No setlist innovation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemon_vr6

Acrobat
U2 will not use the same setlist structure for the new tour. You're all going off of the Elevation pattern of songs, with two new ones, an AB song then an old song, with One at the end. The only relative certainty is that Streets will end the main set, as it has since Zoo TV. Look at the difference between Popmart and Elevation. The same shuffle will happen again.

That's a good call. Ever since the JT Tour, the setlist has evolved and changed. I haven't made speculative setlists - or even commented on much speculation - since a couple of weeks after the release of the album just because there's so much Elevation-setlisting going on.

lemon_vr6 said:
Look at the difference between Popmart and Elevation. The same shuffle will happen again.

I do not agree (not with the possible shuffle of the songs, that would be great), I think the setlists on PopMart and Elevation are very close... not the same, but the diferences are not that big... just change Pop's songs with ATYCLB's songs and you'll get almost the same setlists...

The biggest diference between PopMart and Elevation is the b-stage on PopMart... and there probably will be also a b-stage on VertigoTour and it will be the only diference between Elevation setlists and Vertigo setlists...

Here is the typical setlist from Popmart & Elevation:

Popmart
Mofo
I Will Follow
Gone
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Last Night On Earth
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Pride
I Still Haven't Found
All I Want Is You
Staring At The Sun
Desire
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Please
Where the Streets Have No Name

Discotheque
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
With or Without You

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Mysterious Ways
One
Wake UP Deadman 23 songs (9 New Songs, 14 Old Songs)

Elevation Tour
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
Stuck In a Moment
Kite
Gone
New York
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
In a Little While
Desire
Stay
Bad
Where the Streets Have No Name
Pride

Encore(s):
Bullet the Blue Sky
With or Without You
The Fly
One
Wake Up Dead Man
Walk On / Hallelujah 22 Songs (7 New Songs/15 Old Songs)

To me Popmart was the perfect setlist for new material & hits. The new material was presented so well with the Popmart theme. During the Elevation the new songs are completly missing after In A Little While. We don't here a new song until the last song.

I do agree with the original poster that most of the setlist I've seen are total duplicates of the Elevation shows.

Last edited:
I agree it's good to spread the new material out throughout the show. It would be nice though to see the guys switch out maybe 4 or 5 of the older/routine songs. I saw them leave out With or Without You and swap it w/ One on the Elevation tour. I think they could swap out Until The End of The World, Pride, Walk On, Mysterious Ways, Gone, Bullet The Blue Sky.....maybe think of replacing them w/ Even Better Then The Real Thing, Ultraviolet, In God's Country, Please, or Kite. I think each night should bring just a little variety. Makes you wonder what's coming next!

Back
Top Bottom