need a little feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frogbat

The Fly
If you have a few minutes to spare...just wanted to ask for opinions on a new website design
http://www.geocities.com/blueandchrome

it's just a little project to practice design so ignore the content - the only link that works is the art one

you need js enabled for the menus
I'm using a mac and so I have no idea what it looks like on windoze, Amigas or Linux..

It's graphic heavy and so might be a while loading, don't have much time for tecnicalities like templates so the art page will take just as long if not longer to load - I'm just looking at aesthetics

thanks

I like the black and white designs, although a few icons aren't loading for me, I get the box with the red "X" and I have to right click and choose "show picture" to make it appear, and even then some of them don't work... very nicely done actually, and hey, it loads a lot faster than u2.com

but I do have one suggestion/ question:

there seems to be a lot of empty space (in white) on the right side of the page (to the right of the column with Events, Humour, Features, Opinions, Reviews), that may be an area you want to close up with graphics or by spacing out the left and right sides of the page more... you know what I mean? it's like the page is cut off on the right side, like your page design is smaller than the space you were given by geocities... that's my only real concern, but it's not that big a deal, maybe it's got more to do with my browser not opening the page properly?

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 01-24-2001).]

Dear Madam/Sir,

thank you for your feedback, your queries are tackled below

Frogbat,
Global Operations Director (GOD)
Flying Amphibian E-Publishing solutions

the red cross has to do with geocities being a bit temperamental with java rollover preloads or some other nonsensical excuse ie at times they work, at times they don't

the idea was origanlly to have the thing centred but couldn't due to the fact that when I move it to the centre, the drop down menus (faq, help..) stay put

I was thinking of framing with a simple borderline or this: http://www.geocities.com/blueandchrome/index2.htm
the top right corner will have to be closed too

thanks!

what better place for feedback than Feedback??
wink.gif

ok, I know it wasn't funny!
I like it frogbat; no constructive criticism from me
smile.gif

------------------
I spend my whole time running
He spends His running after me...

froggie battie,

the white column is still there, boy is it an eyesore. But whatever else you've done looks really good. I must say that I'm impressed with the download time, considering all the graphics you got there.

ok bye.

foray

hey.
it loaded up pretty quick for me, but i have cable. looks good - except the white bar that was mentioned above on the right - just makes it look like something's missing.
c-ya

------------------
I Believe in the Kingdom Come, where all the colors, will bleed into one...

Alright, frogbat, it looks muchhh better now. But hey, I have one more gripe
smile.gif
... I think your colour scheme is a little bit too business-like for an arts-oriented website. Don't you think a more colourful scheme would work? I'm not suggesting gaudy colours; maybe understated like mauve/beige/burgundy/forest-green. Or pastel, earthy tones.

Take it from an aspiring artist
tongue.gif

regards, foray

thanks guys for taking time out to respond

foray, the white bg should be black in this link www.geocities.com/blueandchrome/index2.htm

To think that it's geocities and all graphic based the download time ain't have bad
maybe u2.com might wish to rethink their flash dependency - the timeline should go - it should be a seperate feature, one called up only by the visitor

The thing is I could have improved d/l times better
And if I bothered I could have aranged it so as to use the same graphics for each section - sorry I'm waffling

again thanx

Back
Top Bottom