Dec. 19, Rose Garden in Portland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miroslava

ONE love, blood, life
Ack! New thread! :hyper:

No time to transfer info... just look in the last couple pages of the old thread :up:

GA
*Distributing signs in GA

Allidreamsoutloud
Bratty_Cat*
Calluna
Corianderstem
I Move in Mysterious Ways
Miroslava*
Romi
StarsforU2 and U2bonogirl
U2fanaticforever
Lemon Grrrrrrl
Jellybean

Seats
6620ross (Section 105)
Carek (Section 223) - Has signs
Fah (Section 308)
Hallucination (Section 229) - Has signs
Hotpepper (Section 229) - Has signs
Martha (Section 221)
Sukha (Section 103) - Arrangements for delivery of signs made

ionmo1.jpg

Last edited:
Oops, never mind. I don't have an asterisk by my name. I'm just in GA, being a non-sign doofus. :wink:

I was all like, whoa, I've been recruited! And then I was all like, oops, no, lollzzzzz.

I'm excited to go to Portland! I'm even thinking I might hang out in line all day!

Of course, this is based on the line not actually forming until early on Monday. But just because the Rose Garden says "no lining up until 7 day of show," I suppose there'll be an unofficial line across the street or something? And at 7 am, 553 GAers will scramble across the street. :wink:

Last edited:
300 Thank You signs are looking for a flight to Portland from the SF Bay Area.

Anyone?

Please.

I would hate to see all the paper and ink go to waist.

........to pick up my signs and hand deliver them in Portland! :wink:

WOW!
When and how did that happen?

Awesome though!!

:applaud:

:up:

Have a great time.

But more importantly ;) :

Are you going to bring signs?
And will you be in GA or do you have seats?

Check your email Mi. :) I think I may be too late though (as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anyway I love the "Thank You" sign idea. May I throw a wrench in it and ask if anyone knows how to say it in Gaelic as well? I know I could just Google it myself and all.......but i'm a lazy American, you see. In any case I'll print up just a few - like maybe 10 or so because my printer's very low on ink right now.

Oh alright - I Googled it - it's Go Raibh Maith Agat (Pronounced Go - Rev - Meela - Maw - Agut) in case anyone's interested. But they list it as Irish, not Gaelic...is there a difference??????? Oh I'm overthinking things again as usual.

But Mi - hartelijk dank for making up a bunch of signs for Portland!!!!!!!!!!! You rock woman! :heart:

I'll be at the Rose Garden around 3pm, Hallucination has my cell number. I hope to meet up so I can distribute the signs in my section, and around too.

2 more days! See you there.

Miringeltje said:
........to pick up my signs and hand deliver them in Portland! :wink:

WOW!
When and how did that happen?

Awesome though!!

:applaud:

:up:

Have a great time.

But more importantly ;) :

Are you going to bring signs?
And will you be in GA or do you have seats?

Last night after my offce holiday party my husband and I were coming home in a cab and I was all "I really wish I could go to Portland" and he was like, well you should go!! I said, really? You don't care? (we are having work done on our place and it a mess, the contractors have to be supervised, etc., it's a total pain) and he said what the hell, if you want to go that badly you should go!

So when we got home I hopped on the internet and booked a flight. I still have to get a ticket, and I only want GA...there are a few out there, I am hoping I can get that all worked out before I leave tomorrow afternoon. I still have to figure out what I am going to say to my boss, though...do I call in sick, or say I have to be here because of the workers, or just admit what I am really doing? I get back at like 2PM on Tuesday so I will be out two days. Have to figure that one out yet.

So anyway since I just decided this and I am leaving in like 24 hours, I don't think I will have a chance to make signs, but of course I can help pass them out...I text messaged Miroslava at 3AM this morning and she answered me back, she was already at the airport!

OK gotta work on my ticket now, back later...

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Check your email Mi. :) I think I may be too late though (as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anyway I love the "Thank You" sign idea. May I throw a wrench in it and ask if anyone knows how to say it in Gaelic as well? I know I could just Google it myself and all.......but i'm a lazy American, you see. In any case I'll print up just a few - like maybe 10 or so because my printer's very low on ink right now.

Oh alright - I Googled it - it's Go Raibh Maith Agat (Pronounced Go - Rev - Meela - Maw - Agut) in case anyone's interested. But they list it as Irish, not Gaelic...is there a difference??????? Oh I'm overthinking things again as usual.

But Mi - hartelijk dank for making up a bunch of signs for Portland!!!!!!!!!!! You rock woman! :heart:

Email checked.

And Hallucination has posted about my signs needing a lift.
Thank you!
It has already been said multiple times here, so you already know it, but you're awesome!!!

And LG, looks like you found more than the Irish/Gaelic version of "Thank you" online, I almost doubled over seeing it standing there in Dutch.
And good to see you posting here!!!

If the rest of my signs can't find a flight to Portland, that's too bad.
I'm still gonna hold on to them then though.
Maybe they'll come in handy for when the entire Vertigo tour ends in Hawaii! ;)
Besides there are already 800 of mine on their way.

I'm just happy I could help out.
And since this forum + the shows have provided me with a lot of fun this year, I thought it was appropriate to show my gratitude and say "Thanks".

Off to work I go now.
I wish it was 2.30 PM already.
But once I start I'm sure the hours will fly by.

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
I am so excited guys! :hyper: Leaving tomorrow morning for Portland with my 200 thank you signs! :wink:

Gotta pack still and go buy a cheapy rain poncho...

I'm totally excited too! :hyper:
For all of you going.
It makes me smile like this :D, just thinking about the show!
And although I can't be there.
I'm absolutely present at the setlist party on Monday night!

As for the cheap rain poncho: try a Dollar store.

1:30 tomorrow afternoon ... that's my departure time from Seattle tomorrow. Road trip to Portland!

Really looking forward to meeting some of youse guys!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

The article on the front page of interference http://www.interference.com/u2149928/index.html
goes against the instructions of the 6000 signs we here at interference.com have printed.:eyebrow: It didn't mention anything about holding the Thank You signs after One but instead the One signs AFTER, not the begining of One. Nobody is gonna know what to do. It'll just be a clusterfuck of signs all night.:lmao:

Miringeltje and Cat Lady - Did you all figure out how to manage the sign exchange? If it's easier for me to help (I'm in Marin so you'd have to come here, sorry) please let me know. I was hesitant at first to offer because we are trying to go carry on and husband would have done the :madwife: thing knowing that I'd volunteered to take thousands of signs.

I'm feeling a little lame about my offer :huh: It's so late . . .

I'm leaving from the Oakland airport around noon if that helps.

Portland!!!!!

Hallucination said:
The article on the front page of interference http://www.interference.com/u2149928/index.html
goes against the instructions of the 6000 signs we here at interference.com have printed.:eyebrow: It didn't mention anything about holding the Thank You signs after One but instead the One signs AFTER, not the begining of One. Nobody is gonna know what to do. It'll just be a clusterfuck of signs all night.:lmao:

I just noticed that misinformation too. Shit . . . :ohmy: Going to be crazy.

Hi guys! I'm here! I'm here! Got in last night and it's COLD!

I put 300 signs in my carry on suitcase. Maybe that helps?

Can't wait till Monday. Also if anyone has access, there is a nice big article in the Portland paper about U2!

Hey Carek - my sister and I will be in Section 119. Could we mosey on over to your section and pick up a couple of signs? :wink: This is going to be cool (and hopefully it'll work! lol).

Hi Karen :wave:

Glad to see you reporting from Portland. Still waiting to see if the last of Miringeltje's signs need a courier. With her 300 plus my 200, that'll be a load but I'll stick some in my hubbie's back pack when he's not looking. :shifty:

Guys, I'm not in GA, I have seats. I'll print out a couple to bring with me but I can't bring a ton of signs, no room in the suitcase.

Miringeltje,

Get in touch with me asap, I'll carry all your signs up to Portland on Sunday night.

I'm working all weekend here in South SF, but can get around the Peninsula a bit if you can meet half way.

Email me first and I'll get back to you:

U2kidz@hotmail.com

It's 3:10 pm on Saturday right now.

Nick

Last edited:
4U2Play said:
Miringeltje,

Get in touch with me asap, I'll carry all your signs up to Portland on Sunday night.

I'm working all weekend here in South SF, but can get around the Peninsula a bit if you can meet half way.

Email me first and I'll get back to you:

U2kidz@hotmail.com

It's 3:10 pm on Saturday right now.

Nick

That's awsome Nick! Now all we need to do is to get ahold of Miri!! Anyone with Miri's e-mail? Miroslava? We need to get this done. It'd be a shame to have a ride for the signs and not take advantage of it.

I'm also wonedring if everyone who has signs could post an update of how many you have. It'd be nice to have a rough idea of where we stand right now. :wink:

Asa for my signs well holy crap I got them all in one suitcase. It's heavier though than the suitcase carrying my 5 days worth of clothes and stuff. Seriously people once I get to Portland I'll no doubt be getting ahold of some of you and feel free to contact me as well. Again I won't post my cell # in the open forum but my e-mail adrress once again is putnam3360@yahoo.ca I'm gonna need help. You don't realise how many signs 3500 is untill you actually have them all stacked togehter ina suitcase. It's cool but in some weird way I can't help but think I'm an idiot
:lmao:

Oh and how cold can it really be in Portland? I acn't help but feel it's gonna seem balmy to me. Just don't rain damnit!!

:ohmy:

Miroslava, that "map" on your first post in this thread....:bow:

You guys are awesome!

I wish I could see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Hotpepper and Nick, thank you both for your offer.
Great, great, great!!
:bow: :bow:
I've just emailed Nick.
He's a bit closer to where I live.
Hope we can work things out.

I should have left an email, before I signed of to go to work today.
Just got back, so that's why I've been MIA for most of the day.
Sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom