Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's pretty fucking close to perfect, honestly. When your least favourite song on the album is the centrepiece (Runaway), you know you've got an all-time favourite.

If we're talking about the single edit then sure. But it starts getting bloated after about the four-minute mark. Hell of a Life has wicked lyrics and a huge beat, Blame Game samples Aphex Twin, John Legend sounds great and the skit's pretty damn funny.

Bloated, maybe. Vulnerable, unique and real, absolutely. The harsh distortion on each inhalation sounds awesome and makes you feel you're in the room with Ye. The autotune is so much more intimate than a guitar solo would have been and provides a personal moment with listeners in the center of one of the most cinematic records in recent memory. Bold choices like that are what make Kanye such a renowned artist.

I don't like the track as much as DIAND, Power, AOTL or LITW, but it's worth all of the hype. The album is just that good.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong here, I love the song and the reasons you listed there are all totally valid and pretty true. It's just that it's my least favourite on what is an all-time great album.

The autotune is so much more intimate than a guitar solo would have been and provides a personal moment with listeners in the center of one of the most cinematic records in recent memory. Bold choices like that are what make Kanye such a renowned artist.

Clearly you're wrong and the only reason Kanye uses so much autotune is because he is physically incapable of singing in pitch. Also, he's a talentless hack. Autotune as an artistic choice, yeah right. Real musicians like The Beatles sure didn't need any wacky effects in their music! What scum.

did I do that right? :shifty:

Favorite songs on MBDTF:
1. So Appalled
2. Dark Fantasy
3. Blame Game

But every song is fantastic really. The autotune bit in Runaway doesn't bother me but I can't say I really enjoy it. It's the equivalent of long outros in rock songs for me.

My favourite two are Devil in a New Dress and Gorgeous. Both are so underrated because Monster, Power and All of the Lights were so huge. Those are all great songs but it's a shame those other tracks often get overlooked. The former is my fav Ye song, bar none, and the latter features what I consider to be Kanye's best set of lyrics and most impressive rapping.

I love this lyric: I treat the cash the way the government treats AIDS. I won't be satisfied until all my niggas get it, get it?

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

I think I understand where you're coming from with that, but it's hard for me to agree when the last album he released was so fucking strong. Yeezus is a killer work. I like it as much as anything he's ever done.

Some of the seams show, but Yeezus is about as creative and forward-thinking as it gets for mainstream music of any kind. I think Kanye still gives a damn.

I hope the longer than expected wait for his new album is because he noticed those autotuned songs are pretty shit. And saying his heart isn't into music any more is pretty ridiculous since he released his last album two years ago and he's on the verge of releasing another one.

I really, really like Only One.

My theory is that he got spooked by how good To Pimp a Butterfly is and so retreated to work on the new album some more.

Back
Top Bottom