(07-05-2004) Updated: U2 Tour Pre-sales, Fan Club Update - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Official Fan Club, Tour, and Ticket Pre-Sale Update

Ed. Note: Interference has received an update regarding ETS, and also General Admission tickets. Please read below.

According to sources involved with planning U2's next world tour, a new version of U2's fan club, Propaganda, will be run by Signatures Network (fanfire.com), the company that operates U2's official online store. Recently, Interference.com spoke with Terri Panaro of Propaganda to get an update on the long-dormant fan club/publication's status. "U2 is currently working on a way to send members over to their official website," Panaro said. There is currently no word on when Propaganda will mail out a new magazine, although one is expected (and rumored to be the last one) to coincide with the new album. As of press time, we do not yet know if existing subscribers of Propaganda will have to re-join or will be credited the balance of the unfullfilled issues.

For a membership fee, fan club members will be able to participate in an exclusive 3-4 week pre-sale that is scheduled to begin around the Thanksgiving Holiday (US) in November 2004. No word yet on whether previously registered Propaganda members will have to pay this new membership fee to Signatures Network.

U2's next world tour in support of the as-yet-untitled new album is set to start in March 2005 in Miami and will be in arenas, as previously reported by Interference.com. U2's most recent album is 2000's Grammy-award winning "All That You Can't Leave Behind." The last U2 tour - the hugely successful "Elevation" tour - also opened in the Miami metro area.

It was also reported that ETS, the company which offered tour and travel packages during the "Elevation" Tour, has a deal in place with Signatures Network to operate the official fan club party in each city during the tour. Interference has since been informed that as of yet there is no official deal in place with ETS. "Discussions are only at the preliminary phase. We, like everyone else, are very excited about the prospects of a U2 tour, but it's still only wishful thinking," Andrew Levy, VP ETS, told Interference.com.

Updated: We have gotten word that there are plans for GA (General Admission) floor tickets again for this tour. Prices have not yet been discussed.

Please stay tuned to Interference.com for the latest U2 album and tour news.

Last edited:
All of this recent news about the new album winding up and now some concrete tour news . . . I'm so excited that I can hardly sit still!

Thanks for the news!

:happy: :heart: :love: :cool :dance: :hyper:

Alright, so let me get this straight - if this is true, even though I'm not a member of Propaganda (blast it!), I will be able to join this and have access to ticket pre-sales? Otherwise, anyone want to get me tickets to the Atlanta date? I'm really worried about this getting tickets business ...

Axver said:
Alright, so let me get this straight - if this is true, even though I'm not a member of Propaganda (blast it!), I will be able to join this and have access to ticket pre-sales?

Yes, that is how we understand it.

martha said:
I sure hope the ticket part of the website works better than the rest of the thing. :rolleyes:

One would sure hope so.
icon34.gif

In the past Propaganda sent out a list with all upcomming gigs, where all members easily could pick their favourites and order tickets.

The last tour I was able to order 2 tickets in Holland and 2 at Slane! Great service, I surely hope that propaganda (or some other company) will give real fans this benefit!

Big question..Is this new fan club will work via post mail(Like Propaganda was) or only with the band official website(which means i 'll need a credit card) or both ways like Pearl Jam is doing?

I don't have a credit card and i surely won't get one just to get a membership fee.

Last edited:
is this something offical? why would tickets be avaible before a tour announcement??? I dont believe any of this. .non believer at this point.

I see nothing offical on U2.com or any site. Only rumors this all is. Happens every year. Last year the ticket sales started in Jan or Feb. I got my Philly tickets in Feb. for a June show. No tour announcement was until 2001 at that point. I wish stuff would stop leaking out. Fans get to excited only to be let down. Happens every year.

Re-read the article. We clearly state 'According to sources involved with planning U2's next world tour', as well as a quote from Andrew Levy of ETS.

yes I read. Someone is leaking information that hasnt been made offical by u2 yet. That is my point. Every year a rumor comes out. And this one has yet to be offically announced. I dont see how they can put a cd out and announce a world tour all at one time. Especially around the holidays. Also to mention how when fans get their hopes up, only to be let down. Everyone is getting excited right now. But if something else is said that is complete opposite then all will be cursing the band, management etc.. all im saying is dont get your hopes up high. Wait till the band offically announces stuff or bands management would be better words. Cause the band changes stories everytime someone asked them something.

Last edited:
U2 fans (and music fans in general) tend to be information hungry, and are curious even about rumors... it's exciting to know what's being talked about, what may happen... especially when it's coming from 'inside' sources or companies or people involved with the planning.

For instance, if we never talked about when the tour is going to be, people wouldnt have a heads up on saving money, planning tentative time off, see friends, etc.

If you like to wait for Paul McGuinness to say it, that's fine, but a lot of people do like the buzz. To each his/her own...

I agree that November is too early to put tickets on sale for a tour that begins in March. However, it did say the fanclub pre-sale would be about 3-4 weeks, which would put the public onsale date in about January, which is when the Elevation dates went on sale. This is just for fans like us to get a head start to get the seats we want for the shows we want, and so that we don't have to buy tickets to multiple shows all at once. I believe this could very well be true, and if it is.... then this is awesome.

:yes: :up: Oh YES~! I agree with Elvis-always best to 'be Prepared' when it comes to U2*!!:hyper: ;) i.e., save $$ for tickets, fares, hotel res.,etc.., And, the more advanced notice, the better!:wink: I don't like scrambling around at the last minute!!:huh:

Back
Top Bottom