(04-02-2005) Third Show Full of Changes -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Third Show Full of Changes

U2's show last night at the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim saw the band completely switching up the Vertigo set list and adding new visual elements.

Click here for Interference.com's full review of the April 1st concert. For U2.com's coverage, click here. In the meantime, the set list:

Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
Beautiful Day
Pride
Where the Streets Have no Name
One
(short break)
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation
Mysterious Ways
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
All Because of You
Yahweh
"40"

Last edited:
I definitely like this setlist better- It's stronger and more unified from start to finish and I hope they use it often (of course with the natuaral tweaks that they are going to make....)

Yeah, the lack of Boy songs and "Gloria" is a bit of a bummer, but I would love to see this set as well. I'm estatic about seeing "Mysterious Ways" back in the set. Yeah I know, another greatest hit, but who cares? I LOVE that song....:wink:

Achtung love is all up in it....

I hope they change the set list every nite. So when i go see em i'll have no ideal whats next. Cool!. Makes it more interesting

interesting setlist, u2 are really far from the classic setlists they used to offer in past tours. i think this is the right formula to make the complete triumph out of this tour, u2 are on the road of their best ever ever tour

Hooraaay!! A greatest hits setlist with stuff from the new album thrown in!!! I can't WAIT to go and see U2 perform all the songs I've already heard on their live videos!

Ok I was at this show and let me tell you that although I loved the setlist,it seemed that Bono was performing some of the older songs in his rehearsal voice.Love and Peace was excellent followed by Sunday Bloody Sunday which did nto sound good as it usually does.Pride and Running to stand still although I was glad to listen to the latter were rushed.New Years day sounded great but again sounded rushed.I really hated I still have not found what I am looking for as it never sounds great live. Anyhow I loved YAWHEH with the acoustic guitar and I wished they dropped Elevation.Mysterious ways sounded great along with Zoo station,but I wish they set it and do it like the way they did in Zoo tv instead of rushing through it.My ONLY Problem was they rushed through their songs and Bono was not tlaking as much as he used to.I like to hear Bono speak call me crazy or not. But otherwise a great show .I am seeing them again at Staples on Tuesday,will report back to you then

Re: reply

Well during the short break if you are talking about the audience,they dont do anything but shout for more. As for U2 during this show in Anaheim,Bono just said be back in a bit and they were still on stage with the lights off and came back in 1 minute.During other shows during Elevation the lights were off for a minute and then some video with Charlton Heston came on before the band came back on stage.Hope that answers your question a bit.

Back
Top Bottom