Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ticketmaster sale is on Monday ( yay tomorrow ) so what time is it coz it does not say on the site. It says it on the ticketek site for syd but not for the other shows... help

Apparently 12 in the afternoon for Brisbane and Adelaide....Melbourne is earlier in the day something like 9 not entirely to sure. Better of finding the official times though, not sure where though.

the worst thing is happening. it just took 20 minutes and about 4 reboots to get windows to start. now i have windows, but no mouse.... i have to move around with the f*cking tab key. why does this have to be happening NOW?????? it better be working by tomorrow morning or i'm going to kill someone!!!

if i miss out on tickets because of this stupid computer, i will smash it.

thank god... everything's ok now... my dad had to come around and sort it out so everything's good now and ready to go tomorrow.

man, i'm so excited and nervous.... :bono: yay!!!

hey sokki...

if u are gunning for GA at AAMI, then I dont think you'll have any trouble getting a ticket... they could get 20,000 onto the arena for GA if they have to. dont stress mate!

and this is adelaide!!! tickets never sell quickly for anything here in adelaide.

lincsPJ said:
hey sokki...

if u are gunning for GA at AAMI, then I dont think you'll have any trouble getting a ticket... they could get 20,000 onto the arena for GA if they have to. dont stress mate!

and this is adelaide!!! tickets never sell quickly for anything here in adelaide.

hey :)

yeah, that's what i was thinking (hoping).... i'm fairly confident.

lol is adelaide as sucky as people say??? :hmm:

HELP! I'm not prepared for tomorrow's adelaide concert ticket sale. How many tickets can I buy both over the phone and lining up at tickiteck? Isn't it 5 for either? And what's the deal with seating? How do I know where im going to be standing. What categories are there?

sokki said:

hey :)

yeah, that's what i was thinking (hoping).... i'm fairly confident.

lol is adelaide as sucky as people say??? :hmm:

Coldplay sold out in less then 2 hours, now U2 is a much bigger band so I expect the demand to be higher. However to be fair the entertainment centre is much smaller then AAMI Stadium so plenty of tickets will be available tommorow. Though with adelaides population I think getting a GA shouldnt be a problem as long as you of course buy a ticket early not leaving it to late. Lets hope we all get what we want.

Last edited:
AussieU2fanman said:
where is the seating map for the Adelaide show? please help

i have a map... but i dunno how to upload it!! u got msn or email or something??

i can tell u, that unless you have a physical disability and are forced to sit down, u should get GA.

Not sure where to stick this information, but as its to do with U2 playing in Melbourne in 1993 i'll put it here...
Just found out the following information
the November 12, 1993 concert attended by 44,339
the November 13, 1993 concert attended by 35,742

That's just over 80,000...
Hope they can beat this by adding a second show at Melbourne!

my email is stefnagy_@hotmail.com
Is there a different pool of tickets for people lining up and people buying over the net and phone etc? There must be because they go on sale at the same time and obviously the internet tickets will sell out immediately before the 1st guy lining up outside bass will even swipe his credit card? Whats the deal with that?

lincspj, can u please send the map to me! I need to confirm whether I should just get GA or get the reserved seating. Does anyone else have the Aami stadium map?
Why is the reserved seating more expensive if its so much further away than general admission which can surround the elipse if ur lucky?

AussieU2fanman said:
lincspj, can u please send the map to me! I need to confirm whether I should just get GA or get the reserved seating. Does anyone else have the Aami stadium map?
Why is the reserved seating more expensive if its so much further away than general admission which can surround the elipse if ur lucky?

all sent mate. i think they want to encourage more people to go to GA to fill up the oval!

in 1993, they faced the members stand from the centre.... this time, the stage is in front of the southern goals and faces the entire oval!! why anyone would pay $130 to sit behind the northern goals is beyond me. u'll see just as much from outside.

cheers, i havent recieved ur email yet, could u please send it to stefan.nagy@student.adelaide.edu.au if ur still online? Hotmail is all screwy for me. Thanks alot dude.

So why would anyone want reserved seating? U gotta be nuts to pay more for less of an experience.
Another question, if most ppl who are lining up 3 hours earlier are just going to get general admission tickets anyway, why not just use the internet or phone? Surely theres no way the general admission area will be filled and hence sold out seeing as they are playing stadiums, so u might aswell save urself some time and get them online which shouldnt take more than 30mins.

Last edited:
Ticketmaster NZ has truly melted down:

"HTTP Server Error 503

No available server to handle this request"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom