Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhhhhhhh

That felt good. God, but I still miss Tower on Friday nights like this. But, for the first time since Tower left me, I was able to listen to a cd I'd never seen before and just buy it.

Tonight's purchases:

Madlib--Beat Conducta Vol. 3-4: India (the one I only just heard tonight)
Kanye West--Graduation (15 clams, but I had a coupon)
Sly and the Family Stone--Greatest Hits
Gorillaz--Gorillaz
Velvet Underground--& Nico
Charlie Christian--The Original Guitar Hero

My 1st visit to Amoeba records on Sunset Blvd, Hollywood last night. :ohmy:

I got the vinyl U218 import. Also on vinyl Wide Awake in America and the ISHFWILF single.

I need to go back there. :drool:

I was extremely tempted to get Vedder's Into The Wild along with Popmart but didn't. Saved some monies till I read reviews.

Zootlesque said:
I was extremely tempted to get Vedder's Into The Wild along with Popmart but didn't. Saved some monies till I read reviews.

Get it! It's more musings on the protagonist's life/situation than fully developed songs, but there are some gems.

The Flaming Lips-At War With the Mystics (2 disc edition w/ DVD and 5.1 surround sound)

The Flaming Lips-Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (2 disc edition w/ DVD and 5.1 surround sound)

Bruce Springsteen-The Rising

Daft Punk-Discovery

Sufjan Stevens-Illinois

Radiohead-OK Computer

Kanye West-The College Dropout

Total: $61.81 :drool:

The Beatles - Please Please Me
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
The Beatles - Let it Be

I now have everything from Rubber Soul on, but my early Beatles collection is sorely slim. I really prefer their middle period, from Rubber Soul through Magical Mystery Tour and the White Album, to anything in their catalog. Abbey Road is quite good, but I never could get into much of Let it Be, despite owning it on vinyl. I've been listening to Let it Be. . . Naked lately, though, and figured it would be a good time to start working to complete my collection since there are sales everywhere on Beatles stuff to capitalize on Across the Universe.

Scot Walker & The Walker Brothers - No Regrets, the best of (1965 - 1976)
Al Green - Love & Happiness, the very best of
Jaco Pastorius - The essential

Ray Charles - The Genius Of...

I found it for free online! Only had to pay for shipping. So I guess that technically makes it € 2,00. :D

Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
Broken Social Scene Presents: Kevin Drew - Spirit If...

Depeche Mode - Music For The Masses :drool:
Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies... at the local grocery store for $5.99 :lol: :drool:

Zootlesque said:

Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies... at the local grocery store for $5.99 :lol: :drool:

That one is the first CD that I ever owned, and remains among the best.

My most recent acquisition: Elton John- The Complete Thom Bell Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom