U2.com Members Only Entitled to One Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cmb737 said:
From what I have seen of the "Members" area of U2.com...big whoop. Fan sites are FAR more indepth.

I agree with that part, definitely...
I've avoided saying ot so far as I didn't want to make waves, but I personally am not very impressed with U2.com's forum - this place is much better. Maybe I haven't given Zootopia much of a chance though - I don't often go in there anymore.

Yahweh said:
I think everybody will get the tickets they are looking for no need to worry. Unless U2.com crashes on the day of the presale of course lol

That's what I'm worried about... :huh:

Shono said:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110137&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

We are on the verge of a HUGE fan backlash against U2.com and some offical word from Fan Fare might clear up a lot of this frenzy.

I reckon you might be right there... but I bet that doesn't happen until after all the tickets are gone! Which I can understand.

Last edited:
Guys - if the order process goes down tomorrow morning, it will have pretty much zero to do with u2.com OR FanFire

All the ticketing is being handled by Ticketmaster, that is what I was told.

And its logical, look at the URL:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/09189062371/

All you're doing when you go thru U2.com is getting redirected to Ticketmaster...and if they haven't got their game figured out by now, not much U2/Fanfire/Signatures can do about it really.

Hey.. Does anyone want to sell their U2.com presale code? I'm going for the April 9th in San Jose? I'm just debating on GA tickets $49.50 or seating $160.00. PLEASE HELP ME!

Guys - if the order process goes down tomorrow morning, it will have pretty much zero to do with u2.com OR FanFire

All the ticketing is being handled by Ticketmaster, that is what I was told.

And its logical, look at the URL:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/09189062371/

All you're doing when you go thru U2.com is getting redirected to Ticketmaster...and if they haven't got their game figured out by now, not much U2/Fanfire/Signatures can do about it really.

gabrielvox said:

The rep acknowledged that by NOT purchasing presale tickets tomorrow, you are opening yourself up to the slight risk that there will not be a presale to take advantage of for leg 3.

Well, is she gonna fly me out to see a show? :lmao:

Okay, keeping my code. Let's hope it works out and no new codes are sent out. If they are, then I want to use both on leg 3.

anitram said:
Well, is she gonna fly me out to see a show? :lmao:

Okay, keeping my code. Let's hope it works out and no new codes are sent out. If they are, then I want to use both on leg 3.

I'm not sure you can use both codes for one leg. I'm sure they will kill your old presale code if a new one is issued. And you know, Fanfire reps, those on the help desk they don't make or know the decisions that will be made for the next leg. My guess is that they are assuming that presale codes won't be available for the third leg. In the past 3 American tours (Zoo TV, Popmart and Elevation) presales have been available for second legs in every case...as far as I can remember.

Just been having a go at europe presale; What are reserved or unreserved tickets!!?
Some dates you had to choose from seated or standing, but others were reserved or unreserved.

i wouldnt say its particularly smooth the pre sale.

I selected Unreserved for Manchester assuming it to be Standing, and also with no idea of the costs of tickets.

When coe was accepted and put onto Ticketmaster website I was then only given option of seats (£85 each).

As soon as I tried to return to preivous page to try and make sure I got standing tickets I was kicked out of site. Then when inputing the code next time I was refused as it claimed I had already used the code.

Sent a mail to the site as it says to do and after an hour I finally managed to get in again and got standing tickets for Glasgow instead at £50 a ticket.

No idea whether it was as a result of the e-mail though.

Cant complain though, guaranteed tickets for one gig at least.

Ticketmaster is saying that GA for the 2nd Boston show is gone. Within 10 seconds. This is f'd up.

-Mike

Madison Square garden Ga was also gone after 15 seconds.

The irony of ticketb#s#a#d asking for a verification code allows the scalpers with an insider to get all thos bloody tickets. Far from preventing the automated scalpers, it helps them!!!

I had 3 browser windows open trying to get tickets for the resective NYC area shows. My attempts at MSG were comical...my waiting time kept increasing. Finally they offered me the $165 seats that were far away from the stage. But I was able to snag 2 GA tickets to one of the shows at the Meadowlands, so I'm pretty happy.

I clicked on Chicago immediately at 10am, and was through within 10 seconds only to find out there were no GA. I tried again only to find there were no Club seats for $95. But they did come up with $95 upper deck seats behind the stage, and $165 seats at the side of the stage. Screw that....so much for enough tickets being available for u2.com members.

Still waiting for vancouver

Sounds like the floor tickets are going like crazy. Any idea how tough it is if you're going for the higher price seats. Wouldn't mind some feedback befor I go remortgage my house to scrape enough money together.

I've been trying to get the higher priced seats at msg, without any success...then I tried for anything...still no success...tried for Jersey...yup...you guessed it!! Is the tri-state area sold out already? Does anyone know???

i don't know what the deal is, but i got tix to msg. it took me at least six minutes to get through, i had to settle for upper deck. i was a little disappointed too. i am sure that ticketmaster was inundated with requests. its all luck.:scratch:

What time did you get your tix? I've never even been given the "luxury" of upper deck. I would've settled for almost anything, but it seems like they didn't even have that!!:huh:

packer_edge said:
Does anyone have any idea of how many tickets were actually set aside for the presale?

For the fan club members, or for the scalpers? I'd say about 5% for the fan club, and perhaps 20% for the scalpers, who of course had access to the good tickets.

no, really ...
what's the deal with "the egg" (the heart on Elevation tour)
you get in if you have GA tickets and get there really early, or what?

I think the whole thing, sucked royally. I paid $40 to U2.com for a chance at choice tickets, and the best I could get was section 405 at Madison Square Garden? WTF? F**kin' nosebleed seats?! You mean to tell me that there were no other seats available, in the whooole venue that were better? Even for a U2.com member? BULLSH**!!!! You can have the f**kin' membership card back. All the $40 got me was a f**kin' headache. What a f**kin' rip off! How many members does u2.com have? At $40 a pop, that's a nice little profit, for doing absolutely nothing. Thanks for nothing U2.com. You all can kiss my a$$. U2.com and Ticketbastard, truly a match made in Hell.

I tried for MSG as well... willing to Travel from Toronto, Canada for the show.. seems I had the same fate as you guys!

at 10:19am I tried Boston, and got a 300 level seats. Better than nothing I suppose.. would have loved MSG tix though.

I wonder if we will get another shot at presale when the second US/Canada leg is announced..

B

Back
Top Bottom