the first "in color" thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
hey :)

I'm not good with words, I can't write a decent paragraph :uhoh:,but I can express myself through light and color.

I though that it could be a good idea to include images (pics, paintings...) from all of us here, in this forum, cuz it is another way to express our feelings and share our vision of the world.

-------
so, I'm going to show you one of my latest works... i'm really proud of this one, because it is my first work entirely done with watercolours and it shows the kind of concept that I like to deal with. It has some flaws but I was so happy when i finished it ...

birdcage2.jpg

Bircage girl - trapped soul

I remember that I saw a girl like this in a music video... maybe a Tori amos' video, I can't remember. but I just thought that it was such a beautiful image.

I never had big interest on birds before, but lately there are many of them in my drawings, maybe is something from my subconcious mind, freedom and lust for life, maybe.

Lore.

Last edited:
(So we should all post our photos/etc here, in the one thread?)

Sounds like a good idea to me; I've wanted something like that for a while. I'm glad to see something like it up and running.

:up:

Muggsy said:
hey :)

I'm not good with words, I can't write a decent paragraph :uhoh:,but I can express myself through light and color.

I though that it could be a good idea to include images (pics, paintings...) from all of us here, in this forum, cuz it is another way to express our feelings and share our vision of the world.

-------
so, I'm going to show you one of my latest works... i'm really proud of this one, because it is my first work entirely done with watercolours and it shows the kind of concept that I like to deal with. It has some flaws but I was so happy when i finished it ...

birdcage2.jpg

Bircage girl - trapped soul

I remember that I saw a girl like this in a music video... maybe a Tori amos' video, I can't remember. but I just thought that it was such a beautiful image.

I never had big interest on birds before, but lately there are many of them in my drawings, maybe is something from my subconcious mind, freedom and lust for life, maybe.

Lore.
[/QUOTE

you are such a great artist....where do you getyour training or are naturally talented.

Hey Lore - great idea. And what a wonderful picture!

this is by an artist called bansky
(anonymus)

banksy1.jpg

For Honor said:
(So we should all post our photos/etc here, in the one thread?)

No people can make other threads as well, just as they would with their poems etc.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, Muggsy. Anything new with the books you posted before? :drool:

Re: Re: the first "in color" thread!

JCOSTER said:

you are such a great artist....where do you getyour training or are naturally talented.

hmm.... I don't know.. I think I started since an early age, my parents was like :crazy: because I painted all the walls, but instead of punishing me, they bought me a big white board and some pencils. then they noticed that I was good at it, and they encouraged me with supplies and books. when I was college I was pretty sure that a career in arts was the right choice, so I studied graphic design at a public college, and I like to go to workshops with other illustrators to learn more :).

I’d just like to ask if you’ve ever actually created any illustrations that are specific to a piece of writing or if not would that be something that you’d have an interest in doing in the foreseeable future?

By the way that is some excellent work right there, your influences are quite apparent but you’ve definitely added your own flair to the proceedings.

ZeroDude said:
I’d just like to ask if you’ve ever actually created any illustrations that are specific to a piece of writing or if not would that be something that you’d have an interest in doing in the foreseeable future?

By the way that is some excellent work right there, your influences are quite apparent but you’ve definitely added your own flair to the proceedings.

yeah... actually i work as an illustrator. when I have to do drawings for text books there is not much place for interpretation, but I've made some pieces for short tales, and my degree proyect was an adaptation of a Jules Verne's novel. I really like to interpretate other people's writtings, and I would like to write my own illustrated books.

Excellent although not having much room for interpretation is bound to be frustrating at best or would you just view that as a means to an end almost?

I actually asked that question as you may have noticed that I’ve wrote and indeed write ridiculously complex poems/ prose that would be decidedly hellish for someone to represent using more traditional artistic mediums.

(I'm an awfully conceited bastard) :wink:

Although I’ll just add that I wish you the best of luck with your future and hopefully you’ll manage to write your books.

(Ignore me)

Last edited:
awesome painting muggsy... very cool.

hiphop - have you checked out Banksy's website and book?
http://www.banksy.co.uk/

his book "Wall and Piece" is incredible... get your hands on it if you can.
the man has an incredible mind on him and a talent to match
the work he did on the segregation wall in Palestine is astounding

maravilloso

watercolor, isn't? on guarro paper... right?

forget the Burton stuff, is very Remedios Varo (love her work)

Back
Top Bottom