(10-17-2006) U218 Singles - Hunt The Lyric - Fly to Honolulu -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are the official rules from U2.com:

OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES U2 promotion NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.

HOW TO ENTER No purchase is necessary to enter or win the competition. The deadline for receipt of entry is 3rd November 2006.

By entering the competition, entrant consents to receive additional U2 promotional information. All entrants agree to abide by these rules. All entries become the property of Mercury Records Limited.

ELIGIBILITY All entrants and the person accompanying the winner must be at least 18 years of age to be valid and to be able to prove their age. Employees of Mercury Records Limited and its respective parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents are not eligible to enter this competition. Mercury Records Limited and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents are not responsible for any lost, late illegible, incomplete, misdirected or mutilated entries , any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable connections which may limit entrant’s ability to participate in the competition.

SELECTION On 6th November, one winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received and posted on u2.com on Monday 6 November 2006. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All decisions of Mercury Records Limited are final and binding on the entrants in all respects. Winner(s) must be able to travel on the determined dates or an alternative winner will be selected.

PRIZES One prize winner will receive a pair of tickets to see U2 live in Honolulu plus a pair of return economy class air tickets and hotel accomodation. The prize winner will be responsible for all incidental expenses including, but not limited to any food or beverages purchased independent of prize package, tipping and phone calls. All expenses not specifically mentioned as being included in the prize package are excluded and are the responsibility of the winner and the person accompanying the winner. Travel insurance is not included in this prize and shall be the responsibility of the winner and the person accompanying the winner. In the event that U2 cancels or the dates are changed for any reason beyond the control of either U2 or Mercury Records Limited, Mercury Records Limited reserves the right to substitute a different entertainment event without penalty or liability. Entries and prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions are allowed. The winner assumes all responsibility for taxes.

GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the competition if he or she fails to comply with these official rules, as determined in the sole discretion of Mercury Records Limited. Unless prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ and person accompanying the winners’ names and likenesses in all media for publicity purposes without any further compensation. By entering or accepting a prize in the competition, winners agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and to conform to all laws and regulations.

By entering, participants, winners and persons accompanying the winners, agree to release and hold harmless Mercury Records Limited, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives from any damage, injury, death, loss, claim, action, demand or other liability that may arise from their acceptance and/or use of prize or their participation in this promotion, or from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded. Mercury Records Limited is not responsible for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on entry 2) entries, and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer, mobile phone or technical error of any kind. Mercury Records Limited reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this competition should as virus, ‘bug’ or other cause beyond Mercury Records Limited control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the competition. Mercury Records Limited reserves the right to modify the rules of the competition in any way or at any time. This competition shall be governed by English law and by entering the competition all entrants agree that all disputes shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the High Courts of Justice in England.

I think it said :

"ELIGIBILITY This competition is open to any legal resident of the UK (excluding; residents of Ireland)."

before.

But that it got corrected.

wtonis said:
I love these kind of competitions... Last time round in 2000 when you could win tix for the club gig at the Astoria in London, answering the questions was a walk in the park.
I really hope it's more difficult this time.........

I think this is a really neat idea.
I too hope it's not going to be too easy.
But I have a feeling it will be.

wtonis said:
mmmm, first clue and letter was easy to get and to make it all easier, I think I've got the answer to the competition... What about honolulu hawaii?

Maybe even only: Honolulu.

Second letter is already online too.

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:
I think it said :

"ELIGIBILITY This competition is open to any legal resident of the UK (excluding; residents of Ireland)."

before.

But that it got corrected.

I think this is a really neat idea.
I too hope it's not going to be too easy.
But I have a feeling it will be.

Maybe even only: Honolulu.

Second letter is already online too.

Yes it did say UK residents elligible only.

edit: second letter here. http://www.asahi.com/culture/

Last edited:
so if we are in the US, do we only look for the clue on mp3.com? or can we find it on any of the UK sites too? And are the same letters on the different countries sites every day?

sami0201 said:
so if we are in the US, do we only look for the clue on mp3.com? or can we find it on any of the UK sites too? And are the same letters on the different countries sites every day?

i checked on some of the other sites, but didn't find anything mentioning the U2 lyrics hunt thing, let alone lyrics or clues.
yea, i also wonder do we have to check all these different sites everyday, or we can just look the clues up on u2.com, hoping that all of the sites will just have the same thing for us to look for..

so, btw, where do we send in our answers to?
and, just to re-confirm, this is not just for UK residents, right????

I was thinking the answer might be Honolulu too.

But I've changed my mind.

There's just something about the first clue, about the word "shall" actually that has me thinking that the answer is not going to be Honolulu.

Besides wasn't it already said that the letters were supposed to make a sentence.

Where "shall" we go?

Made me think of:

'We shall overcome" - 15 letters
"You shall overcome" - 16 letters

And "we shall overcome" had me thinking about solving (world) problems, which brought me to:

"Love and peace or else" - 18 letters.

Can anyone tell us WHERE to send the answer? Is it enough to send to u2.com by e-mail? How can we registrate to this competition?:rolleyes:

u2wildhoney said:
Can anyone tell us WHERE to send the answer? Is it enough to send to u2.com by e-mail? How can we registrate to this competition?:rolleyes:

It seems like the clues are being revealed gradually over the next two weeks, so they are probably waiting to set up a way to submit your answer because they don't expect people to start submitting responses yet.

Back
Top Bottom