Manchester

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Just read on lastminute.com that the gates open at 3:00pm, isnt that pretty early? says band on stage 8:15 aprox

It's to allow a massive amount of people inside the venue, without a last minute mad rush for the most part.

But it's also to accommodate early doors fans (of whom there will be many), as well a set by the support band and time to remove their gear afterwards.

Also, it allows for people to go spend cash at merchandising stalls, beer tents and hot dog stands too if you're slightly cynical like me. LOL

I wouldn't be surprised to see two support acts. When I saw Chilis there last year the first support was on about 5ish and then the second support act at 7ish with the band coming on at 8:30ish.

That would certainly be great value for money and might cheer up those who ended up forking out a fortune!

As long as it isn't bloody Kelis again like Elevation Manchester!!

stevec said:
That would certainly be great value for money and might cheer up those who ended up forking out a fortune!

As long as it isn't bloody Kelis again like Elevation Manchester!!

Hey I was there, Kellis were shite heheh. Anyone see Cast at Roundhay Park when they supported U2 in 1997. They were pretty good.

rjhbonovox said:

Hey I was there, Kellis were shite heheh. Anyone see Cast at Roundhay Park when they supported U2 in 1997. They were pretty good.

Yeah, Cast were pretty cool. Couldn't believe the weather though. :ohmy:

As for Kelis, did anyone else laugh when that smartarse drummer kept throwing his drumsticks in the air and then dropping them?

Lucky you with Casr - I've had to put up with PJ Harvey, The Seahorses and bloody Kelis!

I'm not swearing for effect, I've actually renamed here as Bloody Kelis. :wink:

It seemed fitting.

Slapnutz said:

Yeah, Cast were pretty cool. Couldn't believe the weather though. :ohmy:

As for Kelis, did anyone else laugh when that smartarse drummer kept throwing his drumsticks in the air and then dropping them?

Yeah I always remember John Powell of Cast saying "I bet the fuc#ing sun comes out when U2 are on". Great concert!

Back
Top Bottom