Nov. 16, St. Pete Times Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello Tampa! Hippy, is it just you and me going to this concert? I am also going to Miami on the 14th. I would love to have a huge U2 party the day before the concert. Anyone going to the Tampa show, send me a message.

largoedge said:
Hello Tampa! Hippy, is it just you and me going to this concert? I am also going to Miami on the 14th. I would love to have a huge U2 party the day before the concert. Anyone going to the Tampa show, send me a message.

hey largoedge! I actually know of a few other people going to this concert (as well as Miami)

I'm sort of starting up a FL fan mailing list so we can all communicate and get to know each other in the next couple of months!

I would also LOVE LOVE LOVE to party! :D

Send me your email addy if you want to be included on the list hippy@U2email.com

:wave:

Tampa show

Hello Hippy Kim! I hope we get to meet you and any others down there. I posted a few images on your yahoo page from The Last show in Boston. Take care all,
Fred & Teri Hardin
SAV/GA

Mothersuck'nrockn'roll

:wave:

So who wants to be my line buddy?! I'm going to this concert alone and I want to make sure that if I get into the ellipse, someone else can come with me!

I was also hoping to get to hang out with some other Interferencers in the GA line as you all are such cool people! :D

Also, what time are people starting to line up? I'm a GA virgin and I want to make sure I do it right!

:hyper: I'm so excited!

Hello Gabrielvox! Do you mean a cool announcement here on this fourum or a cool announcement about Tampa? We (Fred & Teri)will be there with GA's.
Look forward to meeting you guys!
Be seeing you soon!
Fred

Pre-show party SPONSORED BY ETS TOURS features South Florida's U2 Tribute Act Ultraviolet (UV)!

Pre-show will be at Playwright's Irish Pub 1265 Washington Ave Miami Beach Beach. Sunday Nov 13 & Monday Nov 14th General admission $24.95 includes giveaways & food, $34.95 includes giveaways, food & shuttle to the concert at AA Arena!! Both shows are 4 pm to 7 pm.

Also Ultraviolet will be performing the Pre-show party in Tampa, Wed Nov 16th at MacDinton's Irish Pub 405 S. Howard Ave call for details: 813-251-8999. 4 pm to 7:30 pm

This is the auspicious debut of Ultraviolet, after almost a year in the making and they are bringing in a very special guest performer for these fantastic shows!!

Kim, I just sent an email out to the group. We will be there a few hours before the show at a bar across the street from the Arena with a large outdoor deck and plam trees. I will be wearing a Black custom U2 05 Boston T-shirt. We would love to meet up with any of you. We have to meet someone so we won't be in the GA line up! Good luck all you GA ticket holders!
Fred & Teri

FrednU2 said:
Kim, I just sent an email out to the group. We will be there a few hours before the show at a bar across the street from the Arena with a large outdoor deck and plam trees. I will be wearing a Black custom U2 05 Boston T-shirt. We would love to meet up with any of you. We have to meet someone so we won't be in the GA line up! Good luck all you GA ticket holders!
Fred & Teri

:up:

I've got you programmed in my phone! Give me a call when you all get to the arena on Wednesday so we can meet up! :)

:rockon:

Can't wait!

I'll be in the GA line tomorrow. Thinking about making it an all day affair since I am taking my nephew and what him to get the full GA experience. Not bad for a 12 year olds first show, U2 and GA tix!

u2gator

You should be the first people in line if you get in it tomorrow (Tuesday The 15th)! We wont be getting down there until Wednesday the day of show ourselves! : ) I know your nephew will have a blast! Enjoy the show!
Fred

FrednU2 said:
You should be the first people in line if you get in it tomorrow (Tuesday The 15th)! We wont be getting down there until Wednesday the day of show ourselves! : ) I know your nephew will have a blast! Enjoy the show!
Fred

Of course I meant Wednesday morning. Tomorrow I will be in line getting my DVD. Now the question is do I let my nephew watch the DVD or will that ruin it for him? I'm thinking about letting him watch small bits just to show him what our goal is in terms of getting into the ellipse and also where in some songs I expect him to be participating along with the rest of the crowd singing.

u2gator

I'll be there all day! :wave:

Too bad we can't bring a dvd player to watch the dvd in line! :D

Also, where are you parking? I'm not terribly familiar with the parking around the forum... is there a lot that's 24 hours? I was planning on getting to the forum around 6 am... :crazy:

U2gator! I knew what you meant! I was just messing around with you! I will be getting our DVD shortly! We will drop over to the GA line around 1:00 (if all works out right) in hopes of meeting you all! I will call out your screen names! I will be in my custom Black U2 05 Boston shirt! I seriously hope you all get into the ellipse! We have an ace up our sleeve! Will tell you about it if I see you! later!
Fred

Right next to the forum is a parking garage which is where I plan on parking. It will be easy to get to and from our cars to drop things off and change before the show. There is also a handfull of restaurants around and the Marriott hotel, so bathrooms should not be a problem.

u2gator

u2gator said:
Right next to the forum is a parking garage which is where I plan on parking. It will be easy to get to and from our cars to drop things off and change before the show. There is also a handfull of restaurants around and the Marriott hotel, so bathrooms should not be a problem.

u2gator

:rockon:

I'm so excited about this show! So excited that, even though I'm exhausted from Miami and should have slept all afternoon to rest up for Tampa, I'm WIDE AWAKE! I'm not sleeping... and it's only 11 am :|

Maybe I'll attempt to take a nap this afternoon...

U2 gator... do you know where the GA line is supposed to be? Like what gate, etc?

And thanks for the info about the parking garage :up: Can't wait to meet you!

Hola everyone. . .finally, I have a second to chime in. You all may not know me but regardless, I'll be there tomorrow around 7-8am or whenever I can persuade my wife to drive over with me.

There are lots of Parking options. Not sure about the whole day thing everywhere but Channelside Drive has a big garage about 2 to 3 blocks from the Forum, very easy walk and if you really feel like you can't walk 300 yards, there's a trolly that goes back and forth and lots to do, food movies etc, if you feel like the line is not doing it for you.

I'm going to contact the Forum re: lining up and Channelside regarding Parking pricing. Last I saw it was something like $14 all day but I can confirm that. There's also lots of little lots which run about $5 at event time but not sure what time they open.

I'll be back. Hope to see everyone bright and early.

I'll be up with the sun. . .I'm not coming down!!!!!!!

Here's an update. The Box Office reps said GA entry will be the regular floor entrance (next to the McDonald's Box Office and Will Call) After that it sounded like they were reading from the U2.com procedures. . . entry, 2 lines etc. etc. but didn't seem like they really knew too much.

They said lining up will begin at 7am.

I called Channelside and they said their parking is actually run and maintained by the Tampa Port Authority. The woman I spoke with said the garages are open when she comes to work at 8am, so she thinks 7am. I've left messages with the port authority. You can reach them at 813-233-2716. I've only received voicemail, so no confirmation, If anyone finds out anything better, let me know, but this garage is very convenient.

Chris.

Ok, last post this afternoon, I promise.

The Parking at Channelside opens at 5am and is open until 2am. The cost for all day is $14 or $1/hour maxing out at $14.

You can find directions if you google Channelside Tampa. It's literally right down the street from the Forum (approx 10 minute walk if you walk at an average speed) If anyone finds closer parking or better rates, please post.

Thanks,

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom