NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
250px-DSC_0340_Kevin_Kolb_%282%29.jpg

:sad:

Is he going to make me want to start watching cardinals games again?

I am going to change my attitude towards Jay Cutler. I mean, the guy was legitimately hurt, but didn't whine about it when everyone bashed him, he has talent and he did lead the Bears to the Conference Championship. So yes, I am a Cutler fan and will be until he is not a Chicago Bear.

I am going to change my attitude towards Jay Cutler. I mean, the guy was legitimately hurt, but didn't whine about it when everyone bashed him, he has talent and he did lead the Bears to the Conference Championship. So yes, I am a Cutler fan and will be until he is not a Chicago Bear.

count me as one person that was very simpathetic towards Jay. for his sake, i hope he worked on his body language in the off season. i really do feel that it's the root of why the public hung him after the NFCCG.

Yes.

Rex Grossman - 26/38, 295 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
John Beck - 14/17, 140 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INT

If Beck has another extremely competent game, the gap could close. Especially if Rex contributes nothing but a pick and lets the running game do the rest.

Personally, I like that Rex actually threw a TD. We haven't had those in years.

I think...wait for it...this is gonna be a good one...

You guys should totally go with Grossman.

Thanks for posting that, philk. Actually had a friend recommend that article to me the other day but I completely forgot about it until now. I had a subscription to SI for a while when I was younger, not anymore.

I subscribe for the gifts every now and then and the pretty awesome pictures at the beginnings each issue.

Rex Grossman - 26/38, 295 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
John Beck - 14/17, 140 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INT

If Beck has another extremely competent game, the gap could close. Especially if Rex contributes nothing but a pick and lets the running game do the rest.

Personally, I like that Rex actually threw a TD. We haven't had those in years.

You don't want John Beck starting your games, trust me.

^
indeed :up:

and oh look, another giants season begins with a rash of injuries at a key position... last year it's the WR's, this year it's the cornerbacks.

the mets and giants both have the hospital for special surgery as their "official medical partners." i'm beginning to think they should fire the hospital for special surgery.

Go Vikings (hence the colors of my avatar, hit hint :wink:)! I love 'em to death, even though they really haven't shown much output recently. Or ever.

God I fucking hate ESPN.

Rush Limbaugh making an asinine comment on Sunday countdown made criticism of Donovan McNabb verboten for years. Now they're doing the same damned thing with Michael Vick.

Two words for anyone who thinks criticism of quarterbacks who are athletes instead of pocket passers is racist ... Tim Tebow, the whitest fucking person on the face of the planet.

Rex Grossman had a very solid game against one of the strongest defenses in the league on Thursday. I'm thinking this competition is over. I'm terrified of him being at the helm, but there's no doubt that these are good numbers after a game's worth of play against what were largely 1st string and occasionally 2nd string defenses:

34/54, 407 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT

God I fucking hate ESPN.

Rush Limbaugh making an asinine comment on Sunday countdown made criticism of Donovan McNabb verboten for years. Now they're doing the same damned thing with Michael Vick.

Two words for anyone who thinks criticism of quarterbacks who are athletes instead of pocket passers is racist ... Tim Tebow, the whitest fucking person on the face of the planet.
I completely agree. Limbaugh was the best thing to happen to McNabb's perception, nationally. No one said a bad word about from then until midway through last year with Washington.

It's all part of Bill's grand scheme to lull his opponents to sleep by thinking they aren't as good as people thought they were.

Or so I hope.

Bill in some ways may be pleased with the team's (O-line most specifically) abysmal play Saturday...now he can beat the snot out of them in practice...they were probably feeling a bit too good about themselves after the first 2 preseason games...now notsomuch.

brady's a sitting duck back there... everyone knows it. teams that can put pressure on the QB without sending the house can have a lot of success against the pats. it's what the giants did... it's how the jets were able to win the playoff game. of course the big reason why the jets were able to pressure brady is because shaun ellis had a monster first half and then the jets just hung on for dear life in the 2nd, and now he
s a patriot, and sexy rexy did nothing to replace him and still has a very weak pass rush.

brady's a sitting duck back there... everyone knows it. teams that can put pressure on the QB without sending the house can have a lot of success against the pats.

He's still pretty good at sidestepping edge rushers. Getting pressure up the middle is the key.

Usually the Pats try to counter this by running a bunch of screens, but I can only remember them doing it a few times against the Lions, and one of those times Donkey Kong Suh ran over two interior linemen and blew it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom