No More

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guill

War Child
Sorry for my english.

I was at the Paris I concert last week. The concert was great but something made me feel uncomfortable.
When U2 started playing SBS I saw 80 000 smiles. I understand when people are happy to hear one their favourite song, but isn’t SBS deeper than just a hit like Baby Hit Me One More Time or Thriller ?
How many people in the stadium know the meaning of the song ? How many feel the meaning of the song ?
I understand that U2 play this song in Belfast or in Dublin. I understood when U2 played SBS during the leg 3 of Elevation but in France, in Italy, in Denmark…
I think SBS should only be played on special occasion (unfortunately).
I don’t know what to think when people are smiling while Bono is singing “broken bottles under children’feet”
When people sing “no more” do they really think “we don’t want no more war” or are they just happy to be a part of the show ?

What do you think ?

It's unlikely you will ever see grim-faced reverence for a song's deeper meaning during a U2 concert. Too much fun going on.:up:

For the record, I scream "no more!" for the participitory fun of it and nothing more. Bono is well aware that the audience is 98% meatheads like me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom