All that U2 won't play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone understand why they only play 2 songs from ATYCLB? Walk On was a GREAT closer last tour (but could be played anywhere) and I love Kite. It would go well with Sometimes You Can't ..... I just find it odd that they play 4 songs in a row from Achtung Baby but just 2 songs from their last album. Even though I like Pop, I can sort of understand why they don't play anything from it. I'll also never undertand why they only play Pride from Unforgettable Fire but that's another post entirely.

isnt Bad from the unforgettable fire?

it's only been one leg, so i think we'll see more songs from atyclb.

the thing about walk on is it was so perfect as a closer for the elevation tour, it would seem weird to throw it in the middle of the set somewhere.

I'm actually surprised that only two ATYCLB songs have been played thus far considering we know five were rehearsed. The three that failed to make it are Stuck (though it DID appear at the LA rehearsal and has been soundchecked), New York, and Walk On.

Walk On should only be played as a closer...it could close the main set, maybe, doesn't HAVE to be the concert closer. I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up though, they've been mixing up the closers a lot.

I want New York again...

i guess walk on could be used to close the main set

it is a great song, and probably the only ATYCLB song Id want to see make a return

Chizip said:
i guess walk on could be used to close the main set

it is a great song, and probably the only ATYCLB song Id want to see make a return

How about Kite?

If they're doing an acoustic set in Europe, Stuck could go there. I prefer the acoustic Stuck a million times over. Of course Kite would be even better...paired with One Step Closer maybe? :drool:

I think if they actually do an acoustic set it may look something like this...

1)stay or SATS
2)Stuck
3)WGRYWH (They did bring it back afterall)
4)Maybe Yahweh? Don't quote me on that though...just a random guess.

Chizip said:

the thing about walk on is it was so perfect as a closer for the elevation tour, it would seem weird to throw it in the middle of the set somewhere.

I see Walk On's position as very similar to that of Streets post JT/Lovetown.

Whilst seemingly perfect in it's current position it simply has to move for fear of repitition. And as it turns out the move improved the songs performance, but to do that they had to be creative... that being the merging with RTSS. Both musically & conceptually.

Thus my thinking is that Walk On needs to be tied together with another song in a similar way. And I can see too possible options...

Option 1 - Replace Bullet The Blue Sky

Now for the European leg this shouldn't be a problem as Bullet has become over Americanised on it's recent tour. Simply use the reprise of the Sunday Bloody Sunday drumbeat at the end as the count in to Walk On. The high impact start Walk On has would work well out of that beat (more so than Bullet I think to be honest). Conceptually you would be tieing together the idea of merely screaming and demanding peace and unity (in SBS) with the idea of action and walking for these things. Overall I think it would breathe new life into the L&POE->SBS->Bullet trilogy.

Option 2 - Replace Pride

Likewise this has become heavily Americanised over the past leg and will no doubt need to be changed for the European leg. To do this I would simply play Walk On in place of Pride. Coming out of the bridge into the Hellalujah stretch you simply fade it out toward the end. Replacing the oh-oh-oh-oh's with Hellalujahs into Streets. I personally think it would be magic if done right. And again would breathe new life in to that Pride->Streets->One Trilogy.

I personally favour the first one. Any other ideas as to where we can fit it in?

Back
Top Bottom