Hawaii December 9th - Aloha Stadium, Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ChargedVT said:
By the way, "imminent" means its very close to happening.

Oh, sorry, I was being sarcastic, :wink: .

You know how they use words like "soon", "imminent" and "forthcoming" which turns out to be months instead of weeks or days. :wink:

Well, I'm actually feeling confident that the 9th will hold, and I have a feeling that new dates are really imminent and AAdvantage Vacations had an extra 5% off their hotels for frequent flyers today only, so I just re-booked everything for Dec. 2-10. Re-booking the award plane ticket didn't even cost me anything!

I may be jumping the gun, but hey, if things change, the flight will cost nothing to change and the hotel $25 to change, which still leaves me with $9 savings. :wink: Which is to say, don't try this at home yet if it's gonna cost you a lot of money. :)

Hey all, I haven't been on the boards much lately because it's a busy time of year here in Hawaii for those of us who work in the travel industry.

Nice to hear that tour date announcements are "imminent" however let me just warn you.

When I was a kid growing up in Sunday School I was often told that the second coming of Jesus Christ was "imminent." That was over 30 years ago! haha

Kevin D. was going to sit in CC row 31 seats 1&2 on April 8th

adventuremaui said:

When I was a kid growing up in Sunday School I was often told that the second coming of Jesus Christ was "imminent." That was over 30 years ago! haha

:lol:

:lmao:

I really needed that laugh.

:lmao:

I'm not holding my breath
Bono's in Africa, Edge is in Dublin, Larry's in New York and Adam....well I'm sure there is a girls gone wild filming somewhere in the world :wink:

nurse chrissi said:
I'm not holding my breath
Bono's in Africa, Edge is in Dublin, Larry's in New York and Adam....well I'm sure there is a girls gone wild filming somewhere in the world :wink:

Nah, Adam is stuck somewhere picking out table and flower arrangements for his wedding, saying uh huh, sure, that's a nice colour, whatever you say dear......

Dammit people! I had one of those horrifyingly REAL feeling dreams last night that I lost my tickets and AFTER ALL THIS TIME WAITING sooooooooooo patiently wasn't able to get in to the re-scheduled show because I'd lost the tickets.

So when I woke up the first thing I did was make sure I knew right where the tickets are.

Whew!

Carek1230 said:
Dammit people! I had one of those horrifyingly REAL feeling dreams last night that I lost my tickets and AFTER ALL THIS TIME WAITING sooooooooooo patiently wasn't able to get in to the re-scheduled show because I'd lost the tickets.

So when I woke up the first thing I did was make sure I knew right where the tickets are.

Whew!

I'm not sure I wish I had all of my tickets in hand or not. They're still at Ericsson Stadium waiting for my credit card and ID to pick them up.
I do have my Hawaii tix in hand, but they just make me sad to look at.

Mark

It will be interesting to see if the Stones live up to their announcement "in the next few days" of the postponement dates. I believe these were all stadium shows as well.....

LONDON, England (AP) -- The Rolling Stones on Wednesday postponed the first 15 dates of their European tour as guitarist Keith Richards recovers from a head injury.

Stones publicist LD Communications said the European leg of the band's "A Bigger Bang" tour, which had been due to start Saturday in Barcelona, Spain, would now begin in July at a venue and city to be announced.

It said the rescheduled dates would be announced in the next few days.

The postponed gigs were scheduled for Barcelona and Madrid, Spain; Brussels, Belgium; Paris; Bergen, Norway; Horsens, Denmark; Gothenburg, Sweden; St. Petersburg, Russia; Brno, Czech Republic; Warsaw, Poland; Vienna, Austria; Milan, Italy; Athens, Greece; and Zagreb, Croatia.

The postponement of the two Paris shows on June 3 and July 2 was announced Tuesday by French organizers.

Richards, 62, was injured April 27 in Fiji. News reports variously claimed that he fell out of a palm tree or from a jet ski. Richards later had surgery in New Zealand to relieve pressure in his head.

