(05-04-2005) U2 Hopes for Quick End to Bulls/Wizards Series -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Hopes for Quick End to Bulls/Wizards Series

Even though they're not American, the members of U2 and their Vertigo Tour crew are hoping for a quick end to the NBA playoff series between the Chicago Bulls and the Washington Wizards.

In his latest diary entry, coming to us from London, Willie Williams discusses the logistics of having the series, currently tied 2-2, go to a game seven in Chicago.

"Word is that the Bulls lost last night, going 2-2 and therefore increasing the likelihood of our having to load out between the first two Chicago shows. Uh-oh. Concentrate everyone, win or lose, we need the series over in six games."

Game five of this first-to-four series will be held tonight in Chicago. Game six, the one all Vertigo personnel will watch with fevered anticipation, will be held Friday in Washington.

Fingers crossed for the Vertigo crew that one of the teams will sweep these next two games!

Bulls have been playing excellent this season and I am sorry but I think that the majority of Chicago would rather have the Bulls win in 7 then the U2 tour staff being happy...from what ive seen it only takes a few hours to put the stage together anyway so I dont know really what they are concerned about.

There's no way anyone could have predicted Da Bulls would have made it this far, let alone known how the NBA was gonna lay out the schedule for the post season. With the players they added during the offseason, they didn't look to be that improved. I see this thing going 7 games and I see the U2 tour workers seriously earning their keep to accommodate this.

No longer a concern. The Wiz took charge of the series, winning G5 in Chicago tonight. they can eliminate da Bullsss in DC Friday night. I don't see a game 7.

you people are nuts... they wouldn't have canceled a show, they just would have had to load the staging out of the arena before the game, then load it all back in.

been done plenty of times before with other arenas. the bulls just would have played with the vertigo tour lighting rigs still attached to the rafters high above the floor. no big deal.

but the wizards won, so now they can just leave all the shit on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom