NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex doesn't have much to lose at this point, so might as well start pretending like he's totally confident in his team and (hahaha) his ability to lead this offense.

I'm more interested in what Beck's got. I think we all have Grossman figured out at this point.

I think our defense is good enough to give us a decent shot at .500, assuming our QB is competent. However, I know Grossman isn't, so Beck is the man as far as I'm concerned. Might as well throw him in if there's absolutely no chance of a playoff appearance anyway.

Fuck, I sound like a Lions fan haggling between Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton.

agreed Lemon. you don't know what you have with Beck, and you know what you have in Grossman. when you're really not expected to be a SuperBowl contender, it's better to go with the unknown and hope lightning strikes!

I look at the Steve Smith signing as a bad sign regarding Maclin's health. Hope the guy is okay.

Logan Mankins just signed a six-year deal with the Pats. So much for him having his honor eternally insulted by Robert Kraft or whatever.

It annoys the shit out of me that he signed with Philly, but reality is he might not even be ready to play till midseason, and is even a risk once he returns. Microfracture is serious business, especially for a football player.

Exactly! :up:

Shitty way to leave the team. I hope the Karma police bust his ass this season. :angry:

my prediction is that Philly will be the team talked about the most all season while the Packers quitely go 14-2 and crush the Eagles 41-10 in the NFC Championship Game.

for the record, the Eagles are my 2nd favorite team so i'm gearing up for what is hopefully a very enjoyable season. :D

my prediction is that Philly will be the team talked about the most all season while the Packers quitely go 14-2 and crush the Eagles 41-10 in the NFC Championship Game.

for the record, the Eagles are my 2nd favorite team so i'm gearing up for what is hopefully a very enjoyable season. :D

I'm not sure what to make of the Eagles' off-season moves. Six months after Green Bay demonstrates that you can win a championship as a virtual non-participant in free agency (and with a bunch of back ups in key roles at that - Starks, Bulaga, Bishop, Zombo/Walden, Peprah, etc), Philadephia goes all in in the free agent market and stacks the team with talent. It might work out spectacularly, it might turn out to be a huge flop. I'm sceptical, since one month seems like a pretty short time in which to turn a slew of free agents into a cohesive unit.

Y'all ready for a lot of touchbacks?

What I really want to see is good kickers hitting the ball high in the air so that it lands inside the 5 and return teams downing the ball inside the 20.

speedracer said:
What I really want to see is good kickers hitting the ball high in the air so that it lands inside the 5 and return teams downing the ball inside the 20.

Technically it would be a live ball. I do see a strategy of trying to pin teams back inside the 20 for sure though,

One (another?) downside to the new kickoff rule: short field goals become slightly more valuable (as opposed to going for it on fourth down), because the ensuing kickoff after a made FG is more valuable, though it may not be a huge difference and I doubt many coaches are going to care that much. I'm sure Ernie Adams is on it though.

All I've learned from today is that despite who was on defense, Matt Moore is arguably a better option as starter than Chad Henne for the Miami Dolphins.

The Eagles' moves have been almost uniformly great. It's just a damn shame they're going with Michael Vick. I can't see a Super Bowl with him at QB.

As much as it blows being stuck watching the Bears, I did miss the sight of Cutler being driven into the turf.

Jay gets a lot of practice leaving games early with a sour look on his face in the preseason. He'll know what to do when it counts.

EDIT: Their special teams are RIDICULOUS. Knox is the only spark in their starting offense tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom