Things I Love: Part Love-Things-Like-Mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ I love your avatar! That's the first U2-related one I've seen.

I've also gotten into that Sherlock series on Masterpiece Theater on PBS. I need to go watch it soon.

^ I love your avatar! That's the first U2-related one I've seen.

I've also gotten into that Sherlock series on Masterpiece Theater on PBS. I need to go watch it soon.
There's also Keep Calm And Achtung Baby :D

And hey, I really like Sherlock too! Too bad there are so few episodes.

^ I had the Achtung Baby one for a while, and it is on my profile page! :wink:

When my friend from the barn and I are driving to lunch and U2 comes on the radio and both of us burst into singing along at the same time without either of us knowing the other was a U2 fan.

That my English teacher invited me to go on a trip to London with some other classmates. :ohmy: I'm honored! Now I just have to see if I can go! I'd love to see London.

My daughter is at her friend's house right now rehearsing a dance for the school talent show. A year ago this friend was diagnosed with a very rare type of bone cancer in her leg. The odds weren't good and best case scenario was that she would lose her leg. Thanks to some fantastic medical care she is in remission and dancing! Miracles do happen! :cute:

Hey GG a friend of mine was telling me that the Netherlands are bringing in laws that state you can't have weed at cafes or whatever unless you're Dutch? Any truth to that? It would kill tourism :lol:

That I met someone called Grace O'Malley and when I mentioned her namesake she knew what I was talking about :giggle:

Hey GG a friend of mine was telling me that the Netherlands are bringing in laws that state you can't have weed at cafes or whatever unless you're Dutch? Any truth to that? It would kill tourism :lol:

Sadly, yeah. They've started a pilot May 1st in the southern provinces that you can't buy weed unless you have an access card. So most Dutch people don't go to official coffee shops anymore, as they don't want their names to be in customer records. It's a brilliant move by the government, as it pushes the entire drug scene back into the underground movement. :doh: Fucktards.

The plan is to have it country wide by January 2013. Time to start hoarding I guess. :crack:

Massive overreaction. The local governments claimed there were too many issues concerning foreigners(Belgians, Germans) coming over to our country solely for the Coffee shops(well DUH). And that they didn't want that anymore.
Well brilliant, now they closed off legal routes, they still come. Yet it's now the illegal drugsrunners that get the profit, rather than government regulated stores. Bunch of morons.

Yep, we're going backwards. Also with the current economy issues, they're raising the prices and tax and shit, rather than cut their own spending. Our government is fucked up.

A friend has had a pretty strained relationship with his two oldest daughters for the past several years and one has even not talked to him in quite some time. They have their reasons and he can be difficult, but he does love them very much so this has been very painful for him. One of the girls had to have brain surgery (the other had the same surgery several years ago -- they are identical twins and this problem was caused by a congenital issue) and her father went there to be with her for this (they live on opposite ends of the earth, so it was a hell of a trip). The surgery (today) went well; both daughters (and their boyfriends) are talking to him; someone he loves very much who is battling alcoholism back home is hanging in there (after a hard relapse last week)....

His life will be messy and complicated again soon -- I swear it's just like a soap opera -- but today it's good. Really good. It's great to see him so happy.

To speak of things I love. :wink: Thank fuck I don't have to register on any list just yet...

Fwiw I passed calc 2 by pulling a 67 up to a passing grade with an A on my final to join the 50% pass rating for the Spring semester. Yay.

Well, my friend's life is messy and complicated again.
I do feel bad for him...but damn, it's the best freaking soap opera ever! lol :lol:

Back
Top Bottom