The Post-Rock Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread shouldn't die.

I've been listening to God Is An Astronaut and Caspian today and felt compelled to bump it up.

I should have had Far From Refuge on my best of 2007 list. I don't know what I was thinking, because it's so beautiful.

No, it should not.

God Is An Astronaut and Caspian are both fantastic!!

Caspian's EP, You Are the Conductor, is absolutely amazing. It flows perfectly from song to song, and "Last Rites," which closes the album, has made me tear up on multiple occasions.

I agree, You Are The Conductor is incredible. It really is perfect.

Their regular album, The Four Trees, I thought was ok, but not as good as the EP. It seems to lose its way a bit. But I love some of the tracks still, especially Moksha.

Caspian is from Massachusetts, just south of me, and they play around the area all the time, so I'm going to have to check them out soon.

I thought the same. Maybe the length threw me off a little with The Four Trees. It's harder to make a full length that is just as perfect as You Are the Conductor.

I think they just played a show in Boston, and they're now headed out for a spring tour. Unfortunately, nothing around me. :sad:

Far From Refuge was my second favorite album of last year, absolutely amazing

they're musicians in all the extention of the word

I will be seeing Explosions in the Sky in a month. :up:

According to the news section of their website, Mogwai is in their final month of recording a new album and will be mixing it next month and hopefully finished with it by summer. :up:

MOGWAI IS BETTER THAN YOUR FAVORITE BAND

onebloodonelife said:
I'm seeing Explosions in about a month as well. Absolutely can't wait! :hyper:

highfivestrangers.jpg

Your Hand On Mine, onebloodonelife.

Last edited:
A city near a magical(stinky) lake of salt. Despite what Explosions say, this part of the earth is definitely a cold dead place.

u2popmofo said:
A city near a magical(stinky) lake of salt. Despite what Explosions say, this part of the earth is definitely a cold dead place.

:up:

Gotcha. It's alright, I have to go to the ever yucky industrial city that is known as Milwaukee.

u2popmofo said:

According to the news section of their website, Mogwai is in their final month of recording a new album and will be mixing it next month and hopefully finished with it by summer. :up:

I think I just had a little orgasm

I've loved Mogwai, EITS, and Sigur Ros for awhile but lately have become really interested in the genre, getting into more bands like Do Make Say Think, God is An Astronaut, and Caspian.

Can't wait for EITS in April, and hope that Mogwai comes back to the US.

powerhour24 said:
I've loved Mogwai, EITS, and Sigur Ros for awhile but lately have become really interested in the genre, getting into more bands like Do Make Say Think, God is An Astronaut, and Caspian.

Can't wait for EITS in April, and hope that Mogwai comes back to the US.

I came into the genre the same way, minus the Sigur Ros. Check out afterthepostrock.com. They have an amazing downloads section, where people post leaked albums, take requests, pretty much anything you can think of, it's up there or can be put up. It's a really great way to find new bands or get more into bands you already love.

for post-rock news I recommend: thesilentballet.com

I forgot my user name on afterthepostrock

also, lol

talking about, Gregor Samsa is releasing new album, I recommend their split with Red Sparowes

someone here knows Baroness? they're any good?

I think they are post-metal, like Red Sparowes and Russian Circles

Jack In The Box said:
someone here knows Baroness? they're any good?

Their "red album" would have probably made my "favorites of 2007 list" if I'd heard it last year. I really like the album. Admittedly, I see more similarities to groups like Mastodon than post-rock, but it's still a really good record.

I've been listening to a lot of This Will Destroy You and This is a Process of a Still Life lately. :rockon:

onebloodonelife said:
I've been listening to a lot of This Will Destroy You and This is a Process of a Still Life lately. :rockon:

for some reason, I can't get into This Is A Process...

I like them, but not as I like another post-rock bands

I have been stuck on Tristeza the last 2 weeks or so

I've been semi-lurking in this thread and have checking out some God Is an Astronaut and This Will Destroy you and really enjoyed both of them.

I still can't get over This Will Destroy you, probably for the name alone.

Jack In The Box said:

for some reason, I can't get into This Is A Process...

I like them, but not as I like another post-rock bands

I have been stuck on Tristeza the last 2 weeks or so

I tend to listen to This is a Process...when I'm going to sleep or riding the bus on a particularly gloomy day (of which we've had many recently) since they have that more ambient sound in a lot of their songs.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I've been semi-lurking in this thread and have checking out some God Is an Astronaut and This Will Destroy you and really enjoyed both of them.

I still can't get over This Will Destroy you, probably for the name alone.

Glad you found a couple new bands, and yes, This Will Destroy You's name is pretty much amazing.

Back
Top Bottom