The Stones' official fan Web site said in a statement Monday that Richards had returned to the United States, where he lives, and "is feeling great, happy to be home and looking forward to getting back on the road with the Rolling Stones next month."

What time do U2 concerts usually finish? I'm suppose to run the Honolulu Marathon on Dec. 10 so I'm freaking out about the supposed Dec. 9th rescheduled concert date. Race time starts at 5am!

Zargo said:
What time do U2 concerts usually finish? I'm suppose to run the Honolulu Marathon on Dec. 10 so I'm freaking out about the supposed Dec. 9th rescheduled concert date. Race time starts at 5am!

around midnight at the latest ;)
most likely around 11pm

Zargo said:

I'm hardly a running expert, but I did slog my way through a marathon last year, and in my limited experience you'll be too amped up to get any good sleep anyways. As the guru Hal Higdon says on his site.."Get a good night's sleep tonight. You may have more difficulty sleeping tomorrow night because of nervous anticipation. Also, you may need to get up early Sunday to get to the start on time. For this reason, your Friday night's sleep is even more important than your Saturday night's sleep."

So if you've run 50 marathons feel free to ignore my useless .02 . I am hoping the 9th holds up, because then I'll sign up for it too. Takes a date on the calendar to get me going sometimes :) Show would probably be over by 11:15.....

Trev,

Is "imminent" similar to "Tuesday" in Bono-speak?

Just wondering...and checking airline prices, beach rentals, etc.

Junan a/k/a JuneT

Junan said:
Trev,

Is "imminent" similar to "Tuesday" in Bono-speak?

Just wondering...and checking airline prices, beach rentals, etc.

Junan a/k/a JuneT

I'm beginning to think "imminent" is suitable in saying the dimming of the sun is imminent in about 10 billion years.:wink:

Another Hawaii bump........
What's up to everyone who traveled to Hawaii in April, not much action in this thread lately, dammit.

Me too, Carek! :up:

Unless there is some sort of miracle, and the concert is within a week or so of Christmas, it looks like it might not be feasible for me. :sad:

So far we don't have any cemented plans yet, but it's looking like there will be a large group of my family and friends who I hardly ever get to see that will be spending the holiday in Hawaii. If that happens, I won't see U2, since I can't afford to go there twice in a month. As much fun as it would be to be in Hawaii with them, I'm almost hoping it doesn't happen so I can go to the concert. :lol:

kellyahern said:
To everyone who went to Hawaii in April, what is the best place you went/one experience you had that you would say to someone, "You have to do this!" when you go to Oahu?

And no, drunk U2 karaoke does not count. :wink:

Rent a Jeep and drive to North Shore, this place is awesome! Eat a shrimp plate from a lunch truck parked at the side of the rode, the shaved ice is great and you have beaches to yourself, pretty much. Waikiki is too touristy and beach space is limited, but Duke's beach bar and the booze boat at the Outrigger are the best part of Waikiki beach (if you like drinking, that is). I'll be back hopefully in December.

Carek1230 said:
I need a Hawaiian vacation and a U2 fix so badly! Anyone else? :scream:

Me, me! And I'd say the U2 is more important than Hawaiian vacation at this point! Thanks for the good suggestion about renting a jeep techfire. I've done that drive before and it's definitely the way to go!

techfire is right on. We had a brand new jeep and put 500 miles on it in 7 days. North Shore is awesome. Highly recommend Skydive Hawaii too - tandem jump was unreal. Only thing we couldn't do was the shark tank thing, with all the poop in the water in April....

kellyahern said:
To everyone who went to Hawaii in April, what is the best place you went/one experience you had that you would say to someone, "You have to do this!" when you go to Oahu?

And no, drunk U2 karaoke does not count. :wink:

There is a road that runs up through the mountains overlooking Honolulu and Waikiki and Diamondhead, I think it's called Tantalus Drive. Just a cool, windy road that has some great views and a little park with a scenic overlook. Definitely worth a little detour. I think there are some hiking trails up there, too.

Also, go up to the top of Diamondhead and check out the view the military gunners had.

Mark---didn't go in April, but maybe for the reschedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom