All U2 on Good Morning America Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I've secured a good spot on the 5th floor across the street from GMA in Times Square - now I hope they are there and not Bryant Park!

WOO-HOO! I'm going flying from LA to NYC for the May 21st show-What a great added treat. Its going to be insane! Knowing how they band loves the city, they will give a commanding performance!!!!!!!!!!:edge: :happy: :rockon:

I think last summer their concert in the park series was also at Bryant park and the acts would usually do 2-3 songs that would air on the show and then a couple more off air.

Ill believe this when it happens and is confirmed by somebody else although it is possible.

apparently good morning america is not popular with the interference crowd...

i've had two seperate, unrelated people tell me they saw this announcement on GMA this morning... one in person, one via e-mail. both said that they announced on GMA that u2 would kick off the summer free concert series on friday may 20th in bryant park.

also, someone in this thread claimed a friend also called to tell that person that they saw the announcement.

My aunt left me a note saying that U2 would be playing 5(!) songs on GMA on May 20th.

:hyper:

:hmm: I wonder if I should make the trek to NY...

Can someone just confirm some things about this for an out-of-towner knowing nothing about GMA or free concert series....

this concert would kick off first thing in the morning on 20th in either Bryant Park or Time Sq?

It wouldn't be something that's recorded during the day or evening for broadcast later?

I ask cos I'm due to fly into NY on 20th but not til later in the day. Would love to get to this if it all works out

Thanks

I am totally there.

I am packing my bag as we speak and will be mobile enough that day to go whereever the hell the band is...

these GMA shows are usually in bryant park, which is near the GMA studios, but on occasion they hold them in times square... where ABC also has a large number of studios and offices, including the 20/20 offices and the espnzone.

so who knows... could be in either location.

the first thing i heard was bryant park, so i'm sticking with that location for now.

NEW @U2 GOOD MORNING, VERTIGO TOUR
April 12, 2005
posted by: m2
ABC-TV's "Good Morning America" program will feature an upcoming Vertigo Tour concert as the launch of its summer concert series on May 20th. The program will feature five songs taped during a live show, along with a taped Diane Sawyer interview segment with the band. It's not yet known which Vertigo show will be featured on GMA. (Thx AC and TN)

Someone at work told me she saw someting this morning also --- I don't watch GMA - I guess it will be pretty crazy if they start advertising now ...:huh:

this is the problem with second hand information...

everyone's saying something different... bryant park, times square, central park, taped at a previous vertigo show...

still no official press release from good morning america re: this. so who the hell knows at this point.

isn't there one person who actually watched good morning america today?

I saw the show; all of this info is correct. They did not say where yet though.

i emailed GMA- like they'll actually get back to me... :rolleyes:

i also emailed a friend who works for ABC News. he probably won't know anything, but if he does i'll pass it along. :)

I did have GMA on this morning but saw nothing about this. The only thing I could google is:

USA TODAY...
--U2 won't have to get up early to kick off the summer music segments
for Good Morning America (live, 7 a.m. ET). The ABC morning show will
join the Irish supergroup on its Vertigo tour, then broadcast five
songs May 20. Other acts, which will perform live, include Rascal
Flatts (May 27); Shakira (June 3); Santana (June 10); Ringo Starr (June
17); Jesse McCartney (June 24); Fantasia (July 22); Clay Aiken (July
29); Jessica Simpson (Aug. 5); and Keith Urban (Aug. 12). Avril Lavigne
closes the series Aug. 26.

Back
Top Bottom