Brisbane Pre-Annoucement Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just so you know, I read your post but I don't have many live songs. That's not really my thang.

I'm not ignoring you. I would upload it if I had it.

I have a question. Is it possible to create a ringtone out of a song that I've uploaded to my computer?

DignityPassesBy said:
thats cool ... i just want to make a tour cd and i'm trying to get it

I have one Vertigo disk that Sken sent me but I'm not playing that particular one until after I've seen the show myself so I haven't saved any of it to my computer.

Axver said:
I've a question for Earnie or anyone else who knows - is there any set way in which a tour is typically announced, a popular day or anything?

In my experience Axver, the answer to that would be no. Providing all the legal jargon has been signed, sealed and delivered, the dates can be announced as and when the promoter/band management feel like it. I've had tickets up to 6+ months in advance for some gigs and I usually get all my tickets the day they go on sale, whether that is pre-sale or not.

I vaguely remember that tickets I got for Zoo TV Inside Broadcast and Outside Broadcast went on sale in the UK well before the actual dates as they did PopMart and the Elevation tour. They all sold out very quickly too

If U2 tickets for their Australian/New Zealand Tour go on sale in December for March dates, I'd say 3-4 months would be a reasonably normal timeframe.

I just wonder if they will play indoor here. The rumour seems to be saying indoor shows in Brisbane and Sydney. The demand for tickets will probably be huge so if they do play indoors, I can see a lot of people being left disappointed. What do you think?

I hope you don't mind an American crashing your thread. I just wanted to say two things:
1. I dreamt that The Monkees were announced as the opening act for Australia. (?)
2. I can't wait to get the announcement of the tour dates either! I am very excited for you and our South American friends...you all deserve to see this show!!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Figured they'd announce this when Australia and New Zealand are asleep.:huh:

Can't wait until they wake up. :happy:

Last edited:
OH MY GOD!!!!!

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT!!!!!

U2 ARE COMING TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!

This has made my day and it's only 5:30am..... Congradulations to all our South American, Mexican and New Zealand friends as well... this is unbelieveable!!!!!

Don't want to steal anyone's thunder, but they're DEFINATELY COMING!!!! :):):)

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLOODY FUCKING HELL YESSSS!!!!!!!

About time, eh folks?

Check out the new avatar :drool:

2c5d9258.gif
2c5d9258.gif

2c5d9258.gif
2c5d9258.gif

2c5d9258.gif
2c5d9258.gif

2c5d9258.gif
2c5d9258.gif

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Well, I was a day off...
I don't know what the deal is with actual dates etc, I thought at least a rough guide would come with the announcement followed by more detail locally. I guess maybe U2 are waiting to nail everything into place for the whole leg before announcing them, or we'll hear something locally sooner. Either way, I'll keep hassling.

Congrats to NZ!!! 13 years!

Earnie, you're fucking incredible, bro! Thanks for everything!

:bow:

Back
Top Bottom