Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
faithingrace said:
Lila64 did you try the Expedia person that was recommended on the other tread? If so did it get you anywhere?

I emailed the zootopian person, she emailed back and said she would forward my info to someone. Didn't hear back. Sent her another email this past weekend, and still haven't heard back :shrug: Dunno :huh:

Carek1230 said:
So when are they going to announce the new dates already?!!!

:lmao:

Sorry, I think I am just going crazy waiting for these new dates! :crazy:

Lila64 said:
I emailed the zootopian person, she emailed back and said she would forward my info to someone. Didn't hear back. Sent her another email this past weekend, and still haven't heard back Dunno

Hmm... she sounded like she wanted to help. :shrug:

So guys, it´s official: I´m screwed! No more U2 for me for a while (unless a miracle happens).

Virgin said "As per the contract, we are not prepared to do anything". This came from a Manager so I suppose we can´t do anything else about it. They are not even willing to reschedule our flights, with or without penalty fees.

I´m gutted. I swear I feel like crying. I don´t know what else to do. There´s no way I can get that money again because I have to pay rent, flights to go back home to Argentina and my credit card.

Was anybody else flying with Virgin and are in a similar situation? My friend and I are thinking of starting some sort of petition and ask them to help us. I know they are not obliged to do anything for us but they have to understand this is a situation beyond our control. Other airlines were very cool about it, and it would be brilliant if Virgin could do the same for fans.

If you are dealing with a similar situation as ours, please email me at flavia_cobas@yahoo.com.ar.

On another note: does anybody have an email addy for TNA and PM? It´s my last resort.

:(

Niamh_Saoirse said:
So guys, it´s official: I´m screwed! No more U2 for me for a while (unless a miracle happens).

Virgin said "As per the contract, we are not prepared to do anything". This came from a Manager so I suppose we can´t do anything else about it. They are not even willing to reschedule our flights, with or without penalty fees.

That is absolutely ridiculous :mad: . I would consider also writing a letter to your local newspaper or tv station. I can't believe that they're unwilling to let you use at least some of the money towards another flight.

One of the mods here used to have a good e-mail to PM, to an sbently (?) I think, but I don't remember who :reject:.

kellyahern said:

That is absolutely ridiculous :mad: . I would consider also writing a letter to your local newspaper or tv station. I can't believe that they're unwilling to let you use at least some of the money towards another flight.

One of the mods here used to have a good e-mail to PM, to an sbently (?) I think, but I don't remember who :reject:.

I know! They won´t even let us reschedule even if we paid a penalty fee. :angry: :madspit:

I know there PM in Dublin is but there´s no point in me going there because they will kick me out the curb as soon as I ring the doorbell. God knows they deal with loads of crazy requests on a daily basis.

But I don´t know what else to do or talk to.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I know! They won´t even let us reschedule even if we paid a penalty fee. :angry: :madspit:

I know there PM in Dublin is but there´s no point in me going there because they will kick me out the curb as soon as I ring the doorbell. God knows they deal with loads of crazy requests on a daily basis.

But I don´t know what else to do or talk to.

Do they have a phone number? Maybe you could call them and just ask if they've heard of people having trouble with Virgin :shrug:.

Also, does Ireland have anything like consumer reports or the better business bureau?

kellyahern said:

Do they have a phone number? Maybe you could call them and just ask if they've heard of people having trouble with Virgin :shrug:.

Also, does Ireland have anything like consumer reports or the better business bureau?

I´m not sure. I should check tho. But do you really think is it gonna make a difference? They are gonna say: You should have read the contract firts. I did, but what the hell did I know they were gonna postpone the tour? Don´t they realise it´s something beyond my control and that I´m not cancellig because, let´s say, I ahve an ingrowing toe nail???? :mad:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I´m not sure. I should check tho. But do you really think is it gonna make a difference? They are gonna say: You should have read the contract firts. I did, but what the hell did I know they were gonna postpone the tour? Don´t they realise it´s something beyond my control and that I´m not cancellig because, let´s say, I ahve an ingrowing toe nail???? :mad:

I looked at Virgin's website. The conditions they have seem ridiculous. You can only change your tickets if there is a) a natural disaster or b) the state department/home office issues a travel advisory not to go to that area :banghead:.

So I guess no one ever has to reschedule a flight with Virgin *sarcasm*.

I could see making a case for this http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/u...ngerswhomisstheirflightsduetoforcemajeure.jsp but like the first rude customer service lady said, they would tell you you could still go to Hawaii anyway :mad:.

I'd still maybe write a letter to the editor or a local tv station, and tell them what the other airlines are doing. So far, Virgin is the only carrier I've read about that absolutely refuses to work with people. At the very least, it will make Virgin look bad :shrug:. I know I probably wouldn't book with them now after what you've told us.

I was wondering if I could get in touch with somebody at TNA and see if they could put a word in like they did with other airlines, but chances are they are not gonna be arsed just for 2 people.

:huh:

A friend rang PM NY and they said too bad, too sad. :huh:

Next! :lol: I dont know who else to ask for help. *sniff sniff*

I hate being a pain in the arse, but I dont wanna klet all that money to waste and God knows when I´ll see U2 again after I move back home.

this was posted on u2log:

ETS, the official tour and travel operator for the Vertigo tour, has asked us to inform fans who have purchased ticket packages to any of the postponed shows to hold tight. A number of fans have been requesting refunds now, thinking that they will be able to rebook when new dates are announced. According to ETS, rebooking at a later date is not going to be easy because they already have waiting lists for the shows. Cancelling now likely means losing the tickets to someone on a waiting list.

Although this ticket information is specific to ETS customers, anyone holding a ticket to a postponed show can take the information as good news. The official tour and travel operator has not been told the shows are cancelled instead of postponed, which is the major concern of most fans.

I wasn't sure where to post this.

I just got off the phone with Next Adventure about the tour re-scheduling. Those poor folks are just as stressed about this whole postponement of the tour. They took my name and number to give me, along with a long list of others, a call when the Hawaii date is released but they say at this point there is no news on Hawaii, it's all up to insurances they said, as far as a definite reschedule, another postponement or cancellation. Ack! No!

As far as the other areas, there will be shows added but nothing official to announce yet. Don't believe everything you read.

So, folks, hang on to hope and hang on to your tickets! :wink:

ETA: If anyone would like the phone number and name of who I spoke with, PM me and I am happy to share. I didn't feel it appropriate to post it publicly here.

I wish I can go... I have like no money... Hawaii is the U2 fan dream of the year...

I went to the Santiago show (well, it's just 20 minutes away by foot fomr my house :wink: ) and the 2 buenos Aires shows... so I have spent... not that much, but still a lot...

I just have to win the lottery and I'm on my way there :dancing:

PS: what If the announce new dates and your ticket is good only for the 1st Hawaii show? :|

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I´m gutted. I swear I feel like crying. I don´t know what else to do. There´s no way I can get that money again because I have to pay rent, flights to go back home to Argentina and my credit card.

Was anybody else flying with Virgin and are in a similar situation? My friend and I are thinking of starting some sort of petition and ask them to help us. I know they are not obliged to do anything for us but they have to understand this is a situation beyond our control. Other airlines were very cool about it, and it would be brilliant if Virgin could do the same for fans.

If you are dealing with a similar situation as ours, please email me at flavia_cobas@yahoo.com.ar.

On another note: does anybody have an email addy for TNA and PM? It´s my last resort.

Flavia, I just sent you email with contact info for PM and TNA. :wink:

Gosh! I lost track of the Hawaii thread after the chaos when they postponed the tour. Nice to be back and see the same people here. Since I am catching up, I'll put my two cents in by bullet point.
1. I thought I had read somewhere that Aloha Stadium wanted it kept in baseball configuration. They can still put a football field in that configuration and it would leave more room for possible future renovations with skyboxes and stuff like that. So...perhaps they will leave it this way for the UH season coming up. :shrug:
The stadium is already configured for the show...it looks really odd!
2. I hope they have the show on Dec 9th (I know its just a wild rumor pulled out of someones behind). That's my birthday! :rockon:
3. I really feel bad for you folks having so much problem with the airlines. If there was something I could do, I would. :hug:
4. The weather here in Nov/Dec is GORGEOUS. Might be a little rainy in early November, but it will be sunny and warm near the end of the month.
Thats about it. Good luck all! Lets hope for the best with a good show date for everyone!

Good to hear from you. I know several people with December 9th birthdays! I Was hoping for end of Dec cuz mine is 12/30! What a way to celebrate a birthday, at a U2 show!

We are so upset with Continental Airlines. I cannot believe they would insist on $130 per ticket change fees for a fare of $424RT. Unbelievable.

I wonder if you might maybe suggest for my group a condo, rental home, or one heckuva good deal on a hotel for 7-10 day stay based around when the show is going to be. We were going to be in Honolulu before but think maybe it would be better to situate in Waikiki this time around. Hopefully you might have some good suggestions....you can PM or email me. Thanks!
Karen

I bought an Entertainment book but it looks like most offers expire Nov. 1 so if anyone that is still going in April would be interested, please PM me and I'll send it to you.

Hi Nightsong,

I'm interested but I can't PM. I'd be willing to share it around in Hawaii to get maximum use of the offers.

Email me if it is still available:
junebuglaura at wildamail dot com

p.s. nice avatar :)

I wish I could afford going in April AND again whenever they re-schedule. As it is I am working harder to scrimp and save to pay for the change fee to the stupid airline for just one trip! :sad:

Carek1230 said:
I wish I could afford going in April AND again whenever they re-schedule. As it is I am working harder to scrimp and save to pay for the change fee to the stupid airline for just one trip! :sad:
:hug: I'm with you on that. My airline IS GOING to charge me $100 once I rebook my ticket which has to be before January of 2007. Hopefully, U2 will complete their tour by then. Lila, I need your "fingers crossed" smiley :)

Flavia hon, I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you guys are having with your ticket. Sorry I haven't been able to help out one bit either :sad:

I don't understand what's taking so long to announce new dates. Realizing the undertaking of logistics, but it doesn't seem it would take this long to get everything in place. You'd think that work could be communicated via email, fax, text and phone. I am getting frustrated.

u2forlife said:
Wow! This thread is still going!! See that some are still planning on having a Hawaiin vacation in April. :up: Now those are people with money :sexywink:

*mental note: get to know those folks really well :)

Sadly, I am in not in the money!

One can wish.

It just seems stupid to me to take a 125 rebooking fee when my ticket was only 320 roundtrip from Cincy, Ohio.

1) that price is unheard of
2) well it's Hawaii
3) I'll be saving up to go again but hopefully I'll have enough airline miles to cover the trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom