Met Daniel Lanois and saw Larry, Adam and Edge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
Went down to HQ today around 11:30am and stayed until 4:30pm. Soon as I arrived I looked over by the carport and there was Daniel Lanois. There were only a few fans around and he came and took pictures with all of us :rockon: Another kind soul.

Then the waiting game began. So I finally wrote on the wall and then I turned and an Audi was pulling into the carpark. A bunch of workers shouted "Edge!". But I didn't get a proper look. I just saw the arse of the car as it entered the park.

Quite awhile later, Larry backed into the car park and then a little silver car, that I think is Adams pulled in.

I was pretty excited by this point. They were there, making music. Awesome feeling.

I met a nice group of Zootopians from Holland and a really friendly bloke from England. At one point, it sounded like there was music coming from HQ. The guy from England said that it sounded really heavy. It did. So I walked up and was writing my message when I turned around and there sitting in a car was a construction worker with metal music turned up loud :giggle: Whoops!

However, after Larry went in there was a faint sound of drumming.

Awesome, awesome awesome!!

:dance:

Congrats RavenBlue. :) I met Daniel Lanois in february, he seemd a really nice guy. :up: Adams car is silver from what I remember last week. :yes: I could hear drumming when i was there aswell. Very faint though, you had to really strain to hear it.

No I haven't yet.. I may not get them up for awhile. Sorry about that, I will get them here eventually :wink:

Today I met Steve Lillywhite, no picture but he was really nice and said Hi and waved to us before going in. Sam also said hello today :)

Okay dokey. The picture is ready for yous to have a gander. I look pretty stunned, don't I? :giggle:

daniellanois.jpg

There were a slew of questions I had to ask him, but of course, all I managed to get out was a "Nice to meet you" as we shook hands and took our respective picture posing position.

He took pictures with everyone, and was very calm and obliging. A real memory for sure. This'll be framed and put up on the wall and it'll be one of those pictures (along with the Dallas one) that I'll look at on a bad day, so I can relive the memories I had of that day, and indeed, all my time at HQ.. and I know that those moments will help the bad times pass much more quickly. :D

Okay dokey. The picture is ready for yous to have a gander. I look pretty stunned, don't I? :giggle:

daniellanois.jpg

There were a slew of questions I had to ask him, but of course, all I managed to get out was a "Nice to meet you" as we shook hands and took our respective picture posing position.

He took pictures with everyone, and was very calm and obliging. A real memory for sure. This'll be framed and put up on the wall and it'll be one of those pictures (along with the Dallas one) that I'll look at on a bad day, so I can relive the memories I had of that day, and indeed, all my time at HQ.. and I know that those moments will help the bad times pass much more quickly. :D

Very cool that you got to meet him. He's really nice, isn't he? I've met him a few times and he's always been kind. He even signed my Taylor acoustic guitar!

Back
Top Bottom