It only takes 3 new songs to transform a mediocre setlist into an amazing one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Add Last Night on Earth, Please, and Dirty Day to a setlist of songs already played, and it's the most amazing setlist ever.

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
3. Electric Co
4. Out of Control
5. Last Night on Earth
6. Until the End of the World
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes
9. Dirty Day
10. Love and Peace
11. Please
12. COBL
13. OOTS
14. The First Time
15. Streets

17. Discotheque
18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly

20. Running to Stand Still
21. Bad

Man, those first 6 songs would kick your ass. I really think Please -> COBL could be epic, freaking epic. Then the First Time into Streets to close the main set, boy oh boy.

I don't even have to say anything about the encores they would be so good.

The more I look at this the more I think it's the perfect setlist, and I dare you to say otherwise.

dont you think please into cobl is the most amazing idea anybody has ever had?

bono could do the whole dramatic end of please at the tip of the ellipse with a spotlight on him. at the end of the song he'd be on his knees, during the whole intro to COBL he could continue singing "please, get up off your knees," then once the keyboards started he could stand back up, the confetti would fall, they would burst into COBL, it would be freaking sensational! god ive got goosebumps.

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:
Not bad, but UTEOTW --> The Electric Co. would be muuuuch better than UTEOTW --> Miracle Drug.

maybe you're right

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
3. Until the End of the World
4. Electric Co
5. Out of Control
6. Last Night on Earth
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes
9. Dirty Day
10. Love and Peace
11. Please
12. COBL
13. OOTS
14. The First Time
15. Streets

17. Discotheque
18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly

21. Bad

yeaaaah, thats the ticket

Axver said:
Needs Gloria, and 21 songs seems a tad short.

i made it 21 songs because it rocks so hard and they are so old they couldnt handle playing more

the vertigo version of gloria is kind of sucky, if they brought back a version to match gloria in the 80's then you could rotate it in with out of control

Chizip said:

i made it 21 songs because it rocks so hard and they are so old they couldnt handle playing more

the vertigo version of gloria is kind of sucky, if they brought back a version to match gloria in the 80's then you could rotate it in with out of control

I think Gloria's better than Out Of Control this tour, but ... :shrug:

Also, how about Miss Sarajevo and Crumbs? Personally, I'd push this to 22 songs and make the second encore Crumbs/Sarajevo/Bad.

i wouldnt soil this amazing setlist with miss sleepyjevo.

Crumbs/RTSS/Bad could be a good second encore.

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
4. Electric Co
5. Out of Control/Gloria
6. Last Night on Earth
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes
9. Dirty Day
10. Love and Peace
11. Please
12. COBL
13. OOTS
14. The First Time
15. Streets

17. Discotheque
18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly

20. Crumbs
21. Running to Stand Still
22. Bad

Great setlist Chizip!!!!

Even greater is the Please-COBL idea:drool:

I always thought COBL was going to be the Streets of this tour.
In some ways it is haha.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

RTSS doesn't have Bono doing amazing operatic singing. Miss Sarajevo does. Thus, Miss Sarajevo is inherently superior to RTSS.

timothius said:
Somehow I missed OOTS.

OOTS out Gone in.

I'd definitely be for this, I just thought Bono could use a bit of a break, remember, they are old

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
4. Electric Co
5. Out of Control/Gloria
6. Last Night on Earth
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes
9. Dirty Day
10. Love and Peace
11. Please
12. COBL
13. Gone
14. The First Time
15. Streets

17. Discotheque
18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly

20. Crumbs
21. Running to Stand Still/Miss Sarajevo
22. Bad

That would be pretty badasssss though

oh, and that would be a 4th new song, and that was against my rules.

but man, what a set

outside of bono's opera part in miss sarajevo, its a snoozefest, rtss is a good song throughout, but that is a song that could rotate, just for you Axver

Mauwer said:
Great setlist Chizip!!!!

Even greater is the Please-COBL idea:drool:

I always thought COBL was going to be the Streets of this tour.
In some ways it is haha.

im glad you brought this up, this is the key to my setlist. the climax if you will. although there is another climax with the first time into streets, so its like having multiple orgasms.

but seriously, close your eyes and imagine it. the full band is on the main stage doing please, before the "september..." part bono makes his way out to the tip of the ellipse. he finishes the song out there, during the transition there is a lone spotlight on Bono on his knees at the tip of the ellipse, singing "pleeeease, pleeease." then the orgran kicks in, the curtain of lights fall down, bono stands up, confetti starts to fall, and they bust into COBL.

wow.

Chizip said:

im glad you brought this up, this is the key to my setlist. the climax if you will. although there is another climax with the first time into streets, so its like having multiple orgasms.

but seriously, close your eyes and imagine it. the full band is on the main stage doing please, before the "september..." part bono makes his way out to the tip of the ellipse. he finishes the song out there, during the transition there is a lone spotlight on Bono on his knees at the tip of the ellipse, singing "pleeeease, pleeease." then the orgran kicks in, the curtain of lights fall down, bono stands up, confetti starts to fall, and they bust into COBL.

wow.

Call him.

That is very , very cool Chizip.
Damn that`s good thinking my Friend.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Does Streets have the extra extension like during Popmart on your list:wink:
That was cool too.

Last edited:
Mauwer said:

p.s. Does Streets have the extra extension like during Popmart on your list:wink:
That was cool too.

definitely, gotta end the main set with a flare.

maybe there could be an extended outro to streets with bono chanting "one step closer to knowing" or something :hmm:

Chizip did you call Bono or do I have to do everything here? He says "call me" at almost every show, so do it! :mad:

U2Man said:
Chizip did you call Bono or do I have to do everything here? He says "call me" at almost every show, so do it! :mad:

i really did call his dressing room in las vegas, i couldnt get to bono but i left a message for someone to give him, i dunno what else to do :shrug:

Chizip said:

i really did call his dressing room in las vegas, i couldnt get to bono but i left a message for someone to give him, i dunno what else to do :shrug:

:up:

I knew it.....the extended (Popmart) Streets rules haha.
Now go call Bono again and tell him to play your setlist:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Last edited:
1. Vertigo
2. Until The End of The World
3. Electric Co
4. Out of Control
5. Last Night on Earth
6. All Because of You
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes
9. Dirty Day
10. Love and Peace
11. Please
12. COBL
13. OOTS
14. The First Time
15. Streets

17. Discotheque
18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly

21. Bad

Excellent setlist, Chizip, but I would change the places between end of the world and all because.

Anyway, Í don´t find that the setlists are mediocre, I think they´re maybe the best setlists that they´re doing since years...............remember Elevation?
Now, those were boring repetitive setlists

Some great songs in the 2 encores, but Discotheque --> Zoo Station. That's never going to work, Zoo Station really only works well when it's the introductory song to something, either the concert itself or the encore.

Maybe... Zoo Station --> The Fly --> Discotheque?

Back
Top Bottom