April 9th, HP Pavilion in San Jose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen...where are the parties before or after the show? I'm so there!!! Again, I'm willing to buy a round if you want to hang at the Fairmont or the little Irish bar behind it.

I'm only 19, so I can't hang out at the bars, but I really would love to party after the first SJ show as I'm going to be spending the night/morning there anyway as I have GA for SJ2....

U2SJ said:
Mike you guys should be in GA line with us on 4/9!! :mad:

Well, Zoo Station's show doesn't start until 9:45 and whatnot.....so possibly.....

Is Britannia Arms all ages? I see that there's a restaurant........I expect to be hungry and wanting even more U2 after the first night's show......but alas, my youth may not allow me into the danks of ye olde pub.

Edit: Yep, not all ages............well, Sledge, I'll see you and the guys at any other non 21+ SF shows in the future. Rock on!

Last edited:
yup....we just confirmed that we're playing the brit AFTER the u2 show.....we'll try to hit all the songs they didn't just to complete the evening!!

bigmacphisto...sorry about the age thing...i know they do have a big patio and it might be worth a stroll over to see whats going down anyway.

sledge

To sledge, yeah, I'll definitely check it out anyway, since I'll be around.

To redlitegreymorn, it looks like GA lineups won't be happening as there's a sort of lottery thing on this tour...........on the plus side, that means we don't have to wait around, but on the minus, we could end up with much worse seats....

Well if this lottery crap is true perhaps we can have a drink with you Reggie.

From U2tours.com --

Vertigo Tour Venues: San Jose

February 25, 2005

As you may know, we had U2 here at HP Pavilion at San Jose (then Compaq Center at San Jose) back in 2001 for two shows. We worked the General Admission line with numbered wristbands and easily controlled the situation to be fair to all guests, regardless of when they arrived. We also had dedicated line-up areas for guests with regular admission tickets. The feedback received from guests was very positive and we plan on using a similar process for the upcoming U2 concerts here on April 9th and 10th.

We’ll be finalizing the informational handout for guests with general admission tickets as we get closer to the date, ensuring we incorporate any last minute items and/or changes that the production crew makes. I’ll be happy to send you a copy of that handout when its finalized if you wish.

Ken Sweezey
Director of Guest Services
HP Pavilion at San Jose

:huh: :scratch:

Heh, YES lotto now, unfortunately...........but it's a different process as we've now found out about a half hour after your post........so everyone's still going to want to line up in advance...........I'll be around sometime before the show hangin', but not all day since I have a seat ticket for this round...

I hope all of your tickets beep and make that screen change color! Good luck! :wink:

That was dated Feb 25... I am sure U2.com's rules will take precedence over that.

I have to say though I was at the San Jose show last tour and the line WAS organized. And you could literally show up at 4pm and get a spot right outside the heart on the tip.

San Jose Lights Up for U2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be on the lookout for AWF Volunteer Chris Moore on Saturday, April 9. Chris will be selling 22-inch glow necklaces (asking for a minimum $1 donation) to those who are in the GA line for San Jose. All proceeds will be donated to the African Well Fund.

Good luck Chris!

Thanks for creating a fun way for fans to donate!

This was posted on another message board. Thought I'd pass along!

Hello to all of those that will be attending the San Jose shows. There
will be a Preconcert party on April 8 in cupertino california. Just
four miles from the San Jose HP Pavillion where U2 will perform on
April 9-10. Joshua tree will be performing at this party. Tickets are
available at www.u2jt.com/shows.html You can also purchase tickets at
the door. If you print up the gig information you will get five
dollars off of admission. This will happen at Brittania arms pub and
grill. Ticket price is $20.00 . Part of the proceeds will go to the
African well fund. You can purchase tickets online or at the door, or
by sending a check or money order vertigo preconcert party PO. BOX
1634 Campbell CA, 95009 . Brittania arms 1087 S De Anza BLVD Cupertino
CA, Spread the word. We will have Southern Californias very own Joshua
Tree(U2 Tribute band performing.

See you at the Show.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Lil Jennie, if you'd like you can join a few of us at the Fairmont Hotel Lounge for drinks before the show. If you're interested just PM me!

I can't PM...I am not a premium member :( ...I would love to hook up at the Fairmont though....sounds like fun! :)

I have my IMs...

AOL: misjennie7@aol.com (e-mail account as well)
yahoo: misjennie72000@yahoo.com
MSN: misjennie72000@msn.com

LiLJennie said:
Well, it looks like I will have to go to the show on April 9th by myself. So where is everyone going to hang out? Anyone else going stag?

I'm flying solo as well.......anyone hear going to the April 10th show that lives near SFSU? I could really use a ride back if you live in that area, otherwise, I'll be waiting in San Jose for the 4 AM Cal Train on Monday morning.

And does anyone know of some really good, (and cheap) food near the stadium? :drool:

Hey Big... I don't live near SFSU... but if we meet at SJ2 somehow I will be driving home along 19th Ave through the city... if that helps at all I would be happy to give you a ride back. Look for me & hubby in GA line for SJ2... I'm sure we will end up meeting somehow :)

Yeah, I'll be pretty easy to spot...black hair, skinny guy, black sweatshirt..........I'll be in the U2.com line.......that would probably work for me as I could get on the muni train around 19th Ave and get home that way. Thanks for the offer, and I'l be sure to catch you in line. :wink:

Sicy said:
That was dated Feb 25... I am sure U2.com's rules will take precedence over that.

I have to say though I was at the San Jose show last tour and the line WAS organized. And you could literally show up at 4pm and get a spot right outside the heart on the tip.

Sicy you're right, SJ staff did an excellent job last time around (especially compared to the idiots at the Oakland Arena during the fall leg). I think it means that, even with a lottery, we can expect it to run smoothly.

HardCoreR8R said:
when do you guys plan on being in line for the GA's?

For April 10 (don't have GAs for the ninth), Not sure, I plan to be in the city early in the morning though, so I think I'll get to the Pavillion before 9 AM for sure..........if there aren't too many people, I might just hang around town and then come back later.....but I definitely won't get in line after 12 as I'm sure there will be hundreds of other U2 nerds in line already by that time. :wink:

Last edited:
BigMacPhisto said:

For April 10 (don't have GAs for the ninth), Not sure, I plan to be in the city early in the morning though, so I think I'll get to the Pavillion before 9 AM for sure..........if there aren't too many people, I might just hang around town and then come back later.....but I definitely won't get in line after 12 as I'm sure there will be hundreds of other U2 nerds in line already by that time. :wink:

I'm jealous! :sigh: I wish i was in the GA line...oh well...at least I have a ticket. Is anyone else showing up at the Fairmont with Reggie? what time is everyone showing up?

Reggie..E-mail me with the details! :)

Back
Top Bottom