Random Music Talk CXXXI: Interference Finally Gets Its Revenge on Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utah is Joe Ingles country. I'm assuming there are statues all along the road from Beaver to SLC.

Hell yeah. Would love to meet up. It might be the Jazz first home game on the 24th or 25th. NBA hasn't released the schedule yet, but opening night is Oct 24th.

That sounds sick! Love to!

I've really not dived into Van Morrison much, only know one of the best ofs, and this is one of the later tracks on that record, and I love this song so very very much. The horns are to die for, his singing is angelic, the guitar riff is magic, it's so heavenly.

I love that Twitter account a lot.

I stumbled upon this hilarious article today, about Murder Most Foul and Rough and Rowdy Ways, from the 'National Review', an obvious right-wing bore.

“Murder Most Foul” offers a cultural and moral history lesson that Black Lives/Antifa don’t know, a lesson that the movement’s enablers — those desperate, still agnostic Sixties liberals — conveniently disregard.

That’s why even Dylan’s devout followers are in denial about the obvious contemporary allusion in “Murder Most Foul.” It is clearly a Trump song, an epic poem that summarizes the self-annihilating resentment amassed in the anger of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
It’s Dylan’s easiest-to-like album since Slow Train Coming, and secular liberals excoriated him for that, too.
The second-best thing Dylan did this year was inspire the title of Morrissey’s album I Am Not A Dog on a Chain (from Dylan’s “Only a Pawn in Their Game”). In turn, “My Own Version of You” and “I’ve Made Up My Mind to Give Myself to You” seem influenced by Morrissey. Consider how Dylan’s “Key West (Philosopher Pirate)” song references pirate radio stations — the alternative media we all long for in the wake of Silicon Valley’s shadow-banning conservative speech.

That last paragraph may have been written by redhill.

i keep trying to think of something to write about this but everything i can think of sounds too trite for such a legend.

he'll be missed.

What are the reliably, non-gougey ticket resale websites over yonder? I wanna get a ticket to see Nick Cave at the Orpheum (still plenty of tix available, but I'd prefer one of the cheaper seats which aren't), just tried StubHub and cunts are fucking selling $100 tickets for like 3 grand. Surely people don't buy these.

What are the reliably, non-gougey ticket resale websites over yonder? I wanna get a ticket to see Nick Cave at the Orpheum (still plenty of tix available, but I'd prefer one of the cheaper seats which aren't), just tried StubHub and cunts are fucking selling $100 tickets for like 3 grand. Surely people don't buy these.

Seatgeek is the best option. I saw some on there for $120 before fees.

The seller chooses the price. Stubhub/SeetGeek/VividSeats/etc. are all just middle-man markets. They collect a commission. None of them are going to stand out from one another, and your best bet is to just check them all.

That's wild. We have an awesome website here in Australia that has nailed it - it caps the resale price at 10% above face value. And you always know you're getting a genuine ticket too.

qU6j7D.gif

Last edited:
Just listened to Lifes Rich Pageant. Not my thing. The only songs that maybe generated enough interest for a second listen were Cuyahoga and Swan Swan H.

Personally, I find Pageant somewhat overrated in the R.E.M. catalogue.
That side one (+ I Believe) is all gold .
Side two suffers too much from the pairing of What If We Give It Away and Just A Touch, which still feel like unfinished demo's.

Yeah it's not top tier, but some good stuff on it, especially side 1.
Begin the Begin is great, and much better live than studio.

Love this performance:

I got married Saturday. My 14 year old daughter and 6 year old son performed a Foo Fighters song with the band at the reception. That's all. [emoji3590]

I got married Saturday. My 14 year old daughter and 6 year old son performed a Foo Fighters song with the band at the reception. That's all. [emoji3590]

congrats!

you picked a great time of year to get married. my one year anniversary was yesterday. :hi5:

congrats!

you picked a great time of year to get married. my one year anniversary was yesterday. :hi5:
Nice! Congrats to you as well! Great time of the year indeed. We celebrated our day at a vineyard, 82 degrees and sunny!

New Sufjan! That’s a nice surprise. I love the single - absolutely gorgeous. The fact that they are announcing it as his first singer songwriter album since C&L makes me VERY excited.

New Sufjan! That’s a nice surprise. I love the single - absolutely gorgeous. The fact that they are announcing it as his first singer songwriter album since C&L makes me VERY excited.

Ohhh! I’m excited to hear it. C&L is still one of my fav albums of 2010’s.

Congrats Mikal. As a big Foo fan, I’m sure that is a moment you will always remember.

All the congrats Mikal, you deserve it. How wonderful.

Love that new Sufjan song, so excited for a new record. Love the cover. It kind of feels like everyone has forgotten everything in between Carrie & Lowell and this new record, which is a shame. There's a lot of great stuff - Visions of Gideon, Back to Oz, Wallowa Lake Monster (which kinda proves Sufjan partly designed C+L as a knowing wink to the 50 states project) are my favourites. I think The Ascension is incredibly bloated but you can make a killer EP out of it. Hopefully he tours again too.

sufjan-stevens-javelin.jpeg

Pappy's killer The Ascension EP:
Make Me an Offer I Cannot Refuse
Video Game
Sugar
The Ascension
America

All the congrats Mikal, you deserve it. How wonderful.

Love that new Sufjan song, so excited for a new record. Love the cover. It kind of feels like everyone has forgotten everything in between Carrie & Lowell and this new record, which is a shame. There's a lot of great stuff - Visions of Gideon, Back to Oz, Wallowa Lake Monster (which kinda proves Sufjan partly designed C+L as a knowing wink to the 50 states project) are my favourites. I think The Ascension is incredibly bloated but you can make a killer EP out of it. Hopefully he tours again too.

sufjan-stevens-javelin.jpeg

Pappy's killer The Ascension EP:
Make Me an Offer I Cannot Refuse
Video Game
Sugar
The Ascension
America
Thank you friend!

Back
Top Bottom