Pointless threads make me bonkos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
*twitch*

I don't understand why ppl will use a whole thread and keep it alive when it's only a thing bt them

DO PMs AND EMAILS NOT WORK

*twitch*

*combust*

We like to have fun...you can't have a group thing with PM's and emails...that's just for one-on-one action!

Interesting you would say that!:eyebrow:

Then again half of the posts on Interference are "pointless" .....Just check PLEBA! :silent: Well, at least I don't get them! :scratch: I personally find pointless threads entertaining!

I would also like to add that the there have been many kind posts in IO...people who post in IO are very nice, and we help each other out with real life problems. We don't just goof off.

daisybean said:
I think Mona is refering to some of us being silly in this thread http://forum2.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58371

LOL You know I was so bored the other day I was reading that thread........ I have no clue what was going on but I was laughing! LOL Again, who cares! I mean that's what I meant by being "pointless" threads in PLEBA....but then again... a small portion of them are fun........ but most threads there I think are just are:huh: Except the picture ones of course! ;)

:D

Last edited:
I tend to agree, though any and all threads are pointless by someones standards!
Some are amusing and harmless enough I suppose.
And some people only post them cuz they are snobs and want to show off. Not that they have anything to show off, they dont, but...thats a snob for ya! :madspit:

Last edited:
DoTheEvolution said:

LOL You know I was so bored the other day I was reading that thread........ I have no clue what was going on but I was laughing! LOL Again, who cares! I mean that's what I meant by being "pointless" threads in PLEBA....but then again... a small portion of them are fun........ but most threads there I think are just are:huh: Except the picture ones of course! ;)

:D

Like I said it was us being silly and containing our chat silliness to one thread... so that there aren't "cryptic" messages all over PLEBA. We are contained to one thread in a sense.

The only people that respond to the thread are those who are in the chat room at the time....No one said "Hey I don't get it," and if they did I'd try to explain it to them.

Basically it is us in the course of conversation finding pictures relating to said conversation and posting them one the board. Or us being bored and drawing pictures, or having a smilie war. Which in my opinion is no different than the stuff that goes on in IO.

Geez if I didn't know it bothered people that much.

daisybean said:

Like I said it was us being silly and containing our chat silliness to one thread... so that there aren't "cryptic" messages all over PLEBA. We are contained to one thread in a sense.

The only people that respond to the thread are those who are in the chat room at the time....No one said "Hey I don't get it," and if they did I'd try to explain it to them.

Basically it is us in the course of conversation finding pictures relating to said conversation and posting them one the board. Or us being bored and drawing pictures, or having a smilie war. Which in my opinion is no different than the stuff that goes on in IO.

Geez if I didn't know it bothered people that much.

Daisy, that is not what I meant! ;) That post didn't bother me, I thought it was entertaining! All I'm saying is that there is nothing wrong with having threads like that, because what some of us find annoying others find "interesting" and vice versa! I for example don't like all the fan fiction that goes on in PLEBA, to me that is :huh: but to the majority is "fun" ..... yah know? Maybe some threads that Mona finds "interesting" other may find annoying and maybe drive them bonko's or whatever she said too! It's just a matter of taste! It's like who's to say what thread is "pointless" and not! Well, to me at least! :) If you don't like a certain thread just don't reply..... that's what I do! :)

Last edited:
MonaVox said:

DO PMs AND EMAILS NOT WORK

why didn't you pm us about this then? viewing a thread is a choice.

i agree with daisy in that it's nothing too different than what appears in IO, it's just that it's not the IO people.

interference serves as a good silly outlet, because there are so many things you can use the internet for that you can't do in real life, i.e flash a picture that makes the joke funnier. if you feel left out or anything by it, join in, we are not trying to be exclusive by any means. if you want to know about the jokes, then ask, we would be glad to explain them.

again, apologies if the thread offends you, but you have the choice not to view it.

sulawesigirl4 said:

pointless and cliqueish. rather like middle school. :tongue: but whatever floats your boat.

The word "clique" has such a negative connotation.

I personally am nice to whoever posts in there, except for the people I jokingly kid, such as Basstrap, z edge, and zoney...but we are just kiddin' with each other, and we know it.

*shrugs*

Well, I come here to have fun, and I will continue to do so!!!!

You should come have fun with us!!!

*sprays sula with Silly String* :D

Bonochick said:

The word "clique" has such a negative connotation.

I personally am nice to whoever posts in there, except for the people I jokingly kid, such as Basstrap, z edge, and zoney...but we are just kiddin' with each other, and we know it.

ditto!

I dont care who's post it is, it's a public forum...if I have something to say or not I'll reply, even if it doesnt make sense, sometimes I post just not to make sense (when I'm bored) :eeklaugh: :D ;) :mac: ....er did that make sense?

_________

grrrr to Bonochick who stole my Silly String! :scream: :mad: :madspit: :mac: :tongue:

Last edited:
I guess maybe I just don't feel on top of my Interference game anymore....

and that means something to me bc I've met some really cool ppl here.....in person even. But I don't know what happened, I don't feel like I know anyone anymore.

I don't know.

Mona I do gotta say that I was kinda surprised/hurt to see that thread come from you. It seemed odd to me since you are the "Queen of Silly threads" yourself. I guess I was also on the defensive from a negative "clique" comment someone made toward me and some others on a PLEBA thread.

But I know how you feel, there is a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense here to me. However it makes sense to other people, and it never really bothered me whether I "got it" or not.

However like the DoTheEvolution said, it's all a matter of taste, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

1. *sniff* kaaww I didn't know I was the queen of silly threads...! :)

2. I'm stickin' to me confession. I'm sorry if it hurts anyone, I knew it wouldn't go over well. All I'm sayin' is there IS an off-topic forum....I've got no specific problem with anyone on any board (except YOU Fishy..participle... ;)) so if anyone's thinking I'm trying to be evil to any one person in particular, know that I'm not. I've had that happen to me, on purpose or accidentally, I don't know, but I know that it sucks a large object and I wouldn't do that to anyone. I'm just saying~ a place fer everything and everything in its place.

3. also nobody could even know what thread I'm talkin aboot...but if you say so....

It's interesting the time when ppl choose to listen to you and take your words seriously.....

take it easy, cookies.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Monavox:
and that means something to me bc I've met some really cool ppl here.....in person even.

KAAAAAAWWW...PUPPY!

GAH GAH GAH

She never mentioned any names...if you took offense to her confession that is your own guilty conscience speaking...

Not accusing anyone, but I think it is funny that some of you are coming down on Mona for specifics when she never got past the general...

The Feesh

We're not getting on anyone here. Some of us took offense because we also love this place, and feel as if there are thread police at every turn. Which should not be the case, except for in extreme cases when mods are obligated to step in.

This place should be fun for everyone who comes here. If you don't get a thread, simply do not open it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom