Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - Once (Soundtrack)
Various - Instant Karma (iTunes extended edition)
Sean Lennon - Friendly Fire
The National - Alligator

powerhour24 said:
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - Once (Soundtrack)

:drool:
(although I still need to buy that one :reject: )

me:
The Frames - The Cost
Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - The Swell Season

Bought those at the concert of The Frames. Very intense and very good! :up:

Last edited:
Wings Of Desire Soundtrack

Morrissey - Your Arsenal

total= $13.05

I'm so sad Sam the Record Man is closing but the sale was amazing. :drool:

Popmartijn said:

:drool:
(although I still need to buy that one :reject: )

me:
The Frames - The Cost
Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - The Swell Season

Bought those at the concert of The Frames. Very intense and very good! :up:

Yeah Once has definitely convinced me to check out the Frames. I'm not sure how different Swell Season is, most of the songs are the same, although I don't know if they're different recordings.

Have you seen the movie?

powerhour24 said:
Yeah Once has definitely convinced me to check out the Frames. I'm not sure how different Swell Season is, most of the songs are the same, although I don't know if they're different recordings.

Have you seen the movie?

Yeah, I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago. It was an advance screening and afterwards there was a Q&A with the director and with Glen Hansard. Glen even performed a couple of songs! :drool:
And yes, Once also convinced me to check out The Frames. I heard/saw them last year at a festival, but wasn't too impressed. But they were awesome last night. :up:

First off, iTunes delivered Kelly Clarkson's new album today and it is amazing.:rockon:

In terms of purchases today,
What's Going On-Marvin Gaye
Red Dirt Girl-EmmyLou Harris
American Doll Posse-Tori Amos

COBL_04 said:
Automatic for the pplz

One of my favorite REM albums. In fact, I think it was their last one that I really loved.

I hit my favorite indie shop in my friend's town today before I head home tomorrow. The Beatles were one of their artists of the months, so they had some great sales. I picked up:

The Beatles--Rubber Soul and Abbey Road
Pink Floyd--Wish You Were Here
U2--Walk On single (used for $2)

I had probably four or five more CDs in my stack, but I figured I'd better try to show a little restraint :reject:

I for one loved New Adventures in Hi-Fi even more, one of the most fitting album titles ever considering the sound and history of the album.

Just grabbed:
The Cinematics - "A Strange Education"
The National - "Pretty Songs for Dirty Lovers"

I went into town to try to get tickets for Cake and Crowded House, but both concerts are sold out. :grumpy:
Instead, I spent some money on CDs:

R.E.M. - Out Of Time
Temple Of The Dog - S/T
Paul Weller - Wild Wood
V/A - Make Some Noise: The Campaign To Save Darfur

And I also saw the Pearl Jam boxset, but I didn't buy that one. 45 euro is quite a lot of money...

R.E.M. - Lifes Rich Pageant

I always had a few of the songs from LRP here and there, but I finally decided to buy the complete album.

Begin The Begin, These Days, I Believe:drool:

powerhour24 said:
I for one loved New Adventures in Hi-Fi even more, one of the most fitting album titles ever considering the sound and history of the album.

:heart: This is my current favourite album, thanks to New Test Leper, Leave, Be Mine ... :drool:

I got "The Invisible Band" by Travis the other day :yes: but because I've been on my NAIHF kick, I haven't listened to it past "Side" which came up on my ipod!

powerhour24 said:
Pearl Jam's Gorge Box Set :drool:

Oh man! I so wanna get that one but not sure if I want to shell out 40 bucks right now. The song list is absolutely stunning on those CDs! :drool:

Anyway, I got these recently, mostly in used but good condition...

Depeche Mode - Ultra
Madonna - Bedtime Stories
Genesis - Genesis
Bon Jovi - These Days
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon (original version before remaster - just for the superior cover art) :drool: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom