BUS SHUTTLE SERVICE for ADELAIDE concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epoh

The Fly
http://www.bass .net .au/
* look under NEWS and UPDATES*
[had to put spaces in cause I don't think I've got enough posts to do a link properly...just remove the spaces]

CHELTENHAM RACECOURSE
TO AAMI STADIUM & RETURN
PARK 'n' RIDE SHUTTLE
U2
NOT VALID ENTRY TO AAMI
16 Nov 2006

Cheltenham Park N Ride. Park your vehicle at Cheltenham Racecourse and catch a shuttle bus to and from AAMI STADIUM for the U2 Concert. Only 1 ticket will be produced with the number of people using this service per transaction - so if you buy for 5 people then all 5 must board the shuttle with the one ticket at the same time, this ticket must be produced going to and from AAMI Stadium. Lost tickets will not be replaced, and people trying to board the shuttle without a ticket will be refused.

All tickets bought through the Internet and Dial 'n' Charge must be collected from a Bass Outlet before 5:00pm Wed 15th Nov. - No ticket collection will happen at Cheltenham Racecourse. ***

Cheltenham Racecourse U2 Shuttle Service

With the support of the SAJC, we are pleased to announce a Park N' Ride Facility from Cheltenham Racecourse to AAMI Stadium for the U2 Concert on Thursday 16 November 2006.

Purchase your $6.00 per person travel ticket from any Bass outlet, internet www.bass.net.au or over the phone on 131246 Ticket includes parking at Cheltenham and a express return shuttle ride to and from the Stadium.

Tickets must be pre-purchased for this service, prior to the event.

There will be car parking staff and security on site at Cheltenham to direct vehicles and patrons on the night. Vehicle entry via Cheltenham Parade, located just past the intersection of Torrens Road.

Services will commence at 5.00pm from Cheltenham, last bus leaves Cheltenham at 8:15pm.

Avoid the congestion around the Stadium, with 60,000 fans expected combined with late night trading at Westfield and take advantage of this shuttle service.

Some premium parking will be available in the Stadium surrounding areas with prices starting from $10. Further details on transport can be found on the SANFL website. www.sanfl.com.au

You have to book through Bass. Hope this info helps some out with transport - mightn't be of help to a lot of the GA folk [service starts at 5pm] but for the reserved ticket holders [and I guess some GA who have to work for instance] it might be a good idea - remember folks...Thursday night = late night shopping as well.

S.

adrball said:
Does anyone know if there are any special bus services being put on from the city centre?

This very topic has been all over Adelaide talk back radio today.
Right at this minute, no. However, if enough pressure is bought to bear, the State Government may have to change their position. Right now, the official line is [1] government doesn't want to *waste* taxpayers $ - there's a real oxymoron for you, [2] not enough time to organise it. RUBBISH...they have known as long as we have known. I love my state, but man there are times when I understand why people elsewhere pay us out. We have the football park bus shuttle [The Football Express] which would work really well, but as of now, isn't being considered.
A guy from Adelaide who is attending one of the gigs in Sydney emailed a guy called Leon Byner [radio guy here] to tell him that when he got his ticket for Sydney it also had info in there telling him that the NSW gov. is putting extra buses etc., on for the gig and anyone who has a ticket for Aussie Stadium gets to ride for FREE to and from the gig [anyone from Sydney able to confirm this]

S.

Also its Telstra Stadium, or if you don't want to call it by its commercial name Stadium Australia. Aussie Stadium is next to the SCG and is home to the Sydney FC A-League and RL. I have heard that they enable you to use the public transport. But I am not sure if its really free. As in the tickets are a little more expensive. Still perhaps they should have implemented a similar system. I will be at the Royal Showgrounds during the day doing exams, and will get a lift to the stadium so I will be fine but still it will be harder to find a parking. I know we will manage, if we have to walk a long distance to see U2 Live :drool: , then so be it.

I've got a GA for Adelaide and after I fly in from Sydney I'll be wanting to get out there and line up asap. This will before the bus service starts. How near is the stadium from the city? Can I walk or is a taxi the best bet? Hopefully the taxi fare wouldn't be too $$$.

AAMI Stadium is about 10-15 km (accurately measured as you can see :wink: ) from the city and a little bit less from the airport. You can walk it if you're really fit....

blueeyedgirl said:
AAMI Stadium is about 10-15 km (accurately measured as you can see :wink: ) from the city and a little bit less from the airport. You can walk it if you're really fit....
Sure... I could easily run it. Would take between 50mins and 70mins. But the concern is getting to the GA line asap. I think I'll get a taxi. Thanks for letting me know the distance.

Okay I was watching the 7 news today and they said the government has had a total turn around, passed something today. Typical of the government to leave things to the last few days. :mad: Anyway they said full details are yet to be disclosed but looks like there will be buses. Anyway Ill keep you up to date if I hear any further details.

Yep this article

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,20752860-2682,00.html
More buses for U2 fans

November 14, 2006 01:15am
Article from: The Advertiser

EXTRA buses and trains will cater to crowds attending U2's sellout concert at AAMI Stadium, after a last-minute agreement by the SANFL to assist the Transport Department with funding.
Office of Public Transport executive director, Heather Webster, said yesterday negotiations were taking place with the SANFL and public transport contractors, who would also chip in for extra services for Thursday night's show.

She said details of the extra buses and trains would be released as soon as possible.

[edit to add new transport info]
http://www.mix
1023.com.au/misc/unfiledarticles.asp?articleid=5754
[remove the space]
Found this on the MIX 102.3FM site:

Public Transport to the U2 Concert
Adelaide Metro have come on board and will be offering limited services between the CBD and AAMI Stadium for the concert on Thursday.
From 3-7pm, shuttle services will depart for AAMI Stadium from Currie St every 15 minutes, stopping ONLY at the Adelaide Railway Station before running express to AAMI. These services will run as Regular Metroticket Services, so please remember to carry your Metroticket with you at all times.

Due to the large number of people heading to the concert, patrons are asked to be patient when using transport, and, if using the Adelaide Metro shuttle service, you are advised to take your car and PARK IN THE CITY as there will only be limited Public Transport services following the concert.. as follows (from an Adelaide Metro Media Release, sent 14/11/2006):
At the conclusion of the concert the shuttles will return patrons to the city from where a limited number of services will operate along Adelaide's Go Zones - departing no later than around 12:30am.
TransAdelaide will delay final train services to connect with the city-bound shuttles.

The Department for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure is also working with the Taxi industry to mobilise Adelaide's cab fleet and concierges will be on hand coordinating the process and encouraging patrons to share taxis.

For further details of public transport for the concert, call the Adelaide Metro Infoline on 8210 1000 or visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au.

Show Times:

Whilst gate opening times haven't been announced, Kanye West will be on stage from 7pm in his supports slot, with U2 on stage from 8:30pm. The promoter expects that the concert will finish at around 11pm.

ADDITIONAL PARKING INFO:
http://sanfl.com .au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=113136
[remove the space]

This is the link to the SANFL site...talks about the already mentioned shuttle service from Cheltenham Racecourse...also talks about other areas that are offering car parking [at a cost], and there is a link to a map that shows where you can and can not park at West Lakes Mall [opposite AAMI Stadium]

Am still trying to find the actual info about what the Gov decided to add today...I know the shuttle service is also running out of the City and extra trains are being put on, but don't know what the actual running times are...will keep looking. [found it....see above]

S.

Back
Top Bottom