Hits Week 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
come on U.S. an increase on last week please :), even though there was a big drop in the UK the sales were actually very very good :) and it has now toped 1m sales and if well on course to beat ATYCLB

15.42%

#37 U2 with 3,478

# 1 50 CENT 181,089 - THE MASSACRE
# 2 JENNIFER LOPEZ 23,815 - REBIRTH

How has 50 Cent sold so many?
Its absolutely disgusting, why would any1 buy his album, he is absolutley S%1T !!, looks like hes gonna sell over 1 million in the US alone this week. that bloke deserves death! :mad:

Look at the news section on Hits...

Read the news section on Hits...50 cent is going to sell closer to 2 million in the debut week, pissing off J. Lo as they moved his release date up and she has no chance of reaching the top spot. One crap album defeats another...:yuck:

I dont understand how all these black rappers are so popular, especially in america. people buy their records because of their 'bling' not because of the music.

2 million in its 1st week in the US alone, U2 only sold 1.85 million worldwide in their 1st week!
2 million in the US would surely be 1 of the fastest selling albums of all time?

Glad to be off by a million for crap music...

Oh, you're right. I couldn't stomach reading the article about the 50 cent album and must have saw 1.2 and gagged harder assuming I saw 2.1 as I tried to spead read through it.

The album should take a free fall after this week, unless another one in his entourage, or maybe 50 cent himself, gets shot again. That usually spikes gangsta rap sales.

Last edited:
Re: Glad to be off by a million for crap music...

beLIEve said:
The album should take a free fall after this week, unless another one in his entourage, or maybe 50 cent himself, gets shot again. That usually spikes gangsta rap sales.

I bet the whole shooting incident was fixed just to grab attention for the album release.
Hopefully 50 Cent will be shot through the head, and do us all a favour!

28.88% in and HTDAAB, not in the top 50!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Glad to be off by a million for crap music...

ybird3k said:

I bet the whole shooting incident was fixed just to grab attention for the album release.
Hopefully 50 Cent will be shot through the head, and do us all a favour!

28.88% in and HTDAAB, not in the top 50!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
ouch now that is pretty bad :( i havent seem them drop out of the top 50 on hits before :(

will we see an increase that same week? or will we have to wait a week? does the RnR HOF get much attention in the states?

I don't know what kind of attention RnR HOF gets. I mean it's in the news already, but it will be on all news networks and papers when Bruce actually does the induction and if there is a performance. One concern I had was that if U2 does release a DVD boxset dating back to the 80's & 90's, the Albums that will benefit might be their two "Best Of's", and not necessarily HTDAAB. It certainly won't hurt sales, and it's timed just before the start of the tour, which might give them some momentum.

As for this week, U2 was at 37 before falling out of the Top 50. They finish strong usually, so it still has a chance at getting back into the Top 50 and even doing better than last week. I feel confident that BB will still have HTDAAB in the Top 50.

U2 as a band have now offically come full circle in america...they started off selling more live then they did in album sales and then the album sales and live were about equal for 10 years or so and now they are back to being a bigger live band then album sales. Simple as that.

beLIEve said:
I don't know what kind of attention RnR HOF gets. I mean it's in the news already, but it will be on all news networks and papers when Bruce actually does the induction and if there is a performance. One concern I had was that if U2 does release a DVD boxset dating back to the 80's & 90's, the Albums that will benefit might be their two "Best Of's", and not necessarily HTDAAB. It certainly won't hurt sales, and it's timed just before the start of the tour, which might give them some momentum.

As for this week, U2 was at 37 before falling out of the Top 50. They finish strong usually, so it still has a chance at getting back into the Top 50 and even doing better than last week. I feel confident that BB will still have HTDAAB in the Top 50.
am just glad of someones confidence

Yahweh said:
U2 as a band have now offically come full circle in america...they started off selling more live then they did in album sales and then the album sales and live were about equal for 10 years or so and now they are back to being a bigger live band then album sales. Simple as that.

but were U2 selling more live during POPMART in the USA than their album pop sold there?

I think that HTDAAB is almost guarenteed to be in the top 50, when 100% of sales are in, the albums just too good not to be!

Hopefully the Hall of Fame will give a boost, though i cant see it doing too much, and all the tour will probly do is stabilise sales.

U2 NEED A BIG HIT SINGLE!!!!

I would love to see U2 at #1 or even in the top 30 id be happy, it certainly is disappointing for me but at the same time certainly not unexpected.

They need a hit single thats correct but the only way to get one is to bombard radio with phonecalls and emails...which is what people did here for Vertigo.

Yahweh said:
I would love to see U2 at #1 or even in the top 30 id be happy, it certainly is disappointing for me but at the same time certainly not unexpected.

They need a hit single thats correct but the only way to get one is to bombard radio with phonecalls and emails...which is what people did here for Vertigo.

then dont you think we should organize interference to support SYCMIOYO? we could put up a thread where people could say where they are living, then we could divide them into regional task forces and they could support the single wherever they live, through phone calls/emails, on their local radio. that would be pretty awesome. if we say half of our 30000 members are american, and around 1/4th (very conservative estimate) of those are occasional viewers/contributors, we have around 2000 people at our disposal. i bet U2s marketing doesnt have that kind of resources!

lets do it!

I agree we need some organization to do it and put one of those Important things on the front of it and have it posted in all the forums.

when is the video release in the US?
thats also gonna be very important, it needs to be released as soon as possible

I know the CD singles come out in Canada tomorrow but im not sure if the US video release is the same day or not.

lets devise a plan to do this then. who is with me?:wink:

PODB is THE place to start such an effort

Back
Top Bottom