Achtung is back - Las Vegas 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Finally the band decided to return to rock and roll and brought back Mysterious Ways, Until the End of the World, Zoo Station and The Fly in the set. :rockon:

In a Little While with Brandon Flowers from The Killers was another surprise.

Now, U2, please come to your senses and stop with the acoustic encores! The acoustic songs are great this year (Wild Horses being the exception) but their placement in the set is just wrong, wrong, wrong. And it hurts more as they replace two of the tour's best songs (Zoo Station & The Fly).

Mofo and Discotheque wouldn't hurt as well. :wink:

The acoustic encores will return...don't be suprised if they burst out the First Time, Walk On ect in Oakland.

Though I'd love for Zoo and The Fly to remain in the set again, and Mysterious Ways.

That Vegas setlist is IMHO the best setlist yet from the 3rd leg!
I'm praying that they may consider playing both versions of the setlists (acoustic & Achtung/rock) in citiese where they're playing multiple shows!

funny that despite the pretty radical shake up in the set, some people still werent happy

Indeed great setlist for Vegas 2, but I miss Electric Co.
That`s one of the highlights each night , it is for me.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Mauwer said:
Indeed great setlist for Vegas 2, but I miss Electric Co.
That`s one of the highlights each night , it is for me.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

If they rotated UtEotW+Mysterious Ways with Electric Co.+I Will Follow/Out of Control/The Ocean/Gloria

I'd be a happy camper

djerdap said:
Finally the band decided to return to rock and roll and brought back Mysterious Ways, Until the End of the World, Zoo Station and The Fly in the set. :rockon:

In a Little While with Brandon Flowers from The Killers was another surprise.

Now, U2, please come to your senses and stop with the acoustic encores! The acoustic songs are great this year (Wild Horses being the exception) but their placement in the set is just wrong, wrong, wrong. And it hurts more as they replace two of the tour's best songs (Zoo Station & The Fly).

Mofo and Discotheque wouldn't hurt as well. :wink:

Could it be as some people were speculating Larry's tendonitis keeps him from playing too many rock tunes without some kind of an acoustic break?

I seriously want to cry right now :sad: I went to Vegas1, didn't get scanned in the ellipse and got stuck behind 2 very tall people...couldn't see the whole show.

Very long day and night and I was a bit depressed so I decided to sell my tickets for Vegas2. David, I'm happy you got in the ellipse with my ticket, but boy, oh boy..it's going to be tough for me to get over missing this setlist :banghead:

I keep telling myself it's okay, it just wasn't meant for me...

karinlv said:
I seriously want to cry right now :sad: I went to Vegas1, didn't get scanned in the ellipse and got stuck behind 2 very tall people...couldn't see the whole show.

Very long day and night and I was a bit depressed so I decided to sell my tickets for Vegas2. David, I'm happy you got in the ellipse with my ticket, but boy, oh boy..it's going to be tough for me to get over missing this setlist :banghead:

:hug: i had to go home and missed it too :grumpy:

Interesting how some shows have a more AB feel and others a more JT feel and some more "acoustic" and so on.
I doubt this setlist will be used every night, but it is refreshing and inspiring to see it.
I agree with all the pleas for *something* off POP.
love, Anu

Methinks they should have skipped "With Or Without You" and subbed "Even Better Than The Real Thing"

Encores: Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, All Because Of You, In A Little While, Bad

Interesting they did choose to go back, but you know they will always try to mix things up...bring in old tunes, stop, play something from the new album, stop, return to start. Play. It's all about the MOJO man! :D

Yeah oh and "The Fly", "Mysterious Ways", "Zoo Station"----BIG :bow:

karinlv said:

oh my, sorry about that. live and learn. Next time save yourself the agony and get at least one show in the reserved seating. It gives you a break from the hassles of GA and also a different perspective. You would of liked the second show in a reserved seat. Also, if anyone has a choice between 1st and 2nd night, IMHO i would definitely choose night 2 based on this tour's setlists if your looking for variety or surprises.

Last edited:
night 2 was pretty intense, though bono seemed tired.... i missed Walk On from night 1.... and bono spent so little time on the elipse compared to the shows I saw in the Spring, weird. Kinda of a bummer for us floor folks who didn't get into the pit.

Sound mix was much improved over the Spring and the band is so much tighter.

Great night.

karinlv said:

BIG MISTAKE

HUGE

i would be suicidal if i was in vegas and sold my ticket to Vegas2 and missed it

best show of my life, mind blowing

U2.com claims Mysterious Ways was played for the first time since Philadelphia in May.

What a load of bollocks.

Where do they get their information from exactly?

KUEFC09U2 said:
funny that despite the pretty radical shake up in the set, some people still werent happy

:up:

it was the most incredible night.

i feel truly blessed to have been at that show.

i thought this thread would be a celebration, but it's just more complaints.

blech.

Ellay said:
U2.com claims Mysterious Ways was played for the first time since Philadelphia in May.

What a load of bollocks.

Where do they get their information from exactly?

Luckily we all have Interference..otherwise we would think U2 has played Cartoon World at every show this tour :wink:

bonosgirl84 said:

:up:

it was the most incredible night.

i feel truly blessed to have been at that show.

i thought this thread would be a celebration, but it's just more complaints.

blech.
Hey congrats..I would have killed to be at that show!...the setlist was incredible...I am definetly going to look for a bootleg of this one!

I put my review up in the reviews section and on u2tours.com - simply put one of the greatest nights of my life.

I was front and center in the ellipse so if anyone has pics I would be stoked if you would shoot me an email at paulesmith@cox.net. I will be happy to email some of my pics to anyone interested. I got some pretty high quality ones.

theodad said:
night 2 was pretty intense, though bono seemed tired.... i missed Walk On from night 1.... and bono spent so little time on the elipse compared to the shows I saw in the Spring, weird. Kinda of a bummer for us floor folks who didn't get into the pit.

Sound mix was much improved over the Spring and the band is so much tighter.

Great night.
i have now come to the conclusion that the band cannot win, i have heard people say he used the ellipse more that last leg, and how bono was having so much fun etc

Back
Top Bottom