, behind stage lowers are better than anything directly across IMO. That might be partly influenced by my desire to see the interaction between band members.

Well, good luck. Hope this helps!

Dave

to be serious...

the only problem with the side stage views is that you can't get a good idea as to what's going on with the video curtains.

if that doesn't matter to you, they're more than fine.

i sat side view in new jersey... i had already seen the video screens in action though, so it was no big deal. a friend i took with me hadn't seen the video curtains in action, but he's only a casual u2 fan anyway, so it didn't really matter to him 'cause he didn't know what was being projected on them anyways. he just thought the lights were cool.

Back
Top Bottom